IGNORED

Lol...it is safe to say "Merry Christmas" in Texas now...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/29/a-bill-in-texas-just-quietly-passed-both-houses-making-christmas-in-public-schools-legal/

The bill also unambiguously legalizes displays of the religious imagery associated with traditional winter celebrations including nativity scenes, Christmas trees and menorahs. The caveat is that all displays must include imagery from at least two religions or some additional secular symbol. (Messages encouraging adherence to a religion are verboten, too.)

The good thing is that they are careful not to go against the Supreme Court decision (no one religion can be expressed) while equally affirming the Constitution definition of how religion should be treated.

What do you guys think? Is it sad that a law should be passed? Do you think it is still a violation of the Constitution or the Supreme Court decision?

Going back to my previous thread about "Separation of Church and State " do you think this might cause problems in the future due to the misconstrue of the Constitution?

I think it reaffirms the power of state's rights...

Guest LadyC

i think it's infuriating that such a bill has to be passed. and it IMO is still a violation of constitutional rights of religious freedom. but... i remember back when school choirs and bands used to be able to play or sing traditional christmas hymns (my generation), and then i remember when suddenly, school choirs and bands could no longer sing or play any christmas music that wasn't secular. in fact, they barely got by with playing even secular christmas music because so many songs have the word 'christmas' in them. that was my children's generation. i'm very glad that now, during my granchildren's generation, they'll be allowed to enjoy christmas in schools. and maybe i'll even go to see a school performance during the holidays. again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Satan is loving it. :unsure:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Sad, very sad :( 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Well, I love it. It is infuriating to not be allowed to display a nativity. Now we just have to use the star of David as the star of Bethleham. No problem. No problem in displaying the 10 commandments, either. If we show Christ on a cross at easter, just make sure that "King of the Jews" is plainly above His head as the charge against Him. I would even add chariactures of picketers with sulllen, angry or blank faces holding signs claiming "there is no God" vs joyful faces of believers worshipping. Wish we could pass one of those laws up here, but the west side of the state is most populate and most liberal. It would never fly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I think it reaffirms the states rights as well and it's good to see it in action with the wisdom and knowledge to reclaim their constitutional rights.