BlessedByTheBest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

There is only one thing we can say for sure is an absolute truth and that is DEATH and that's what ALL religions are about,

they ALL claim to have found the only way to cheat death, which is what makes ALL religions laughable and ALL believers gullible.

Please read this before they take it down.

Well how else would they see it before it was taken down besides reading it?  :whistling:

It was a message to the people who take things down to say that we all know they don't like both sides to be heard.

Like churches Christian websites are not there for the Christians they are there to keep Christians believing,

anything that might encourage a Christian to think is removed because Christians must remain followers.

You must have  not read very many post on this site to come to that conclusion. I myself disagree with many of the comments  and post from my follow Christians.  And I am never shy to let them know about it too.

There is only one thing we can say for sure is an absolute truth and that is DEATH and that's what ALL religions are about,

they ALL claim to have found the only way to cheat death, which is what makes ALL religions laughable and ALL believers gullible.

Christianity is about following the teachings of Christ. Living a life to help your fellow man. To love and care for one another. Taking care of the needs of others. Caring for the sick, the poor, and the hurting. Just as Christ did and teaches us to do.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Matthew 25:35-36

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

are we supposed to take it on FAITH that ALL the rest of your ridiculous claims are absolute truth as well?

please read this before you get banned. 

No, I said there was only ONE absolute truth and that's DEATH, like religions all the rest is just fluff.

Of course I'll get banned, anyone who speaks against Christianity here gets banned.

Edited by Lylow

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

are we supposed to take it on FAITH that ALL the rest of your ridiculous claims are absolute truth as well?

No, I said there was only ONE absolute truth and that's DEATH, like religions all the rest is just fluff.

Of course I'll get banned, anyone who speaks against Christianity here gets banned.

actually, Christians won't see death, just rest until Christ returns to judge the wicked..  unfortunately, those professing to be wise only look forward to a cold grave.  what a bleak outlook.

oh, and you can have a civil discussion about peoples' beliefs without actually ridiculing the believers.  just a suggestion.

but i suppose you would only value such advice if you actually had anything worth discussing.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

actually, Christians won't see death, just rest until Christ returns to judge the wicked..  unfortunately, those professing to be wise only look forward to a cold grave.  what a bleak outlook.

oh, and you can have a civil discussion about peoples' beliefs without actually ridiculing the believers.  just a suggestion.

but i suppose you would only value such advice if you actually had anything worth discussing.

Christians want to believe that they won't see death and I wish them all the luck in the world with that,

however as we all know wanting and believing something does not make it true, (we would all win the lottery if it was true)

reality is the killer of religions, wouldn't it be great if we could all live in our own little fantasy worlds.

As for a bleak outlook, my grave won't be cold because I will be dead and know nothing about it,

I thought I was being civil,

you are obviously not used to having your beliefs questioned because of where you live and who you choose to mix with and I can understand that,

Christians hate Atheists because Atheists remind them how fragile and feeble their beliefs really are.

Edited by Lylow

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

Christians want to believe that they won't see death and I wish them all the luck in the world with that,

however as we all know wanting and believing something does not make it true, (we would all win the lottery if it was true)

reality is the killer of religions, wouldn't it be great if we could all live in our own little fantasy worlds.

As for a bleak outlook, my grave won't be cold because I will be dead and know nothing about it,

I thought I was being civil,

you are obviously not used to having your beliefs questioned because of where you live and who you choose to mix with and I can understand that,

Christians hate Atheists because Atheists remind them how fragile and feeble their beliefs really are.

actually, I believe and I know, and don't need your luck but appreciate the sentiment.

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the essence of things being hoped, the evidence of things not having been seen. 

the reality is that true Christianity is not a religion, but true fellowship with God.  Walking and talking with my Creator is no fantasy just because you claim it to be.

calling Christians gullible and peoples' faith laughable is civil?  i wouldn't care to hear your rudeness.

I don't hate Atheists, I actually pity them.  they remind me of how twisted and feeble human intelligence can become devoid of any spiritual nourishment.

Are you sure you are not "religious "? Because many highly "religious" people believe in absolutes. I say "religious" people not Godly. There is a difference. And just why do you want to speak against Christianity? If you choice not to follow it then don't. I don't go to other religious  boards and speak against what other people believe in. Or to the atheist boards and speak against their non-believe. That is just being a jerk. I truly do not understand people.  Diversity makes for interesting conversation. It would be very boring if everyone here agreed with each other.

Just where are you getting this information? Of cores we are all going to die.  And just want do you care what someone else believes? What is it to you if someone wants to believe in something different from you?  Anyway, I think you are too focused on the whole death thing of Christianity then the living part of it. It is not about "oh goody I get to go to heaven." It is about living a life that follows a teaching. A teaching that tells us how to care for our fellow man. How to love one another. Sadly many people to claim to be Christians forget that. I am often reminded of the words of Gandhi: "I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Greetings & Blessings Lylow,

I really would like to Welcome you to Worthy Christian Forums even though you are probably just passing through for lack of anything better to do & soon to join the "never to be heard from again"people that who knows what their intent was?If I am wrong,then I do hope you realize that we do sincerely welcome all people,of all Faiths (or lack of)as long as they are respectful & courteous as we are

I am soooooo curious to know(& I will understand completey if you choose not to answer)...What is the purpose or intention of  an atheist(or just you),who clearly is not seeking to understand what we choose to believe,in coming on a Christian website?You have the impression that we are followers(period),gullible,our faith is fragile & feeble and other assumptions.,why would you even want to have a discussion with such simple minded people?I would imagine this is some sort of favorite past time as you claim(as if from experience) that "these websites''don't post anything that may cause a Christian to think.

Well,i am sorry that you think Christians hate atheists,,,,true Christians don't hate anyone,we hate their sin & the one they follow.....but unfortunately I do believe that you are so deeply deceived that you do not even know that you are a follower,I am so very sorry for you...I do pray for release from your bondage(I understand you cannot comprehend these things I speak)....what if we are correct & you are wrong?It is of no consequence for us if we were wrong,according to you we would just die & know nothing,right?OOOH,but if you are wrong there is great consequence(eternally)....In your own estimation,are you not worth anything at all to not even consider that you could be wrong?

Just saying!Anyway ,......your intention or purpose,if you don't mind?

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I don't think relativity is a good example contra the notion of 'absolute truth' at all. First, Relativity is formed by assuming that physical laws are invariant- they are the *same* no matter what inertial frame you are in. Second, paradoxes like this have a physical solution. In the twin paradox because one twin has to undergo acceleration the solution can be found to which twin will be older upon meeting.

I do agree the site is kind of stupid though.

I agree Relativity doesn't discount absolute truth, but when they defined absolute truth to mean the same in every reference frame (as I interpret their definition to be), I can't get behind that because some situations demand two "truths" depending on the reference frame of the observer. 

Perhaps a better example would be the muon experiment in relativity, but I suspect it is less well known than the twin paradox. Muons are created in the upper atmosphere when the Sun's rays hit and they travel down towards Earth. But because of their extremely short lifespan we don't expect them to travel far (I forget the exact numbers involved), but they do in fact travel much further. While relativity gives us a coherent final result, what is actually happening depends on which reference frame you decide to look at. 

From our perspective the muon's clock gets slowed down from time dilation so it lives longer and thus can travel farther. However from the muon's perspective time is not dilated, but rather the actual distance between it and the ground gets contracted/shortened, so it travels farther proportionally. If absolute truth means that irregardless of the reference frame the same thing is occurring, what is actually happening with the muon? From what I understand of relativity the answer is that it depends on which frame of reference you look through as there is no universal or special reference frame. 

There is absolutely a single truth to the 'muon case', which is just a simple example of time dilation. One way you can do this is to turn to some invariant measure, in this case a spacetime interval between events, s2=x02-x12-x22-x32 (or -t and +x, it works out the same). In any frame, s will be the same. This is how you can make sense out of muons reaching the surface of the earth. Another, related, way to look at this is to plot this all out in hyperbolic space, and you can see the transformation between coordinate systems (the earth's and the muon's in this case). In this way it can be predicted how long the muon will live in earth's proper frame. We can see how from the muon's point of view the space contracts, and from the earth rest frame the muon lives longer. These two answers lead to the same conclusion because it's a matter of coordinate transformation.

The 'relativity' here is very restricted, in that, there is a singular answer for all of these questions. There is *one* answer. If there wasn't, it would be useless as a physical theory.