IGNORED

Why do you think people need to feel better about themselves?

missmuffet

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

Also when a person rejects God or starts believing in laws/notions that are against God's law (abortion, homosexuality etc) even if they claim atheism there still is some seed of doubt/guilt/anger. A person can never see themselves in a good light if they are constantly fueling with themselves morally specially if they have pushed away God's love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Why can't people be happy with themselves the way God made them?

I will be blunt. It is no fun being laughed at for having a deformity. Or pick on because your not some teenage beauty queen. Or told your stupid because your not good at math problems. And You get pick last for basket ball in gym class even though you can play better then anyone else. To make matters worst. Not every one has a parent who tells them they are special. I have to go now as I am having flash backs from my childhood.

Gosh, LadyKay, you sound like this thread really hit home.  Look, you're here among your fellow Christians and you are a daughter of the Most High King.  Let that other stufff go because you KNOW He loves you and thinks you're wonderful.  :mgbowtie: 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Also when a person rejects God or starts believing in laws/notions that are against God's law (abortion, homosexuality etc) even if they claim atheism there still is some seed of doubt/guilt/anger. A person can never see themselves in a good light if they are constantly fueling with themselves morally specially if they have pushed away God's love.

Amen to that.  :mgbowtie:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Is it a sin to want to feel better about yourself?  I guess I'm not really getting this.

and how was that exactly, naked, slimey, devoid of make-up, coiffed hair, manicures, jewelry, tatoos, educations, skills etc? Can you be more specific?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Is it a sin to want to feel better about yourself?  I guess I'm not really getting this.

It all depends on what those feelings are.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

and how was that exactly, naked, slimey, devoid of make-up, coiffed hair, manicures, jewelry, tatoos, educations, skills etc? Can you be more specific?

Hu??? :hmmm:I think I will go no farther with this discussion.Maybe it is too sensative of a topic.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

It's actually a very interesting topic. I think many things we do is to compensate the feeling we maybe don't always feel that God's Spirit abides in us. On the other hand, the joy is in the Lord, the problem being do we choose doing things that are of the Lord to feel better? In case we do, no problem, otherwise we might need to correct our thinking what really does make us feel better. Are we consciously ignoring God's view about what we are up to? Or just completely unaware of it.

If what we do is not harmful in any way, ie. unhealthy to a great extent, consuming too much of our time and attention etc. I guess small joys of life that are not excessively spiritual as such are approved by our Maker. Consider it as spices that give extra flavors to life. As long as it does not become the main point, having these things is kind of little joys in life is alright, even needed. As we grow in knowing God we become better in discerning not to 'feel good' about things God sees harmful in some way.

God bless.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Gosh, LadyKay, you sound like this thread really hit home.  Look, you're here among your fellow Christians and you are a daughter of the Most High King.  Let that other stufff go because you KNOW He loves you and thinks you're wonderful.  :mgbowtie:

I was just answering the question. Personally I like myself. I didn't use too but for the most part I do now. A few years ago when I was working at an office store, I was being made fun of by some co-workers for the way I dressed, the color of my hair, ect ect. I told them that  I know deep down inside they all wish they were me. They didn't like that very much. They didn't have the guts to be their own person and not follow the sheep.  But yeah, that was  basically my childhood and that is one of the reason why some people could be unhappy with the way they were made.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Hu??? :hmmm:I think I will go no farther with this discussion.Maybe it is too sensative of a topic.

No you cant stop now.