IGNORED

What to do about a conflict with a neighbor?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn’t worry about getting an apology even though you feel one is needed and deserved.  Best to just let the insult roll of your shoulder and don’t let the incident make you upset and angry because as long as you remain upset in any way, you will remain a victim. Decide you are not going to let his behavior upset you and go on about your business. Forgiving your neighbor’s doesn’t mean you have to be chummy with your neighbor’s but it will free you from the pain.  

Forcing the a/c unit on you, is a way to insert themselves into your personal space and lives.   You and your husband might try having a short chat with them and humbly without accusing them of wrongdoing, speak to them about how you feel and then set some boundaries, otherwise they will continue to invade your space.  If they are truly caring folks, they will give it some thought.  Being a Christian doesn’t mean they have the right to force themselves on you or control your lives. They will either give it some thought, or continue stepping on your toes.  

If they continue when you have asked them to leave you alone, you are not obligated to oblige them in any way.  Best to pray for them and let the Lord handle it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

He professes God? Ye shall know them by their fruits (Word). Is your neighbor producing such fruits as Christ would? NO

Do unto others as we would do unto Christ (Word)

As we live, move and breath; we do so unto God (Word)

Pray for those that despitefully use you (Word). I will be praying for you and your wife. Don't lose site of Jesus because of this neighbor. Don't crawl in his dark hole with him, lift him up in prayer to the all knowing, all seeing, all hearing GOD.

Speak the WORD to him if he approaches you again. The truth will make you free (Word).

God Bless You

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

While we had spoken with them briefly a few times, they were not perhaps as friendly and outgoing as we had hoped, but we decided we still wanted to get to know them better. We approached them a few weeks after moving in with some fresh goat milk as a gift. To our surprise they invited us in. We ended up staying most of the day, listening to the husband, Logan, preach the Bible to us. We had a lovely time, and were excited and grateful. We continued to be friendly with them, but were not invited over again

Alarm bells.

Sorry.  Manipulative personality.  So much I could say.  Reading the other posters, I just want to say...'yes folks'...but you don't know what you are dealing with.  This person does not

understand others...they are all about their own importance.

I'm being polite.

Avoid him.  So much I could say and I understand other posters trying to patch it up for you.  Avoid the heartbreak...you will never ever be more than just another person for your 

neighbor to dominate and control.

I probably do not sound 'Christian' to some.  Guess I'll have to live with it.  You will be back here wondering what went wrong and how it all went south if you try and be a nice

person and you are normal.

Sorry he is your neighbor.

We cannot be at peace with everyone...we can be at peace only as much as is possible.  God knows your heart.  You are not guilty and you have done nothing wrong.

It is not you.  It is him.

I should add, be polite if you meet him...but ask yourself if you really want that experience all over again and if the answer is no, then excuse yourself from further interaction.

And yes, of course pray.....this has affected you, so yes, pray.  You state you are a new Christian...therefore very vulnerable.  There are Christians who will help build you

up and instruct you in your Christian walk.  This person is not one of them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Im going to add another look at this. Ive had a friend like this-who really, seriously, wanted to help, but lacked social skills, and ended up forcing things on others Sometimes its because they want to make themselves look good, sometimes its because they just don't know how to interract with others. As far as the perfume, its possible theyre not lying. I know you didnt do it-but air conditions, pull in air from the outside-its entirely possible a day before it was returned or something like that someone walked by with heavy perfume or something similar happened, and it got sucked into the air conditioner, and didnt blow out of it until they hooked it up. Its possible, that it sucked in perfume immediatly after they hooked it up as well, leaving the perception that you had done it.

My advice, forget about this incident, but keep further interactions with this family as professional as you can-you know, visit with them about their day while checking the mail and what not, but if you need something dont ask/tell them about it, and if they try to lend you something, say no. Don't try to be mean about it, but be as firm as is necessary, and if he presses you on it, remind him of this incident and say you don't want a repeat. If he gets offended, he gets offended.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/25/1981

pray about it

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think this issue is about air conditioners, scents, perfumes, etc.  This is about some kind of control and drama.  This man appears to be socially dysfunctional...and I would simply leave them alone - be polite, but keep on walking.  It sounds like he enjoys being manipulative.  

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My goodness! What a flood of helpful advice! Thank you so much to each of you. I had felt so sad and alone wih this, and now I only feel closer to the Lord. It can be confusing and alienationg when you are new in your journey and don't feel established enough to reach out at church. I can't wait to spend more time here. Bless you.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

next time they offer (nearly forced goods) lay down some boundries, and explain as a Christian you do not want to be indebted to anyone as this is what the bible teaches, if they want to give you the airconditioner fine, but its never been a good idea borrowing anything, unless you have a prophet living nearby that can supernaturally fix what you break or lose