IGNORED

For those that believe in the Big Bang, what was there before?

MarkNigro

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The Big Bang is not really a compete answer. How about some details?

Was there absolutely nothing before?

If not what was there before?

Did inflation occur after the Big Bang or not?

What caused inflation to start and stop?

If it was a particle, what was the particle and has it been found?

Mark.....  personal opinion only in this.

I would agree that the big bang leaves a lot more questions than answers...   however it is possible.

I don't think we can know if there was anything before, because we can't even be sure that all we presently see is the only thing there is.  We presume so in most sciences, but we don't seem to be able to understand exactly how it all comes together.   We have these constants we have to throw in just to make our math and physics work so we can't really know what is all there.  We have hints of other dimensions and energy that spills over into our dimension.

As much as we do know, the answers to your questions are simply not available to our limited view.

and that's "a" gospel according to Sam...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

The Big Bang is not really a compete answer. How about some details?

Was there absolutely nothing before?

If not what was there before?

Did inflation occur after the Big Bang or not?

What caused inflation to start and stop?

If it was a particle, what was the particle and has it been found?

I would agree that the big bang leaves a lot more questions than answers...   however it is possible.

I don't think we can know if there was anything before, because we can't even be sure that all we presently see is the only thing there is.  We presume so in most sciences, but we don't seem to be able to understand exactly how it all comes together.   We have these constants we have to throw in just to make our math and physics work so we can't really know what is all there.  We have hints of other dimensions and energy that spills over into our dimension.

As much as we do know, the answers to your questions are simply not available to our limited view.

I understand what you are saying.

There are 2 choices. 

Nothing just exploded. Odd.

Something was there before, then the origin is not even answered at all and just pushed back.

I still think that God was fooling around with a bunch of energy one day and Bang........    and he thought   that's cool and the rest is history..

and silly as that seems, it's as possible as any other idea.

According to Hawkins' latest proposal, time and space itself came into existence at the moment of the big bang.  Therefore, there was no "before the big bang".

So did all the laws of nature I guess too.

Does it not violate cause and effect?

Does it not violate some conservation laws?

Then it is not science at all.

It is just a miraculous act. 

According to Hawkins' latest proposal, time and space itself came into existence at the moment of the big bang.  Therefore, there was no "before the big bang".

if he was so smart he'd be able to walk

according to my studies where God resides there is still no space and time.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

actually I would argue that is also the Biblical point of view .   "before" the big bang is a phrase that we limited humans would use to describe it, but in reality there was no "before".  Who knew that Hawkins was a theist after all!  :mgcheerful:

Why are you asking questions about science in an online Christian forum?

Because Jesus Created The Stuff Of Science

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

You See

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

And We Love Him So

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

See?

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

Again, read the material I provided.  Or answer the question: Why are you asking for information if you're going to ignore it when it's provided?

Sigh

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

We Know The Feeling

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:13-14

Again, read the material I provided.  Or answer the question: Why are you asking for information if you're going to ignore it when it's provided?

Sigh

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

We Know The Feeling

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:13-14

In the end this is another big con job by atheistic origin science.

Go into science class tell them you make something from nothing, they laugh at you.

But a Big Bang (universe) from nothing, no problem. Or maybe something else was there (no answer). 

But they do not press this conundrum. Just start at the Big Bang.