• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Now about the A/C

1 John 2:18 - Dear children, this is the last hour, and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come...

I don't think it is a fable, for it is real.

In Christ

Montana Marv

The newer versions of the Bible have added "the" in from of antichrist in that verse.

The King James says,

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."  (1st John 2:18)

No mention of "the Antichrist".

Perhaps you should check the Greek.  In the Greek, there is the following: paidia (little-boys-and-girls) eschatE (LAST) hOra (hour) estin (it-IS) kai (and) kathOs (according-AS) Ekousate (YE-HEAR) hoti (that) ho (THE) antichristos (INSTEAD ANOINTED (antichrist)) erchetai (IS-COMING) ...

You are correct thought, many versions do leave out the word "the".  I wonder if they realized what a mess that would be to leave out one word?

I think you meant to say that many versions of the Bible have  "added" the word the in front of antichrist, which is certainly the case.

But in the King James you won't find the term "the antichrist" in 1st and  2nd John.

No, I said what I meant.  Let me ask you this, which came first, the Greek transcripts or the bible as we have it?  I quoted the Greek for the purpose to show you that the word was there before the translators translated scripture into other languages, thus eliminating the word from the bible, not adding the word to the bible, as you proclaim.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The scripture CLEARLY says in Genesis 6 that a male and female of all flesh went aboard the ark, meaning a male and female of each race or classification of mankind. 

"But with thee (with your people) will I establish my covenant," God said to Noah in verse 18.

How about we look at the rest of verse 18?

But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

It's very clear that the only people going into the ark is Noah, his sons, and their wives, and that God is making the covenant with them.  

I'm not going to argue with you except to say that, it would have been physically IMPOSSIBLE for Noah and his sons to repopulate the world with all different nationalities of mankind. It just didn't happen that way.  There had to be a male and female of the four major classifications of mankind on the ark. 

Really?  The whole world was populated by two to begin with.

Not so.

Read Acts 17:26

"For God hath made of one blood (of human blood) all nations (all nationalities) of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation."

Actually, that verse proves my point.  God made all nations from one blood.  You said that was impossible.  Do you view God as weak?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Now about the A/C

1 John 2:18 - Dear children, this is the last hour, and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come...

In Christ

Montana Marv

The newer versions of the Bible have added "the" in from of antichrist in that verse.

The King James says,

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."  (1st John 2:18)

Perhaps you should check the Greek.  In the Greek, there is the following: paidia (little-boys-and-girls) eschatE (LAST) hOra (hour) estin (it-IS) kai (and) kathOs (according-AS) Ekousate (YE-HEAR) hoti (that) ho (THE) antichristos (INSTEAD ANOINTED (antichrist)) erchetai (IS-COMING) ...

You are correct thought, many versions do leave out the word "the".  I wonder if they realized what a mess that would be to leave out one word?

I think you meant to say that many versions of the Bible have  "added" the word the in front of antichrist, which is certainly the case.

But in the King James you won't find the term "the antichrist" in 1st and  2nd John.

No, I said what I meant.  Let me ask you this, which came first, the Greek transcripts or the bible as we have it?  I quoted the Greek for the purpose to show you that the word was there before the translators translated scripture into other languages, thus eliminating the word from the bible, not adding the word to the bible, as you proclaim.

I don't accept any other version of the scriptures except the King James.  I don't even accept the New King James version, because  ALL of the newer translations have taken away from, and/or added to the King James in an attempt to make the newer versions say things which a depraved generation would have it say..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Now about the A/C

In Christ

Montana Marv

The King James says,

I don't accept any other version of the scriptures except the King James.  I don't even accept the New King James version, because  ALL of the newer translations have taken away from, and/or added to the King James in an attempt to make the newer versions say things which a depraved generation would have it say..

When compared with the Greek manuscripts, the King James Version IS a "new" translation. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Cains descendants were wiped out in the flood.  Noah came out of Seths line.

Daniel has no hint of a description of European Americans.

In Christ

Montana Marv

That's your opinion.  The scriptures say otherwise.

(Genesis 6:19)

(God speaking to Noah)  "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

Representatives of every living flesh did come on the ark. There were certainly more than 2 humans aboard from Noahs family. Cains descendents were not there. They were wiped out with the rest of humanity.

The scripture CLEARLY says in Genesis 6 that a male and female of all flesh went aboard the ark, meaning a male and female of each race or classification of mankind. 

"But with thee (with your people) will I establish my covenant," God said to Noah in verse 18.

You are claiming more than what scripture states. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Now about the A/C

In Christ

Montana Marv

The King James says,

You do realize that what I posted is what was used to translate the KJV with?   It is called the Textus Receptue, or received text.  May I suggest that you do a little more homework before disclaiming the Greek I presented.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

See the previous posts for the whole Anti-Christ argument.

God bless,

GE

?????

Sorry for clarification I thought others have posted sufficient information refuting the OP's thoughts or ideas.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

continuing with the topic.........

The following are things which Daniel foretold about the man of lawlessness upon America.  He describes them as that of,

"a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences (foul language)."  (8:23)

"his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power."  (8:24)

"he shall prosper and practice, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people (the christian people)."  (8:24)

"he shall craft policies that prosper him."  (8:25)

Is called "the people of the prince"  (9:26)

"shall destroy the city (Babylon the Great) and the sanctuary".  (9:26)

"shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (shall indirectly cause the worship and daily school prayer to cease.)"  (9:27)

You keep using verses from Daniel 9 and 11 to say that it is talking about America, all the while ignoring the parts of the same verses you don't want to see.

Daniel 9:26-27

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 11: 30-31

For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

There is only one possible nation this is speaking of and that is Israel. We don't offer daily sacrifices, but Jews who have not received Christ as Lord would if they had a temple, and the only place that they would or could do it, would be in a temple in Israel. Because that was God's instruction to them.

As for the whole Cain's decedents surviving the flood. Please explain how the verses below don't eliminate them from surviving the flood.

Genesis 7: 7, 23

And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

These verses say only Noah, his wife, his sons, and his sons wives went into the ark, everyone else on earth, both man and beast were destroyed. So how could Cain's decedents have possibly survived? The passage says bluntly only the people with Noah in the ark remained alive. No one else! Show me in the word, someone else in the ark with Noah, his wife, his sons, and his sons wives. Because these verses state no one else lived through it, everyone and everything else was destroyed.

P.s. All verses are from a King James version bible.

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Eight in all.  No Cain, and no decedents of Cain.  This is not the first time that Serpent Seed doctrine has been floated on this board.  But the fact that Cain's line ends at the Flood also ends the validity of this doctrine, one that is 100% racially-motivated.

I thought so, but she wouldn't answer me when I asked and it looks like she isn't coming back.  You only live about 100 miles from me.  You should take me out for steak.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

As of yet no one has offered me a scripture which proves that Cain's line of people were wiped out in the flood.  And no one has offered a scripture which proves there is a coming "Antichrist".

On the other hand, it probably is, as you say, a waste of my time to present the truth behind the prophetic scriptures, for I've discovered over the years, and Paul confirmed it in 2nd Thessalonians 2 that, this end-time generation "will not receive the love of the truth".

Ah yes, the old caveat that if they don't accept my word, they don't love God, and they don't know the truth.  

Let's look again:

Genesis 6:17-22  17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.  18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark--you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you.  19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you.  20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive.  21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."  22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

The only humans that entered the Ark were Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives.  Eight people in all.  Genesis 7 repeats this fact.  But we have a clear statement as to the exact number of humans on the Ark from the Apostle Peter, which I already gave you:

1 Peter 3:18-20  18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,  19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison  20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

Eight in all.  No Cain, and no decedents of Cain.  This is not the first time that Serpent Seed doctrine has been floated on this board.  But the fact that Cain's line ends at the Flood also ends the validity of this doctrine, one that is 100% racially-motivated.

Adam & Eve populated the entire Earth, resulting in the population at the time of the Flood.  Two people started it.  You have eight people on the Ark.  Four times more people to populate the Earth than what God used the first time.  Impossible?  I don't think so.  And God Himself tells us in Genesis 10 where Shem, Ham and Japeth settled.  In chapter 11, after The Tower of Babel, He tells us where the races resulting settled and what areas.  And considering what the underlined portion of your post #22 said, I would view your flawed doctrine to be racially-motivated, which all Serpent Seed doctrine is.

>>>I would view your flawed doctrine to be racially-motivated, which all Serpent Seed doctrine is.<<<

Frankly I don't care how you view my doctrine.  I only care how GOD views it.

As I previously stated...It is physically impossible for a couple of the same race to produce a child not of their race.  So then, it is clearly your doctrine that is flawed.

Acts 17:26 says that, out of one human blood GOD MADE each of the races of mankind. And Genesis chapter 3 says that the race called "the serpent" was more cunning than the other races which God had made.

But, if you wanna keep on believing that the Bible is a book of myths, ie with talking snakes, etc, then have at it. 

As for me, I will interpret the scriptures with the logical brain which God gave me.