IGNORED

A Good Rep of Jesus Christ & How to Avoid False Doctrine?

Six-strings

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

<<< Split from this thread:

I believe this one is worth discussing in it's own thread/topic.

God bless,

GE >>>

Hi, new here. I have a couple of questions, if that's okay?

How do I become an Honorable representative of Jesus Christ? His Love is so Wonderful and Pure I know I'm not "worthy".

Jesus says, "beware of false doctrine". I've gone through so many doctrines now and I still haven't found one that "i think" follows Jesus's Teachings w/o "false doctrine" involved. How do I figure this out?

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< Split. I believe this one is worth discussing in it's own thread/topic. >>>

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

How do I become an Honorable representative of Jesus Christ? His Love is so Wonderful and Pure I know I'm not "worthy".

Jesus says, "beware of false doctrine". I've gone through so many doctrines now and I still haven't found one that "i think" follows Jesus's Teachings w/o "false doctrine" involved. How do I figure this out?

Welcome! This is what the discussion forums are for. :) I hope you like it here.

I have split your post into it's own thread/topic so we can discuss this as I believe these are wonderful questions.

Thank you. They are very important to me.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11

Hi 6strings

The Holy Spirit is the one that reveals or speaks about Christ, scripture calls him a "Teacher" who will lead us into all truths so Galatians 5:22 reveals the nature of this spirit that teaches Christ as follows;love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness and temperance.

Whatever doctrine promotes these then it is of Christ and true; The fruit of the spirit at hand is actually all we truly have as guide to discernment

Hi 6strings

The Holy Spirit is the one that reveals or speaks about Christ, scripture calls him a "Teacher" who will lead us into all truths so Galatians 5:22 reveals the nature of this spirit that teaches Christ as follows;love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness and temperance.

Whatever doctrine promotes these then it is of Christ and true; The fruit of the spirit at hand is actually all we truly have as guide to discernment

Thanks for your input Portia. I am having trouble finding the Love, Joy, etc.. Seems as if all Christian Denominations have hateful undertones that are not "Christ Like" and there lies my dilemma.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

<<< Split from this thread:

I believe this one is worth discussing in it's own thread/topic.

God bless,

GE >>>

I also would like to take a minute and welcome you to our little corner of the 'net! It is good to have you here among us!

Might I ask what you mean by "honorable representative" of Christ? :)

And also what doctrine(s) you're having problems with?

The reason that I ask is that according to the scripture: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17...so although none of us is in or by our own nature either "worthy" nor "honorable", by the blood of Christ we have been cleansed, redeemed, made new, and received adoption as children of God.

We also have another promise given to us found in Philippians 1:6: being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Dearest sister...remember that you are now a work in progress, with the very Spirit of God dwelling in you to do His good work and His good will!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Not quite....under the spiritual gifts as given by God at His discretion by the Holy Spirit, there is also the gift of discerning of spirits...seems to be a supernatural ability

Experience and study are other factors that promote sound Biblical doctrine

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

6strings...I know exactly how you feel...it has been a little over a year since I recommitted my life to Jesus and, like you, I have a difficult time with different doctrines in different churches. I completely believe as Portia pointed out, that the Holy Spirit is your guide on a journey to Gods truth. I don't believe that journey actually stops as I keep growing, learning and understanding Gods purpose and the Bible more and more each day. I gain knowledge from Christian brothers and sisters from all denominations and truly believe that to have the power of Gods love and the ability to forgive as God does is the most important doctrine of them all. With Gods love in our hearts, the Bible guides and leads us to His truth...and the journey has begun. There indeed is false doctrine out there, but the Holy Spirit, Jesus teachings and Gods amazing love and power will help lead you back if you wander and keep you on His path. Pray, ask questions, have faith in Jesus gift of life to us through His sacrifice and read your Bible everyday...it all helps with your journey. And Welcome, albeit I'm quite new here too. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

The basic confessions of faith are pretty well universally accepted: the Apostles Creed and the Nicene Creed. The acceptance of the pre existant Godhead, that they are Creator of heavens and earth, Christ's virgin birth, substitutionary death for our sins, ascension, and return for His Church are fundamental. The person and work of the Holy Spirt: to enlighten, to give power to do God's will, to comfort and be an advocate, to indwell believers sealing us as God's kids and making us part of the invisible body of Christ.

Salvation by faith alone is the cornerstone of Protestantism. This is where some bitter arguments still arise. The Spirit of God put a spotlight on Eph. 2:8. and set Martin Luther free from the bondage of trying to be good enough to go to heaven. This same verse set me free, too. But there are people who need to hear that if their faith lies unproductive it is dead. Perhaps the person is backslidden or only has an intellectual belief, and needs to know that saving faith produces faith love and joy that cannot be contained and must be expressed. God's Spirit moves us to reach out to others and to obey parents, husbands and God's Word. These works are not necessary for salvation. They are only natural expressions of our salvation that we grow in.

A belief in the inspiration of the Bible, the accuracy, the need to interpret it litterally where ever possible also points the way to a good church. We must see God as He is expressed in Scripture and not toss out passages that disagree with our philosophy. The 66 books remain our canon, and no other writings are to be accepted. Traditions and man's "prophecies" are not basis for doctrine, but are not necessarily evil in themselves unless they contradict Scripture.

Most other controversies can become bitter because of the immaturity of the people involved. But they are not foundational to Christianity. So my policy is to avoid foolish and sensless controversies, whether is be about food, holidays, music (but I still like Godly rock and roll). If it is fun to talk about these without people getting upset, it may be OK. Otherwise, just avoid them. They are not necessary for a person's salvation. For instance, baptism should be left to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. When in doubt about a doctrine, check the Bible. I always thought that there are many beautiful genuine Christians in most denominations, and I have been a member of a few that I disagreed with about non essentials. In fact, before joining I told the pastors that I didn't agree with certain doctrines. Two told me "that's OK, you are still saved".

I baptised our babies in the Lutheran Church because I wanted to dedicate them to the Lord. I figured after they had accepted Jesus for themselves, they could take part in a believers' baptism. All churches accept believers baptism by immersion. Meanwhile, I loved the Lutheran Church and God sent me there to be grounded in the basics of Christianity. I found their rituals to be meaningful expressions of worship. Nearly every church has special strengths to offer us what we as individuals need in growing into the likeness of Christ.

1 Thess 5:21-22 Test all things; hold fast to that which is good. Abstain from every sort of evil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

The more time you spend reading the Bible, the more apt you become at spotting false doctrine. :)