IGNORED

The Confusing thing about the Rapture is...

JohnD

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

A much overlooked fact is that for people to participate in the rapture, they must believe in the rapture.

Does that mean Christians who don't believe that the rapture will occur will not be raptured if it does occur?

If you believe in Jesus and God's word, then you believe in the rapture. You can not knit pick what to and what not to believe. All or nothing

A much overlooked fact is that for people to participate in the rapture, they must believe in the rapture.

Does that mean Christians who don't believe that the rapture will occur will not be raptured if it does occur?

If you believe in Jesus and God's word, then you believe in the rapture. You can not knit pick what to and what not to believe. All or nothing

If You Believe

And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. Mark 16:6

In The Resurrection

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:26-29

Then I Think You Believe

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Revelation 20:4-5

In The Rapture

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Despite their differences, all 3 views that you cite (pre, mid, post) share one thing in common - they all agree that the dead in Christ are resurrected first to meet Christ in the air before those who are still living. They differ in when this takes place.  Martha, the sister of Lazarus specifies just when this resurrection takes place: "Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jn 11:24  Thus the pretrib view is eliminated because it holds that the rapture takes place before the last day.

Sorry, but that is just your opinion, and it doesn't jive with what many others see as THE LAST DAY. There is more than one LAST DAY. The righteous living have an appointed last day as do the unrighteous living. Then there is another last day where Jesus, the King, once returned, will judge the nations (Sheep and Goats judgment).

The Pre-trib view cannot be eliminated, as the call of the Bridegroom to His waiting Bride is the Bride's particular last day as betrothed.

Of course it's my opinion. As if you don't have an opinion?  Unfortunately your opinion holds no water as it cannot be substantiated by Scripture which is the only thing that matters despite what you or "others" claim.  The pre-trib view of course maintains that the rapture occurs before the start of the tribulation period.  However, no where in the Bible is the time period before the tribulation ever referred to as the Last Day, therefore your notion is false.  If you can show me scripture that refutes this, I will gladly reconsider my opinion.

The confusing thing about the rapture is  confusing  the pre-trib people with biblical facts! :biggrin2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Despite their differences, all 3 views that you cite (pre, mid, post) share one thing in common - they all agree that the dead in Christ are resurrected first to meet Christ in the air before those who are still living. They differ in when this takes place.  Martha, the sister of Lazarus specifies just when this resurrection takes place: "Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jn 11:24  Thus the pretrib view is eliminated because it holds that the rapture takes place before the last day.

Sorry, but that is just your opinion, and it doesn't jive with what many others see as THE LAST DAY. There is more than one LAST DAY. The righteous living have an appointed last day as do the unrighteous living. Then there is another last day where Jesus, the King, once returned, will judge the nations (Sheep and Goats judgment).

The Pre-trib view cannot be eliminated, as the call of the Bridegroom to His waiting Bride is the Bride's particular last day as betrothed.

Of course it's my opinion. As if you don't have an opinion?  Unfortunately your opinion holds no water as it cannot be substantiated by Scripture which is the only thing that matters despite what you or "others" claim.  The pre-trib view of course maintains that the rapture occurs before the start of the tribulation period.  However, no where in the Bible is the time period before the tribulation ever referred to as the Last Day, therefore your notion is false.  If you can show me scripture that refutes this, I will gladly reconsider my opinion.

Dan 12:4

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

KJV

Even to the time of the end is synonymous with last days... early 1900's we see God moving His fulfillment of Word spoken of by Daniel...  Love, Steven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02