malware ..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I downloaded malwarebytes on my computer and it scanned the pc, I'm very suprised bitdefender total security 2013

didn't notice this malware the malewarebytes detected. I found software crossrider in the registry ,I removed the software,will it be gone from the registry? How do you think it got on the pc?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

I had all kinds of malware and really bad stuff on my computer when it was cleaned recently.The computer experts on this site probably have an idea. :mgcheerful:

I had all kinds of malware and really bad stuff on my computer when it was cleaned recently.The computer experts on this site probably have an idea. :mgcheerful:

We're  so lucky to have those experts on our WB :)

There is so much to know about computers......

Yes,I have gotten some really helpful advise from these guys. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

There is no reason to be surprised that Bit Defender did not find it. There is no program guaranteed to find everything. If you ever see one that says it will stay away from it.

Malware comes in so many forms that multiple tools are needed to combat the things that invade computers.

You said you removed the software. Was the deletion done by Malwarebytes or was it program uninstalled using Add Remove?

If from Add Remove, it's possible that there are leftover entries left in the registry. If it was found by Malwarebytes and deleted it is most likely gone.

As for how it got on your computer, no way to really know. It could have been installed as an add on when installing a program you want. I did find a reference that it could also have gotten on it if you installed a browswer extension that was developed using the crossrider framework.

There is no reason to be surprised that Bit Defender did not find it. There is no program guaranteed to find everything. If you ever see one that says it will stay away from it.

Malware comes in so many forms that multiple tools are needed to combat the things that invade computers.

You said you removed the software. Was the deletion done by Malwarebytes or was it program uninstalled using Add Remove?

If from Add Remove, it's possible that there are leftover entries left in the registry. If it was found by Malwarebytes and deleted it is most likely gone.

As for how it got on your computer, no way to really know. It could have been installed as an add on when installing a program you want. I did find a reference that it could also have gotten on it if you installed a browswer extension that was developed using the crossrider framework.

Yes,their were several things that I thought I deleted a long time ago and they were still there when Avast recently cleaned out my computer.

Malwarebytes deleted the software , hmm the  malware software  program did not even exist on the ad and remove program,I checked what was in there........

Now I wonder can I run  Bitdefender and malwarebytes  together on the pc ? The malwarebytes is only a trial,but if its better then the bitdefender I wonder if I should change antivus programs.

I wonder if Google installed it? What would be the safest brouwser to use?

Yes,I have gotten some really helpful advise from these guys. :mgcheerful:

Agree :) I'm very thankful!!!!!!

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

when running a windows system, I often use 2-3 different anti-virus programs, for the above reason-one simply cant cover them all.

As far as where it came from, I doubt it was google, its just a search engine-malware comes from all kinds of stuff, from those "free" screen savers online, to many websites you log onto, pirated software, etc.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus. It's strictly a malware scanner and a very good one.

It should work very well with Bit Defender or whatever antivirus you use.

If you are using the trial version of the paid Malwarebytes it should revert back to the free version if you do not purchase it after the trial ends.