IGNORED

How will we recognize the two witnesses in Rev 11 ?

Petra-Psalm118:8

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't plan on knowing them in their ministry, I will be light years away eating Chicken wings and mashed Potato's and gravy at suppertime in heaven. :)

That sounds like a pre-tribulation rapture perspective. One I used to cling to for many years, but I have since been shown through scripture that my beliefs were wrong. We are to endure to the end as a test of our faith and like all Christians throughout the history of the Bible to present, we will face extreme persecution in the tribulation of the last days, but be spared the wrath upon the wicked at the end, Gods final judgement. It is then the dead shall rise first, then those left living will be swept away and protected from the annihilation of wickedness on the earth.

I don't plan on knowing them in their ministry, I will be light years away eating Chicken wings and mashed Potato's and gravy at suppertime in heaven. :)

That sounds like a pre-tribulation rapture perspective. One I used to cling to for many years, but I have since been shown through scripture that my beliefs were wrong. We are to endure to the end as a test of our faith and like all Christians throughout the history of the Bible to present, we will face extreme persecution in the tribulation of the last days, but be spared the wrath upon the wicked at the end, Gods final judgement. It is then the dead shall rise first, then those left living will be swept away and protected from the annihilation of wickedness on the earth.

:)

No Southern Deep Fried Chicken Wings And Mashed Potatoes With Gravy For You, lol

~

To Chastise A Beloved Brother For Looking Up For His Redemption

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Is Perhaps, At The Very Best Unwise

Wouldn't You Think

~

Oh The Misery Those Two Prophets Gave To The World Of Happy Happy Sinners

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. Revelation 11:3-6

Oh The Joy When Their Big Fat Mouths Were Finally Shut

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. Revelation 11:7-10

Oh The Fear When They Were Resurrected

And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. Revelation 11:11-13

And Were Snatched Up By Their LORD

~

I Believe This Is The Turning Point In The Life Of The Nation Of Israel

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Romans 11:26-27

Where The Remnant Finally And Forever Turn To Yeshua

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: Romans 9:27

Turn To Yeshua (Jesus)

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Romans 12:17

I Believe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

who said we would know who there are. who said any of us would be there to klnow who they are?

Amen! I don't plan on being here. By God's grace I will be with Jesus. Best of luck to those of you

who do plan on being here.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The two witnesses are speculated to be several potential characters from the OT, and NT. It causes a lot of debate that I would rather avoid. My question is, how will we know they are here, or how will we know them. Will they be like John the Baptist?

Your question is valid, but when you think about it, it's kinda laughable. In a non-derogatory sense. Do not worry, when Moshe and Eliyahu make their appearance, all those who were left will notice them.

Blessings

Edited by SHIROI RAKUEN

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:)

No Southern Deep Fried Chicken Wings And Mashed Potatoes With Gravy For You, lol

~

To Chastise A Beloved Brother For Looking Up For His Redemption

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

Is Perhaps, At The Very Best Unwise

Wouldn't You Think

~

Oh The Misery Those Two Prophets Gave To The World Of Happy Happy Sinners

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. Revelation 11:3-6

Oh The Joy When Their Big Fat Mouths Were Finally Shut

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. Revelation 11:7-10

Oh The Fear When They Were Resurrected

And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. Revelation 11:11-13

And Were Snatched Up By Their LORD

~

I Believe This Is The Turning Point In The Life Of The Nation Of Israel

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Romans 11:26-27

Where The Remnant Finally And Forever Turn To Yeshua

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: Romans 9:27

Turn To Yeshua (Jesus)

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Romans 12:17

I Believe

LOL...well, I don't know about southern fried chicken, but a big bowl of spaghetti with garlic bread and salad sounds pretty good...maybe we'll get to dine together someday:) Sorry, I didn't mean to chastise. My views about the rapture have changed though...whether right or wrong...I'm prepared and hopefully worthy to be counted as one of Gods own. You have spoken very eloquently and it sure would be wonderful to be spared all the chaos of the last days. :)

My views about the rapture have changed though...whether right or wrong...I'm prepared and hopefully worthy to be counted as one of Gods own.

Me Too :)

And Any One Looking Up For Jesus Is A Brother Indeed~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Interesting

I've always thought the two witnesses would be Enoch and Elijah since they are the two men that have yet to die, and scripture states each man is appointed to die once.

Just as Moses was visually changed by being in the presences of God and his glory, I think everyone seeing the two witnesses will notice the difference, but may not know or deny why.

As far as the rapture, the Lord can come whenever his father likes, the sooner the better, either way I'll be with him.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

Interesting

... Enoch and Elijah since they are the two men that have yet to die, and scripture states each man is appointed to die once.

Have you not already died once?

Romans ch 6 v 3: Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

v 4: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:(hence, your 1st death) that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life; (the old man has passed away).

v. 5: For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: (What is flesh is flesh. What is spirit is spirit. Did you recieve the Holy Ghost? who the Father sent to you shortly after your confession? Hence, being resurrected in his spirit that died for all creation?

v. 6: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin,

v. 7: For he that is dead is freed from sin.

As we live, and move, and breath; we do so unto God.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153

Interesting

... Enoch and Elijah since they are the two men that have yet to die, and scripture states each man is appointed to die once.

Have you not already died once?

Romans ch 6 v 3: Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

v 4: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:(hence, your 1st death) that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life; (the old man has passed away).

v. 5: For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: (What is flesh is flesh. What is spirit is spirit. Did you recieve the Holy Ghost? who the Father sent to you shortly after your confession? Hence, being resurrected in his spirit that died for all creation?

v. 6: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin,

v. 7: For he that is dead is freed from sin.

As we live, and move, and breath; we do so unto God.

No, I have not died physically yet.

Maybe I have my theology a bit mixed up. I think I need to elaborate:

What is the "First" Death?

From the moment a baby is born, he begins to die. Cells are dying throughout a human being's lifetime, a process that ultimately leads to the death of the individual. Since this "Death" is inherent in every individual when he is born, this death is the "First" death.

The "First" death then, is the physical death that each person dies on this earth - a physical, but a temporal death from which everyone will be resurrected. Those who are righteous will be resurrected to everlasting life and those who are wicked will be resurrected for the judgment and the "Second Death", believed by most disciples to be a physical death also, but this time the death is presumed to be permanent.

So, both "Deaths", the First and the Second, are physical deaths - according to present day theology, the "First" is temporary and the "Second" is permanent.

Edited by Enoc

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

will those who are caught away when Jesus comes back have to die ?

If appointed for man to die once really means this. (physically)