angels4u

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Did anybody ever buy anything at Costco? My daughter bought a membership card and I went with her to see what the store is all about!

I have to see that a lot of stuff is much cheaper then the stores and over a year you can save lots of money by buying things you need,you do need the know the price you pay in the store before you can call it a good deal,looking at store flyers can save you lots of money too ,use the coupons and you become a smart shopper,just buy the things you need and sometimes what you want:)

How do you usually shop?

These are the freaks I wanted to warn everyone about. Why do I think they are freaks? Because they want you to get a membership to shop at their store. And guess what? They are the ONLY guys doing this. We are used to shopping at Wal Mart and Target, so we are used to having our freedom, and I could tell you I was offended when the lady at the door told me I needed a membership to get into the store, I told her outright I thought she was intolerant.

This seemed more restricting to me than other stores, who give you more freedom to shop, so I interpreted the restrictions as intolerance.

Why would I shop at a store that charges membership and so much money when I can get cheaper at Dollar Tree or I can shop with all my freedoms at my local mall?

Seriously, we have been making fun of this.

What's the big deal? the store is clearly not meant for everyone. Yes it's a marketing technique, but hits a way to keep control on who goes in to their store and who doesn't. Like you've posted, you have the choice to either be a member and purchase, or go somewhere else.

Don't some churches require for you to be a member before you can do anything? What's the difference? When in those churches you're actually donating your own time for it and still they ask you to due some courses first

These are the freaks I wanted to warn everyone about. Why do I think they are freaks? Because they want you to get a membership to shop at their store. And guess what? They are the ONLY guys doing this. We are used to shopping at Wal Mart and Target, so we are used to having our freedom, and I could tell you I was offended when the lady at the door told me I needed a membership to get into the store, I told her outright I thought she was intolerant.

This seemed more restricting to me than other stores, who give you more freedom to shop, so I interpreted the restrictions as intolerance.

Why would I shop at a store that charges membership and so much money when I can get cheaper at Dollar Tree or I can shop with all my freedoms at my local mall?

Any business has the right to decide how the want to operate. If you don't like the membership thing, then go elsewhere, because that's how free enterprise works. There's certainly other stores out there so the decision is yours to make.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Any business has the right to decide how the want to operate. If you don't like the membership thing, then go elsewhere, because that's how free enterprise works. There's certainly other stores out there so the decision is yours to make.

Well at least my parents agree with me; they hate Costco too and are not fans of theirs either so I am not offended by your opposition...

...I wouldn't expect anything less from two conservative republican thinkers who are fans of smaller government.

I have often wondered how smaller government might affect shops and stores if they didn't always have big bad uncle sam looming over them.

Edited by Skillet1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Just like I own and operate this laptop, it's mine and I bought it with my own money so if someone else confiscated it I could accuse them of theft.

If they hacked it I could accuse them of invading my privacy and unlawful break-in.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Angel!

Yes indeed,I have been to Costco and you are so right about knowing your prices,,,,,they have alot of great discounts on bulk items and I have come to find out that on alot of individual items they can be quite overpriced.I am not a smart shopper,although I have gotten better over the years.There was a time when higher prices were of no consequence and because of that I have formed some very bad habits,like not looking at price tags.Being on a fixed income now I must watch my pennies so I am learning....FAST!

Because I am alone it really does not make much sense for me to shop at Costco,the only reason I did was because I was a business owner and before mostly everyone in my family has gone on to be with the Lord,we always had those big Italian dinners at my house!......Now I purchase all my groceries at Save-A-Lot and I pretty much get double for the money!I have to give glory to God because He is my Provider and I really don't know what I would have done without Him during these tough times!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Well at least my parents agree with me; they hate Costco too and are not fans of theirs either so I am not offended by your opposition...

...I wouldn't expect anything less from two conservative republican thinkers who are fans of smaller government.

I have often wondered how smaller government might affect shops and stores if they didn't always have big bad uncle sam looming over them.

Log, meet Splinter. Splinter, meet Log. :laugh:

You know nothing about us and its not your job to judge any more than it is mine. That's God's job and He'll tread that press alone. Your liberal thinking is showing by your vocabulary anyway. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is labeled "intolerant," and labeled as in the bolded sentence. It would seem therefore that your intolerance is showing. 

On the last sentence: My guess would be that many small businesses would do much better without the sledgehammer of so many government regs hanging over their heads and without drowning in so much government paperwork. They might actually have more time to run their businesses that way. Some regulation is needed, but things have gotten out of hand. 

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread . . . :whistling:

Edited by walla299

Actually that's not true. Ever heard of "Sam's Club" or "BJ's Wholesale Club"? If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find others.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Did anybody ever buy anything at Costco? My daughter bought a membership card and I went with her to see what the store is all about!

I have to see that a lot of stuff is much cheaper then the stores and over a year you can save lots of money by buying things you need,you do need the know the price you pay in the store before you can call it a good deal,looking at store flyers can save you lots of money too ,use the coupons and you become a smart shopper,just buy the things you need and sometimes what you want:)

How do you usually shop?

We have a membership to Sam's. We love buying bulk. :thumbsup:

We don't have a Sam ,it sounds like its something like Costco?

Yes it's pretty much the same thing as Costco. It's the Walmart version of Costco (Sam's Club). I love going there around 11am-1pm and 4pm-6pm as they have free samples. :)

Yes,you can almost make a meal out of the samples.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Yes went there today with my son. We had cheese and grapes

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Yes went there today with my son. We had cheese and grapes

Yummy..... :mgcheerful: