• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Blessings Worthy Family

Thank you for posting that beautiful poem,I have never heard it.....or at least I don't remember,but I think it would not be forgotten if I had....

This has been a very encouraging thread,to say the least...................praise and glory to the Father ,the Son and the Holy Spirit!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

It's an old hymn of those who have gone before us sister. :thumbsup:

I do enjoy newer music. But sometimes going back a hundred years or more does well to the soul. :)

It Is Well With My Soul - 1873

by: Horatio Spafford

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;

Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,

It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain

It is well, with my soul,

It is well, with my soul,

It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,

Let this blest assurance control,

That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,

And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

Refrain

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!

My sin, not in part but the whole,

Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

Refrain

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:

If Jordan above me shall roll,

No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life

Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

Refrain

But, Lord, ‘tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,

The sky, not the grave, is our goal;

Oh trump of the angel! Oh voice of the Lord!

Blessèd hope, blessèd rest of my soul!

Refrain

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,

The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;

The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,

Even so, it is well with my soul.

Refrain

Note: In 1873, Horatio Spafford wrote the words to the hymn "It is Well with My Soul" after the tragic death of his four daughters. (He wrote it on the ocean while sailing near the

spot where his daughters died.)Very moving.

Hear it here:

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

God Bless you Golden Eagle,

We serve an awesome,amazing God.....that rushes to the side of the brokenhearted......praise Jesus,He sent our Comforter to be with us that we are never alone!

With love in Christ-Kwik

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Amen!!! :) Even through the Storms in life, You always got to STAY STRONG and TRUST IN THE LORD that HE GOT WHATEVER THE SITUATION THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH under CONTROL!!!! :) And Yes!!! Even through the Storms in Life, God is STILL GOOD!!!! :) As He is ALWAYS WITH YOU, in the UP AND DOWNS OF LIFE!!!!

God bless you all!! :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think this may have been posted for me to see. This is really what I needed to be reminded of. Funny that it should come to me at such a time as now when the winds are blowing outside my door.  Thank you.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Sometimes it seems circumstances are piling up far more than we have strength to bear the weight of them.
I'm in a situation now that looks very dire. And just before the holiday. Owing so much money, with so little coming in. Having so much with so little to bargain with.

I know God knows all this, I know if it's possible the spirit of my family who have passed on know this too. Part of what they left behind is what I'm trying to deal with. Juggling so many balls in the air hoping to keep us afloat so that we're not homeless in the winter.

Dear God, it's me ... Little big help?   :emot-fail::73_73:

Edited by Pink Dove

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Wow Pink Dove!!! I am so sorry of what you are going through right now, but the best advice I have for you is that you give your situation in God Hands, and that you continue to pray about it and trust and rely in the Lord that he got this situation under control!!! :) Stay Strong through this time Pink Dove and Don't Give Up on the Lord as he is GOOD, and even through the tough times in life, HE IS ALWAYS THERE WITH US!!! :) 

God bless you!!!

Edited by Mike

• 1 year later...
Guest Fish Catcher Jim

Hope this encourages some of us that are going through the storms of life. Remember God is good. Even in the storms of life God is good. :)

God bless,

GE    

Trusting God in the midst of bad circumstances

I had this realization that seems really obvious, but for some reason it took me a while to get it.

I should be just as confident that things are going to work out when they look crazy as when everything looks fine and dandy. The opposite is true as well. Even though things look peaceful and calm, that is not an indication of security. Our security comes from God. It is not at all dependent on what is going on around us. Whether it is the economy, our finances, our children, our marriages, we can (and should) trust God with all of it.

Romans 8:2

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

It just dawned on me recently after going through a faith test that it really doesn’t matter whether it is easy or difficult to trust God. As my circumstances began to “look” better, I noticed myself trusting a bit less in God and a bit more in myself. After all, my circumstances weren’t requiring as much faith. I kind of slapped myself a bit and realized that I am no less dependent on God when things are going good as I am when they are going terrible.

The good circumstances are only an illusion of security. When things look good, it is easy to understand how things will all work out. But isn’t it amazing how quickly I can go running back to God in faith when things look bad again? I quickly realize that “good circumstances” provide no true security.

The great news is that for believers, bad circumstances are only an illusion of a lack of security.

Trust God in the storm

It reminds me of Jesus sleeping on the boat during the middle of the storm. He said, “let us go to the other side.” But yet when things started looking bad enough, they started to doubt that would happen. The truth is, no matter how bad things looked, they were just as secure. They had God in the flesh on the boat with them! How could they really think that they wouldn’t make it?

Mark 4:35-41

On that day, when evening came, He said to them, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd, they took Him along with them in the boat, just as He was; and other boats were with Him. And there arose a fierce gale of wind, and the waves were breaking over the boat so much that the boat was already filling up. Jesus Himself was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?” And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Hush, be still.” And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm. And He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They became very much afraid and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?”

When they finally were freaking out enough, they woke Him up and frustrated with their lack of faith, He told the storm to calm down. They just didn’t get it. They didn’t realize who Jesus was. They didn’t realize that it didn’t matter how bad it got, He was there with them.

It is no different for us today. We have the promise of God that He will never leave us, nor forsake us. It doesn’t matter how bad things look, it is merely an illusion. Don’t be deceived: when your trust is in God, you could not be more secure.

Hello Golden Eagle,

Thank you for a very well thought out and up lifting post. These are the kind of words we need to constantly be building up our faith.

Now the down side to it is when Christians claim God puts the circumstances in our life. I have talked to so maany Christians who honestly believe that GOD uses or gives or places sickness and evil and tragedies for our good or to teach us things. Nothing could be further from the truth. God can work GOOD IN all things but God is not the author of all things.....

I have come to grasp that the only reason Jesus got on the diciples about their faith when they woke Him in the boat is ...Why did you not do this... If they could not have by faith rebuked the storm Jesus would not have got on them like He did.

I can imangine like.....how is it guys I just got done teaching you about faith all day and you can not do this....lol

Any way thank you and have a wonderful week.

Blessings

jim

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/09/1987

Trust God even if you have no idea what is going on. I must remind my self of that daily. 

Guest Fish Catcher Jim

Trust God even if you have no idea what is going on. I must remind my self of that daily.

Because when we know that we know He will get us through to the other side, well trusting Him in it is the only way to go.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Sometimes it seems circumstances are piling up far more than we have strength to bear the weight of them.

I'm in a situation now that looks very dire. And just before the holiday. Owing so much money, with so little coming in. Having so much with so little to bargain with.

I know God knows all this, I know if it's possible the spirit of my family who have passed on know this too. Part of what they left behind is what I'm trying to deal with. Juggling so many balls in the air hoping to keep us afloat so that we're not homeless in the winter.

Dear God, it's me ... Little big help?   :emot-fail::73_73:

Just checking in to see how your doing pink dove? Hope all is well with you! Blessings!