IGNORED

Will God take away part of our memory when we enter paradise?

layhoma

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

When we enter paradise in this condition, I can't imagine how there will not be pain or tears from the memories we endured from this world. Examples:

A victim of rape carries the trauma in her mind.
The worries if loved ones will be saved during the last 7 years of tribulations.
If we fail to find our loved ones in paradise, there will be tears.

Just to name a few............

The only argument that counters my question would be - Isaiah 55:9

“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

So lets just take an educated guess from our finite wisdom at this moment, the only way when we enter paradise when there is no pain and tears would be for God to erase part of the unpleasant memories we bring along and even erase that part where we met or associated with friends and loved ones in the past.

Anyone would like to comment?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV)
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Wouldn't be heaven is we remembered hell.

This life is the most heaven the lost will ever experience and the most hell believers will experience.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV)

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

So part of our mind is deleted ? I really missed this verse. But does it contradict the theory of free will ? I'm just sayin.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'm in two minds about this. Our memories make us who we are. If we find salvation by overcoming pain and suffering, then the pain and suffering has no value if we don't remember it. Why doesn't God just erase everyone's memory then he can save everyone? We all came into this World pure.

Selective memory erasure, however, is a different thing. Maybe we just forget certain things but not others, or maybe it's a time thing. After a while distant memories almost become forgotten anyway. Maybe that's what it means - that the bad things become such a distant memory that they are as good as forgotten.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

When we enter heaven we will not remember our former life.Although we will recognize mom or dad or siblings from Earth.

His Banner Over Me Is Love

Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 1 Corinthians 13:4-9 (NASB)

~

So lets just take an educated guess from our finite wisdom at this moment, the only way when we enter paradise when there is no pain and tears would be for God to erase part of the unpleasant memories we bring along and even erase that part where we met or associated with friends and loved ones in the past.

Anyone would like to comment?

~

When One Looks Deep Into His Flaming Eyes Of Love

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

All Other Thoughts Will Disappear

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30

I'm Just Saying

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

.... came into this World pure....

~

The Kid

Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Ephesians 2:3

And The KING

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. Ezekiel 36:25-27

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

God does say that every tear will be wiped away...but the Bible does not say we will not remember our life on earth. Perhaps we will see it from God's perspective.

Many people have speculated about our eternity, but I would just be careful not to say what the Bible itself does not say.

Again, we do know we will have joy in God's presence...what is the point of all we go through down here if we simply have our memories wiped clean like a computer with a virus?

Paul talks about a great cloud of witnesses up in heaven...you can almost get the picture we are viewed by those who have gone befoe...I would take that to mean we are

cognizant of our time on earth.

There are a few other references that seem to give the impression that memories are in fact, intact in heaven...prob with a different perspective IMO, but can't say for sure

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

God does say that every tear will be wiped away...but the Bible does not say we will not remember our life on earth. Perhaps we will see it from God's perspective.

Many people have speculated about our eternity, but I would just be careful not to say what the Bible itself does not say.

Again, we do know we will have joy in God's presence...what is the point of all we go through down here if we simply have our memories wiped clean like a computer with a virus?

Paul talks about a great cloud of witnesses up in heaven...you can almost get the picture we are viewed by those who have gone befoe...I would take that to mean we are

cognizant of our time on earth.

There are a few other references that seem to give the impression that memories are in fact, intact in heaven...prob with a different perspective IMO, but can't say for sure

Some say that these passages tell us that we will not have a memory of our life on Earth:

Isaiah 65:16So that he who blesses himself in the earth

Shall bless himself in the God of truth;

And he who swears in the earth

Shall swear by the God of truth;

Because the former troubles are forgotten,

And because they are hidden from My eyes.

Isaiah 65:17For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Perhaps the only memories that will be cleansed will be the ones that involve sin,pain and sadness:

Revelation 21:4And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”