GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

You seem to equate 'natural' with 'not sinful'.  I do not.  The Bible makes it clear that part of the battle is against our own flesh.  What in the Bible causes you to believe that women are not prone to lust? What leads you to believe that men and women should be held to different standards of behaviour toward one another in the prevention of sin?  You speak as though all you are doing is submitting to the final authority of scripture, but you don't point to any scripture.

Respectfully, you are picking and choosing what you want to respond to and ignoring the majority of what I post...especially my first response.  You have consistently avoided my

questions to you and the points I have made by redirecting each post by ignoring my response to your previous post.  I have politely pointed that out to you at least three times

and here I am doing so again.  

Here is what I mean:

You speak as though all you are doing is submitting to the final authority of scripture, but you don't point to any scripture.

That is pretty interesting since you have made your points based on modern research which is exactly what I responded to  As follows:  Here is your first post:

All this talk about men lusting after women completely ignores the fact that women also lust after men.  Women are sexual beings as well, and experience both lust and sexual pleasure even more-so than men!  If women must hide away their bodies then men should also hide away their bodies.  Men should cover their skin in the sun, so as to avoid getting an attractive tan.  A man should never take his shirt off when there could be a woman around, even if they are doing hard labour on a hot day.  Perhaps especially if they are doing hard labour on a hot day!  I think people can agree universally that plumbers butt should never ever happen!  But what about t-shirts that allow a woman to see the form of the chest muscles of a man?  Many women are attracted to a muscular form.  Men should not wear short sleeves so that their muscles remain hidden from wandering eyes.  Tight jeans are an absolute no for any man.  The form of his bottom should never be easily seen, nor the width of his hips.  Deep voices also trigger sexual desire in many woman.  A deep voice signifies higher levels of testosterone in a potential mate.  So men with deep voices should not speak within the hearing range of a woman, lest he lead her to lust.  If you are a man and you are drawing the eyes of women because of your attractiveness then you are causing them to sin and you should cover yourself.

Not many men are encouraged to do this, or to think this way of themselves.  I wonder why.    :39:  

It seems like most problems would be solved if both genders wore the burqa and didn't talk to each other!

Either that or perhaps both genders should accept a little more personal responsibility for their own objectification of the opposite sex?  Which do you think is more balanced?  Or do men want to start fainting on construction sites for the sake of their modesty?

That is what I have been responding to, and now you throw in the scripture card.  I'm not playing that game.

No hard feelings, but that is how it is.  Thanks

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

All this talk about men lusting after women completely ignores the fact that women also lust after men.

Perhaps to a degree. But women are more turned on by touch - physical and emotional - than sight.

Typically this is true. But not always.

I've read studies that say typically women are super talkative needing what 50,000 words a day while men only really need say 20,000 words a day. I think in my marriage the opposite is true sometimes.

Typically in conflict a man will withdraw and a woman will try to engage to resolve the issue. In my marriage I typically respond by trying to engage and my wife typically withdraws in conflict.

So perhaps the whole concept of men are the ones that primarily deal with lust could be off in some cases. :noidea:

God bless,

GE

Yes, that's why I said, "Perhaps to a degree." ;)

But your explanation is worth noting, nonetheless.

Missed that. Sorry my bad. :)

I think regarding Modesty Nebula has a great example...

There was a song that came out back in the 70's: "And they'll know we are Christians by our love."

I've often marveled, though, at how this principle never seemed to manifest itself in the Body of Christ.

Rather, it has seemed:  "And they'll know we are Christians by our obsession with sin."

It's like a problem I have. For some reason, I got into the habit of pinching the zits on my face. It turned into an addiction where I feel better from squeezing oil out of my face. So I look for zits and blackheads and any potential pocket of oil to squeeze out. So what that it damages my face, I'm getting the nasty oil out!

This seems to be what we are like as the body of Christ. We don't see the beauty of the face, we see the nasty zits and we look close up for the nasty oil because it feels so good to eliminate it. And then we believe that eliminating the oil is love, even though it leaves behind wounds and swollen tissue, rather than believing love is covering over the zit or treat it in a way that brings healing in its own time and way.

Why do we feel like elminating the oil is love and forget the wounds and swollen tissue? Why don't we give people more love and grace? :help:

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

We all have weaknesses and struggle with stuff. It's not cool to shift the blame onto others, even if we are sure if they would only dress in that sack things would be so much easier...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

you guys are beginning to make me understand why Islamic societies put women in burkas

LOL!!Might not be a bad idea.I like the way the Amish women dress.

We all have weaknesses and struggle with stuff. It's not cool to shift the blame onto others, even if we are sure if they would only dress in that sack things would be so much easier...

Lol. Yes I guess there is that tendency brother. <sigh>

But regarding modesty I think TR had a very good perspective as to the deviant behavior of people. Why do we blame the victims when they're going about everyday normal activities... ?

I don't think that altering our lives to avoid what societies worst deviants do is reasonable or leads to a very good quality of life.  The shoe camera, for example, might make someone paranoid about ever wearing dresses or skirts in public.  Then there's the hidden camera's in public toilets, are women to never use a public rest room to avoid these?  If someone is lustful enough to go around with a hidden camera, looking for opportunities to catch unsuspecting women in compromising situations, then it is not the woman who is causing temptation - but rather it is the man who brings temptation with him and is looking for sexual invitations where none has been offered.  The same is true of any man who molests or rapes a woman.  They have not been invited in any way, not by action, by words, or by the clothing of the woman.  They are predators.  Pepper-spray to the eyes!

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

But regarding modesty I think TR had a very good perspective as to the deviant behavior of people. Why do we blame the victims when they're going about everyday normal activities... ?

I don't think that altering our lives to avoid what societies worst deviants do is reasonable or leads to a very good quality of life.  The shoe camera, for example, might make someone paranoid about ever wearing dresses or skirts in public.  Then there's the hidden camera's in public toilets, are women to never use a public rest room to avoid these?  If someone is lustful enough to go around with a hidden camera, looking for opportunities to catch unsuspecting women in compromising situations, then it is not the woman who is causing temptation - but rather it is the man who brings temptation with him and is looking for sexual invitations where none has been offered.  The same is true of any man who molests or rapes a woman.  They have not been invited in any way, not by action, by words, or by the clothing of the woman.  They are predators.  Pepper-spray to the eyes!

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

You as well as TR completely missed the point of my post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Oh good grief.  

???

So if I started posting photos here of skimpy clad males and females here in your view that would be okay?

After all it's up to the individual not to lust... yadda yadda yadda

I mean there comes a time and a place when we have to disconnect from the flesh and start reasoning in the spirit here if we seek truth for the right reasons.

If we just want membership in a country club that talks Christianese or to have eternal fire insurance... that's one thing.

But to actually seek truth come what may... that's another thing entirely.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

oh good grief