bad biker

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Man will and has created many "churches" to teach what man wishes to hear.

Many today don't want to hear the truth of sin, all types of sin, but want to hear it is ok to live in thier sin, never repent and be doomed to hell. Jesus told us that this would happen, why are we surprised.

But of course God's word is clear, it is a sin, along with many other actions man likes to do. We have to admit it is a sin, repent of that sin, and then let God deal with that sin in our lives.

Many teens killing thierself, that is just more reason they need to find the truth in Christ.

Guest He's taking names

suicide= a selfish act of self pity, also something that is a man made choice not a natural thing.

homosexuality= a selfish act of self-gratification, also something that is a man made choice not a natural thing

why are we suprised there is a link between the two?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Secondlty, did Saint Paul consider his letters to be scripture or was he justrefering to the Torah?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 Peter 3

15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Peter and other apostles considered Paul's letters as scripture.

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/28/1986

suicide= a selfish act of self pity, also something that is a man made choice not a natural thing.

homosexuality= a selfish act of self-gratification, also something that is a man made choice not a natural thing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow - I found that post VERY offensive, as a gay-rights activist and as someone who suffers from depression. Before you try to make some sort of connection there, I might as well state that I'm straight, not that it really matters.

I agree that suicide is a selfish act, my Dad attempted suicide a couple weeks ago and decided to leave a message on my answering machine informing me that he was going to kill himself, before he made his attempt. I don't think I could describe in words how upset I was and still am. It makes me wonder though, how much pain someone has to be in when they make the decision to end their own life. I've felt inclined to do so many times, but haven't because I don't want to do that to my family. But there are some people who's depression has clouded their thoughts so much, that they don't realize what they're doing or honestly don't think anyone would miss them.

I have a lot of friends who are gay or bisexual, and we agree that they are very lucky to be living in a city like Toronto where it's widely accepted. I can only imagine what it would be like to be gay and live in a place where everyone considers it to be an "abomination".

The movie "Boys Dont Cry" really hit home for me.

Anyways, I find it very amusing hearing Christians whine about people who heckle them, yet Christians are the first to show up at gay fests with signs stating that they're going to hell.

It's SO sad that so many of these teens are so insecure about their sexual orientation and being ostracized about it, that they would kill themselves.

What's worse, is that I don't see much empathy.

Edited by littleladyinblack

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Chazy, in your post you condemn us for our attitudes. For you, condemning us is ok, yet in your eyes, we cant condemn the sin of homosexuality? You tell us to accept homosexuals for who they are, yet you cant accept us for who we are?

I have a lot of empathy for gay people, just like I do anyone saved or unsaved. I do not accept their sin though. I love and care for them, including my lesbian cousin. In that love and care, I dont overlook the sin, nor do I throw it in their face every time I see them.

Chazy, you want us to accept homosexual behavior. To do so would violate our beliefs. We cant do that. The Lord has said it is wrong. Praise Him He forgives those who turn to Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

'It's analogous to Christian religious attitudes against Judaism -- they aren't quite the same as anti-semitism, but they create a climate where anti-semitism can flourish.'

I'm like, WHAT????!!!! when I read this. After reading that, I just got madder and madder at the ill-informed author of this trash. Talk about the foolish seeming wise, if only they keep quiet :24: Would, that it have been better for this author to do so, instead of publishing their ignorance of both the Bible and of Christian beliefs.

Faith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Secondlty, did Saint Paul consider his letters to be scripture or was he justrefering to the Torah?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 Peter 3

15Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Peter and other apostles considered Paul's letters as scripture.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul considered his writings to be scripture also.

1Co 14:37  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

LT

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I accept homosexuals the same way I accept everyone else: as sinners. All we can do is pray for them and reach out to them whenever possible.

I am, of course, against "gay marriage," civil unions, etc.

In other words, I oppose all efforts to give special rights based on behavior, especially a behavior that has proven to be unhealthy.

Guest He's taking names

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow - I found that post VERY offensive, as a gay-rights activist and as someone who suffers from depression. Before you try to make some sort of connection there, I might as well state that I'm straight, not that it really matters.

I agree that suicide is a selfish act, my Dad attempted suicide a couple weeks ago and decided to leave a message on my answering machine informing me that he was going to kill himself, before he made his attempt. I don't think I could describe in words how upset I was and still am. It makes me wonder though, how much pain someone has to be in when they make the decision to end their own life. I've felt inclined to do so many times, but haven't because I don't want to do that to my family. But there are some people who's depression has clouded their thoughts so much, that they don't realize what they're doing or honestly don't think anyone would miss them.

I have a lot of friends who are gay or bisexual, and we agree that they are very lucky to be living in a city like Toronto where it's widely accepted. I can only imagine what it would be like to be gay and live in a place where everyone considers it to be an "abomination".

The movie "Boys Dont Cry" really hit home for me.

Anyways, I find it very amusing hearing Christians whine about people who heckle them, yet Christians are the first to show up at gay fests with signs stating that they're going to hell.

It's SO sad that so many of these teens are so insecure about their sexual orientation and being ostracized about it, that they would kill themselves.

What's worse, is that I don't see much empathy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry if my bluntness offended you but I stand by the point I was making. (I would not show up to a "gay fest" to protest by the way) I too have had gay friends, work colleges, teachers (in school of course as opposed to church), family. I DO NOT make fun of these people or bring them down in any way. I too have dealt with depression in my own life and in the lives of loved ones. I realise these issues hit home in a big way...trust me when I say they do for me too!

The sin in our lives leads us away from God. The only way we as human beings can fill that void we all have in our souls is by having a relationship with Jesus and accepting His love into our lives. Without that we will only continue to wallow in our own self-pity and sin, using things that feel good to escape the fact that we have an emptiness inside. The Bible makes it clear homosexual sex is one such sin and as such leads people away from a life with God. The further away from relationship with God you are, the more likely you are to resort to something as horrible and unnec. as suicide.

I hope that makes my point clearer. Again I'm sorry if my bluntness offended.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

I'd like to move this thread along. Now that I understand that Christians believe homosexuality is a sin I'd like to find out what you think about the right of homosexuals to get married.

Simply, what's your position on gay marriage/civil union?

Still waiting

-SS