IGNORED

Money

To the question "Do money answer all things"and you quoted Ecclesiastes 10:19 KJV an answer accrdg. to the scripture "A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things" w/c I can say is not really what Solomon the author wanted to convey becoz He himself cannot find out w/c route is the most successful for him to take becoz he's wisdom is limited says here in( Ecc.8:1-8;17) Solomon's writing is giving the young people in his kingdom a warning to avoid walking through life in the path of human wisdom;exhorted them to live by the revealed wisdom of God (Ecc.12:9-14).

Welcome to Worthy!

~

Amen~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Welcome to Worthy! 

If one has wisdom one has everything!

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/14/2013 at 4:40 PM, BrandonL said:

And no, money doesn't solve everything, although it probably makes some things a little easier.

Yes,  like making the "wide road" easier ......   and the "narrow road to life" more difficult for many .......

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,629
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Two things I ask of you;
    deny them not to me before I die:
 Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
    give me neither poverty nor riches;
    feed me with the food that is needful for me,
 lest I be full and deny you
    and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal
    and profane the name of my God.

-Agur

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Two things I ask of you;
    deny them not to me before I die:
 Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
    give me neither poverty nor riches;
    feed me with the food that is needful for me,
 lest I be full and deny you
    and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal
    and profane the name of my God.

-Agur

Now who on earth can deny that simple TRUTH in our wonderful book of proverbs.    its a beauty.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Now who on earth can deny that simple TRUTH in our wonderful book of proverbs.    its a beauty.

Almost everyone ..... yes, sad but truth.

They "admit" out loud, openly,  their need for greed and to lie.... when questioned in person,  and many even online.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Almost everyone ..... yes, sad but truth.

They "admit" out loud, openly,  their need for greed and to lie.... when questioned in person,  and many even online.

Oh Jeff, that is really sad, to think that you do not know of the many if not most all that I witness, whose very lives are testimony of their  awareness of the perfect portion  from God in their daily lives.  I know of the quiet generosity, the eelyomosinary grace of our Lord Jesus that  gets shared by so many. All  generous so that no one is either too rich for appreciation of God nor so poor as to resent Him.

God's children are a most sharing lot. Plus in truth, I know of some other that have given so much in time  serious work and money  to needs of others that they do not even know, that I find God is at work even as they deny Him as their creator. Seems there is a almost natural generosity underlying their very being.

My own family gave to others always, and from the heart without seeking credit or favor. My father spent 30 years helping. starting with Vietnam veterans to have their faces rebuilt after their horrific injuries. He was not alone in the effort, but he was especially generous with funding and time.

At the local body of Christ I know of the sharing that happens each day too. It is not all that glum  around us. Praise God! 

Edited by Neighbor

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Oh Jeff, that is really sad, to think that you do not know of the many if not most all that I witness, whose very lives are testimony of their  awareness of the perfect portion  from God in their daily lives.  I know of the quiet generosity, the eelyomosinary grace of our Lord Jesus that  gets shared by so many. All  generous so that no one is either too rich for appreciation of God nor so poor as to resent Him.

God's children are a most sharing lot. Plus in truth, I know of some that have given so much in time  serious work and money  to needs of others that they do not even know, that I find God is at work even as they deny Him as their creator. Seems there is a almost natural generosity underlying their very being.

My own family gave to others always, and from the heart without seeking credit or favor. My father spent 30 years helping. starting with Vietnam veterans to have their faces rebuilt after their horrific injuries. He was not alone in the effort, but he was especially generous with funding and time.

At the local body of Christ I know of the sharing that happens each day too. It is not all that glum  around us. Praise God! 

No worries here !   REJOICE that the true ones are in every country....  as Yahweh has called and chosen and set apart for HIMSELF a testimony in every people.

Yes,  some get to see the truth,  out of every country/people Yahweh has chosen a few, a remnant. "many, in some terms"  but "few" as Jesus says....   Just like on the internet - "few" ever on the narrow road to life,  "many" on the wide road deceived, to destruction ...... as Jesus Says in Yahweh's Word.

26 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

i.e. it is no secret - it is widely known , almost everywhere ......   and "freely" admitted, as if they won't suffer judgment.

Just now, simplejeff said:

i.e. it is no secret - it is widely known , almost everywhere ......   and "freely" admitted, as if they won't suffer judgment.

Then praise God for I get to focus in my own life around the ever so generous among us, of which there are nonbelievers and believers tending to needs of others, side by side.

Some in their  external "opulence", even as they gain maturity of years, still  act as caregivers for the hurting, by works and  by use of their financial resources. One family member, a Roman Catholic who just now became amazed as we talked to learn the  "we" too know of the Holy Spirit and believe in the triune God, is still working  on improving the portable solar powered system he invented and has in use at a very poor island nation. And, is presently rigging  the system to also provide clean water.

I could go on and on about the people of great financial means and those of quite modest resources that go into all the world, some not only with the gospel of Jesus but also with the sweat of their brow.

Another, that God led me to  briefly, provides literally water, cool water in the name of our Lord, to those suffering natural disasters even as they also  bring  rebuilding resources to the handicapped among the hurting  after great storms do their damage.

All these people seek no personal gain nor praise they are just motivated at a deep heart level to go about  rather quietly doing what they are somehow led to do. They are the very definition of the word eleemosynary.