JDavis

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have not come across the backfire effect before but I can see where it comes from.

It is almost impossible to have a discussion/argument over the internet as people have their own views and tend to be closed minded to other views. Something that takes 5 mins to put across face to face can take 2 weeks over the net and still not get anywhere. The main problem seems to be the written word, you post something that seems obvious to you and get an answer that has nothing to do with what you think you have said. I try to be completely open minded yet I have yet to find anyone willing or able to see things from a point of view other than their own. Many of my views are to controversial or outside mainstream to be even worth trying to discuss over the net, but saying that they have evolved from studying mainstream. I have learnt to see with my mind rather than accept the evidence of my eyes and even though I have been trying to disprove my ideas what I read only strengthens them from both a scientific and a spiritual point of view (some may have read my interpretation of the Two Witnesses). I have found that if looked at in the right way they compliment each other. 

God created everything which means he must have put all the laws of physics in place at the beginning as well as being our spiritual father.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,145
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings JDavis!

And to Everyone here.....Having had a personal experience with Jesus Christ,who saved my very life and believing in the unmerited favor of God(Grace)I only know o fone purpose for Him having spared my life(& me being here) and that is to be His living testimony....my only concern is not that someone thinks as I do but that they have the opportunity to hear where the Lord has brought me from and possibly it will convict their hearts to at least consider,"Well,if her mind & heart could be changed & if all she says is true....perhaps there is something about that Jesus?"

My only hope is that no man should perish,but have everlasting life.........it is up to the Holy Spirit how He use me & what my being here will do.......and it also gives me the opportunity to pray for people I would have never had the opportunity to meet.

Right Robby?...I have made a friend here,we clearly sit on opposite sides of the fence but have a mutual understanding & respect for one another....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

Why are we here?

I mean in this part of the forum, not why do we exist.

Once you are tagged, you have very few places to attend. This place is one of them.