angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Did anybody ever buy anything at Costco? My daughter bought a membership card and I went with her to see what the store is all about!

I have to see that a lot of stuff is much cheaper then the stores and over a year you can save lots of money by buying things you need,you do need the know the price you pay in the store before you can call it a good deal,looking at store flyers can save you lots of money too ,use the coupons and you become a smart shopper,just buy the things you need and sometimes what you want:)

How do you usually shop?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I often thought about costco but have never went there to shop, I usually just go to super walmart or Lowes for household things.

I often thought about costco but have never went there to shop, I usually just go to super walmart or Lowes for household things.

I often wondered before trying Costo,the have some really nice healthy products for a good price.

I usually shop where things are on sale or 50% marked down:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I joined Costco when my husband needed some over the counter pills that Costco had under their own brand name for far less then anything available over the counter anywhere else. The savings for the one item was about $30. (Allergy pills).

Since then, we have had a membership. (A couple of years).

If a grocery story has something on special, they usually match or are less then the Costco price, but for everyday prices, Costco is less. Items on sale at Costco usually beat other places.

You have to buy larger quantities at Costco. To take advantage of food, you need to have a freezer, unless you have a large family. Their bakery is good in my opinion.  I've bought everything from pies, danish, meat, paper plates, frozen panko breaded tilapia, milk, peanut butter, tires for our car, fresh fruit, an office chair, bathroom mats/rugs, coffee (k-cups come to less then 50 cents each for a 80 count box), snow shoes, kleenex, tp, paper towels. I have heard one of their biggest sellers is TP.  I buy Costco brand multi-vitamins and read somewhere their price and quality is among the best. We generally can't get out of there for less then $100, and I see most people buying much larger quantities.  We go about once a month.

I have also heard that some people will go thru their samples to taste for lunch. Our Costco has a lunch counter, but that varies from store to store, and the huge hotdog with drink is ridiculously cheap, $1.50. We do not have a gas station at our local Costco, but I think they are going to put one in.  

So, if you work at it, you can definitely beat the Costco prices.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have bought some things at Costco.The problem is that they sell so much.If you want to buy a package of muffins their are a bunch of muffins in a package.It is nice if you have a big family or taking things to a big potluck.You really need to compare prices from store to store.Costco is not always the best price.

I've had a Costco membership for years, and you can save a lot depending on how you shop. Number one suggestion for singles and small families is get a small freezer for some things. Bread comes to mind, and frozen foods you use a lot of like veggies. I normally use it for groceries and that, and only a few household things. You can save much much more than the membership fee if you are a careful shopper.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

We actually use Sam's club, which is pretty much the same thing. We took a look at Costco earlier this year when our membership at Sam's came up, but we decided to stick what what we knew.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I joined Costco when my husband needed some over the counter pills that Costco had under their own brand name for far less then anything available over the counter anywhere else. The savings for the one item was about $30. (Allergy pills).

If a grocery story has something on special, they usually match or are less then the Costco price, but for everyday prices, Costco is less. Items on sale at Costco usually beat other places.

You have to buy larger quantities at Costco. To take advantage of food, you need to have a freezer, unless you have a large family. Their bakery is good in my opinion.  I've bought everything from pies, danish, meat, paper plates, frozen panko breaded tilapia, milk, peanut butter, tires for our car, fresh fruit, an office chair, bathroom mats/rugs, coffee (k-cups come to less then 50 cents each for a 80 count box), snow shoes, kleenex, tp, paper towels. I have heard one of their biggest sellers is TP.  I buy Costco brand multi-vitamins and read somewhere their price and quality is among the best. We generally can't get out of there for less then $100, and I see most people buying much larger quantities.  We go about once a month.

I have also heard that some people will go thru their samples to taste for lunch. Our Costco has a lunch counter, but that varies from store to store, and the huge hotdog with drink is ridiculously cheap, $1.50. We do not have a gas station at our local Costco, but I think they are going to put one in.  

Their bakery is good in my opinion. I've bought everything from pies, danish, meat, paper plates, frozen panko breaded tilapia, milk, peanut butter, tires for our car,

They bake car tires! How do they taste?  :rofl:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Did anybody ever buy anything at Costco? My daughter bought a membership card and I went with her to see what the store is all about!

I have to see that a lot of stuff is much cheaper then the stores and over a year you can save lots of money by buying things you need,you do need the know the price you pay in the store before you can call it a good deal,looking at store flyers can save you lots of money too ,use the coupons and you become a smart shopper,just buy the things you need and sometimes what you want:)

How do you usually shop?

We have a membership to Sam's. We love buying bulk. :thumbsup:

I'm a fan now of Costco,We went twice--you have to becareful not to spend too much money  lol,did you try the raw almonds,alomond butter,coconut oil,chocolate chips 1.6 kg for &7.99 and they are good! (51% chocolate.  I did want to try Liberty   greek yogert but couldn't ,it was to hot to get it and we live to far away to travel with that kind of stuff,when it's cooler I will try  the greek yogert fruit and veggies ,dairy product and meat.

I know you can get a meal from all the samples they somtimes serve.....I heard they serve those mostly in the weekends. I bought a big bottle garlic pills :) ......marrocan shampoo with argen oil :) I'm very impressed with the store.What did you mean to say by TP,did I miss something?

I'm going to make a list for the next time we go shopping :)