• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Just wanted to share with you all some GREAT news, at 11:30pm last night (British Time), I got down on my knees and received the Lord Jesus Christ as my saviour, there were no great flashes of light, but i went to sleep last night with a smile on my face. 

Sister Anne,

The great flashes of light? They were there but in Heaven with all the angels rejoicing! Praise God!

Luke 15

3  So He told them this parable, saying,

4  "What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?

5  "When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6  "And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'

7  "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Bless you,

Wayne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

No great flashes of light here, either. I received Christ as a child. But through my 43 years of following Christ, I have found him always faithful, even when I wasn't. I have lived a life of peace and joy. No matter what my outward circumstances!

Welcome to the family, Anne!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Thanks all,

You're making me blush :blink:

All i can say is, thank God my first lesson in the Bible was endurance, i'm gonna need it, just shows you nothing happens quite by accident.

Love to you all, kid sister in Christ Jesus.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Anne,

Praise God, Praise God! No fireworks here either. :) Only in my heart. :)

All the angels in heaven are rejoicing at my God's Glory. Hallelujah!

I am so happy for you. Like my sister Suzanne. I may look like a normal human being? My life is substantially different in every tiny way. That is how much He cares about me.

He Loves you sister Anne. Even down to the smallest hair on your head.

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I'm confused. Enduring takes work. So you have to work for the free gift of salvation. Dosen't make any sence to me at all. I thought Christ was the one who endured. When it comes down to it, its not any different than Islam or any other religion. It all depends on how well you endure. Some do well and some don't. God's love is conditional. As long as you endure. Im not the worst sinner I know but I sure am one. Sinning is not enduring. I see why its so important to raise your kids up to be doers of the word. If you don't, there pattern in life gos the other way and its then much harder for them to change. Those who are lucky enough to have good Christian parents have a much easier time enduring. Many are taught to do the opposite and find it very difficult to change themselves when they grow up. I hear people say that its through God's grace that you endure but I find that to be false. When it comes down to it, its always your choice to wrestle with and if you fail, you shure aren't enduring. Its true what the bible says about the sins of the Father visiting the son. Very true. If your raised up by a drunk who is abusive and other adults that step over the line in a sexual way its not so easy to endure when you get older because by then you yourself become a slave. Many are dealing with this and get Fs on their endurance report card. This is a fact. I dont abuse my children by the way. Never have and never wanted to. I love them to much but my mind is full of sin. I have never had peace or joy and at this stage I dont think its possible because the rot has now set in to my body. The wages of sin is death. I've pleaded with god to clean my mind but the evil thought patterns are always there. Iv'e tried and tried and now Im mostly tired. I know their are many like me who choose to go to church, give money to the ministry as well as time and talents but underneath it all is a wicked soul. The one good thing I can say about myself is that I raised my kids to respect God and they do have peace and joy. I'm thankful to God for that. There, I have endured but it wasn't hard because I wanted something differant than what my 2 nutcase parents gave me.

Endurance grades are as follows:

100 - 90% endurance =A

89 - 80% endurance =B

79 - 70 % endurance = C

69 - 60% endurace =D

anything under = F

I'm probably at a 55% endurance rate right now.(F)

Feel free to share your scores!

I'm very curious!

God Bless

Dan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Praise the Lord!!!

This is wonderful news. Your life will never be the same. He can bring such joy, even in our sorrows. Thank you Lord for our new sister in Christ!

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

We must lay down our lives in order to gain it.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Good morning Dogvolach(hope i've spelt it right),

You're wrong about one thing, it's not easier for children who have grown up with Christian parents and Christian values, i don't think it makes a whole lot of difference to be honest. My father was an evangelist and my mother a faithful Christian, at that time i was the most distruptive teenager i know, having a Christian family, well it can sort of harden you're heart against God, you get used to people telling you that salvation is the only answer, so no D, it's not easier.

I don't think i'll grade myself, cause guess what, if everyone in these forums were to get together and grade themselves don't think anyone would get an A grade. We're all tempted and sometimes give in to that. I feel for you, i am so sorry that you are fighting with yourself, i hope and pray that God will throw you a life line. Maybe he has and you just haven't seen it yet.

Lord Jesus Christ,

I come to you in humbleness on behave of Dogvolach, Heavenly Father i pray that you will bestow upon him peace of mind and give him the strength to carry on. Fill him anew with your blessed Holy Spirit, for he finds himself in the slough of despondancy, Lord help us reach in and pull him out.

This I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, for where he is non can stand against.

God bless you D

Your friend in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm confused. Enduring takes work. So you have to work for the free gift of salvation. Dosen't make any sence to me at all. I thought Christ was the one who endured.

Dear Dan,

I hope I can clarify a little better.

Guest Thomas I believe

Susan, Great post and a good reminder to all of us. To endure in our Christian life is tough to say the least, and there are many of our old tapes that play from time to time, I call them the tapes of satan.Temptation is always there seeking us ready to take us down. To endure in God takes absolute confidence in the Lord absolute trust that all will be ok, absolute strength derived from His word. We must humbly surrender ourselves completly into His care. To endure in our current world is hard and we must stand strong on our legs. If they wobble we will fall. Anchored in Jesus, The Rock we cannot fail! He is the strength that we need, the fortress of protection. We may be tested , we may be persecuted, we may stumble at times but one thing is certain , He is always there with us, to help us up if we fall , to brush us off after the dust settles. The benefits that we receive for enduring all that life dishes out are immeasurable in Him.