• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1970

Im having a really rough time right now...trying to keep my head up and keep the faith. But, I need help with this...

My husband and I had a great relationship, but recently, he has told me he is no longer in love with me and wants us to split up. Couselling is out of the question because he tried that with his first wife, and it didnt work. I have to say it didnt help me either when I was suicidal. Of course, I want to save our marriage, and tried everything I could...but he wont change his mind. :broken_heart: 

On top of that, I really messed up in work, and I may lose my job over it. If I lose my job, not only will it make my marriage worse, but I will have no income at all. I could move back in with my dad, but hes having a hard time making ends meet as it is, I dont want to be a burden, and I know he would be heartbroken for me which would make him angrier at God ( hes already mad at God because of why I was suicidal ). :( 

Ive been praying to God to help me, but Im terrified now because my future doesnt look good at all. Im hardly eating, feeling sick, and bursting into tears. Im just feeling the lowest I have ever felt right now...totally hopeless... 

Can anyone offer me any advice/reassurance, or tell me how they prayed, and if their prayers were answered?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/15/1990

Hello Rose........ Don't be discouraged...... God loves you as He loved Jesus..... The only thing that I could say is pour out your heart before God.... Coz He is always near to those who are broken hearted and have a contrite spirit..... Pray in faith, sure He won't let you down.... He's our Father in Heaven... He cares for us so much than anyone on this earth. Jesus knows all your worries, so take it to Him in prayer.. My words may fail to comfort you, but certainly not God's word... Here are few verses from the Bible for your encouragement..... Hold on to God...

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:8

God is our refuge and strength, a very

present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me. Psalm 86:7

Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. John 14:1

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled,

neither let them be afraid. John 14:27

Praying~!

~

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

God's Love Is Amazing!!! It Is Life To us!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

May the Lord undertake mightily for you. +

Sister, in our confraternity, we have the Sacrament of Confession. I have seen people in the most horrible emotion, mental and spiritual turmoil, have their lives turned around instantaneously simply by doing a private Confession with a good Priest. You may want to try it. Afterall, the Priest is a representative of the Church, and it is through the Church the power of God is usually poured out today.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

Just keep your husband in prayer as well as struggle.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Im having a really rough time right now...trying to keep my head up and keep the faith. But, I need help with this...

My husband and I had a great relationship, but recently, he has told me he is no longer in love with me and wants us to split up. Couselling is out of the question because he tried that with his first wife, and it didnt work. I have to say it didnt help me either when I was suicidal. Of course, I want to save our marriage, and tried everything I could...but he wont change his mind. :broken_heart: 

On top of that, I really messed up in work, and I may lose my job over it. If I lose my job, not only will it make my marriage worse, but I will have no income at all. I could move back in with my dad, but hes having a hard time making ends meet as it is, I dont want to be a burden, and I know he would be heartbroken for me which would make him angrier at God ( hes already mad at God because of why I was suicidal ). :( 

Ive been praying to God to help me, but Im terrified now because my future doesnt look good at all. Im hardly eating, feeling sick, and bursting into tears. Im just feeling the lowest I have ever felt right now...totally hopeless... 

Can anyone offer me any advice/reassurance, or tell me how they prayed, and if their prayers were answered?

I recently went through this very painful thing you describe.  I kept my faith that God would fix it.  I did everything I knew how to do to keep my marriage from dying.  I prayed day and night prostrated myself to the floor weeping and wailing before our God, pouring myself out to him.  I came to the prayer section of this very forum and requested intercessory prayer for my marriage.

The marriage died but I did not die with it.

The truth is that I am powerless over her.  Nothing I could do could change who she was.  You see, she looked at me one day and said "There is nothing left.  I do not love you anymore.".  And I could not make her love me anymore than God could make me love Him.  It wasn't about who I was.  It wasn't that I wasn't good enough or lovable.  It was that she was not capable of loving me.

The truth of the matter is that when we were early in our romance she declared her love for me and I was led to ask a question.  What does that mean to you?  She could not honestly answer.  She only new that she 'felt' a certain way about me that she called 'love'.  Something told me to run that day but I could not.  The idea that someone 'loved' me was so attractive to me that I became bound by that approval.

10 years later, I understand why that love failed.  It was a love rooted in self and not God.  It was a love based in taking instead of giving.  It was merely an appreciation of the fulfillment she perceived that I provided in her life.  But when I failed to be able to fulfill her ideal she turned and saw me as a liability rather than an asset.  

To this day she still harbors the resentment of my failure to live up to her standard and punishes me for it by not allowing me to see our children.  Her hatred of me today is greater than any love she ever had or showed to me.  

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I stand before you a whole person today.  Though these truths carry a burden of hurt, God promised me through others verbally that though it would not work out as I had hoped, he would get me through it.  And he has.  And he still does.  Ever reminding me that this life is not the life but merely a place where I can learn to love him as I should in truth.  

He said "pray for her" - At first I thought this meant that I was to pray for her to be healed so that I could be reunited with her in Christ and live happily ever after.  Later I would learn that he meant that she needed honest intercessory prayer due to her spiritual condition regardless of the fact that our marriage had died.  Love your enemies.  I found that praying for her after this manner caused me to grow in my love for her regardless of her spiritual condition.  I found that I wanted her to genuinely come to know Christ and walk with Him even though we would not be reconciled to one another in this life.

I have become free in this matter.  Today i simply trust in God and wait to see if he will make a way for me to be a father to my children.  He has given no guarantee of any such thing.  Strength has been my only guarantee in this life.  I can live with that.

Thy will not mine be done.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Prayed.... love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Paul says it is thru many hardships and trials that we must enter the kingdom of God. When going thru hurtful situations only Jesus can revive us to life again. God has a plan and purpose for you. His plan is bigger then this pain your going thru. God is faithful. He brings life into death. Stand with confidence. Trust in Him.

Psalm 130:5

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my Hope.

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord, with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

Proverbs 28:26

He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.

In a church community, we band together, who is watching your backside? concern for you? your spiritual growth, who is praying for you? if you have a church that is awesome cause this is not meant to be a solo trip, most christians are defeated cause they do it alone. A christian walk is meant to be with others, come here to this site as much as you like, we are a church community here, if you need me to pray for you I will and so will others. God bless you sister.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

This is going to sound totally ridiculous, but when I am at my lowest, a small still voice tells me to start praising God. Of course this is after I have done all the above. I prayed day and night. I cried, shook my fist, told God it is not fair, grieved, and then came the still small voice. A strange peace came as I started praising Him. I started praising Him because I realized that God does have it all under conrol. He will cause all things to work for my good. He said in Hebrews that if I keep myself from covetousness He will never leave me or forsake me or leave me without support. No not ever!! The greek is very emphatic. Heb. 13:5-6. He replaced my panic with peace.

Then there are a couple of passages that God has used to speak to me. Isaiah 61:1-3 Jesus quoted this when He started His ministry, but God spoke it to my own heart. "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because the Lord has appointed Me. to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison doors to those who are bound. To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, to console all those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.

Isaiah 43:1b-3a But now, thus says the Lord who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel. Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I wil be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." While these scriptures are written to the nation of Israel, the same principles can apply to us. Jesus is our Savior and we are also His people. NKJV