Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Just a little reminder to be careful what we allow our ears to listen to...
(I'm not sure in which section to post this thread so here it goes)

Lucifer is a fallen angel who was the head of the ministry of music in Heaven when he was in heaven. It has been said of him he was the most beautiful of ALL angels and he was the director of the flow of music there (Praise and Worship).

Of course, now he no longer is….. but there are several scriptural references throughout the bible the denote his previous authority o...ver music when he was in heaven. One is Isa.14:11 – “Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.”

This verse right here is speaking of his fall from heaven, and how all of the glory he had, and the gifts he had fell with him. The noise of thy viols indicates the stringed instruments he had charge over. But yes, actually throughout the bible in passages in the books of Ezekiel, Job, Isaiah, even Psalms upon speaking of his past life…it tells us he was the minister of music there. Of course he no longer is now though.

So it is obvious that Lucifer, at the very least, contained something akin to musical instruments – the tambourine, the flute, and the harp all within the confines of his own body. Since Lucifer is a created being, he was originally created with instruments to provide beautiful music for none other than the glorification of God. Lucifer, being the most authoritative and superior angel that he was, at best, was also probably the angel of music.

The point of this study is to see, purely from a theological view, if in fact Satan has a connection with and a direct influence on music, which has become undoubtedly clear that he does. We must remember that some, not all music, can come from evil sources no matter how lovely, beautiful or pleasing it may sound to the ears. For we know that the devil can masquerade as an angel of light (II Corinthians 11:14). Music, I believe, has a twofold purpose. To glorify God or not, it’s as simple as that. As we have seen, music was initially created for that purpose up until Satan’s rebellion. What he has done with music from that point on becomes a whole other issue...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,255
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I once had a pastor who told me the only classical music I could listen to was Bach. Otherwise I could listen to hymns and gospel, but no contemporary Christian, Christian rock, no Tchaikovsky, or Rimsky-Korsekoff such as Russian Easter (because it wasn't Protestant and it was written in a minor key). He said that it had to be written in a major key. So that eliminated "What Child is This". Yes, Hitler used marches to psych up the people. But don't go overboard on this subject. I left his church because his teaching strayed far from the Bible. I believe it is the lyrics that consecrate it to the Lord.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

music is much more powerful than most people would like to believe.

i am sure many could attest to being spiritually/emotionally blown away by their favorite gospel/worship praises.

i would say it is a narrow and irresponsible view to believe that music wouldn't be one of the devil's Top priorities in corrupting.

the 5 "I Will's" come to mind, as satan only seeks to take God's place on the Throne of the Most High and receive worship.

there is certainly enough documentation out there concerning neuro-linguistic programming, subliminal messages, and back-masking.

these are all essentially subtle and covert methods of mind manipulation(hypnosis).

there are thousands of "self-help" programs like these which are created with the supposed intent of improving your life.(memory, bad habits, "healing", etc.)

ignorance truly is bliss.  anyone wanting to know more about how the brain can be entrained to operate at certain frequencies can look into 'binaural beats' and 'isochronic tones'.

i wouldn't doubt the angels who were present at the creation of man who have studied us for millenia fully understand the nature of how our brain wave states operate, waking and sleeping.

music is so powerful because there are frequencies of sound perceptibly inaudible to our human ears, that the ear still receives and decodes.

with ill intent, think about the implications of this in concerts, television, and radio where the same songs/music is played repeatedly for months at a time.

how susceptible would the mind of a 12 year old child be to a constant bombardment of hidden messages like "Murder Murder" or "Satan rules", for example?

why is it called television "programming"? i'd be willing to bet there is much more than just your favorite secular tunes being "broadcasted" into your subconscious.

or "Christian" tunes for that matter.

the devil is in the details people.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

Eze 28:13  Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold:
the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 

One clue is that many evil music bands sell their souls to the devil for fame. Another clue is to observe the way music affects the human behavior.

Certain types of music keep the spirit in darkness. Many are addicted to certain bands or genres or music who's spirits are controlled by evil. Ungodly music probably is the easiest way to soil the spirit. And when I mean ungodly I don't mean any music that doesn't mention the word of God, I mean intentionally ungodly by the one who created the music. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I've seen real darkness in people that listen to certain types of music...they are drawn to it...and then again I've seen such wonderfulness and have been there my own self...

I should really write down every time The Lord leads me to scriptures in His Word...In the past, I have been led where it shows about lucifer and his music...

Love you In Him, Kathy

P.S. will ask The Lord to lead me back to them...and search some more...This is the second time...ok I'll try to find the scripture before I say anything...Love ya'll...

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Well I asked and immediately there it was...Thank You So Much, My Savior, Lord and King...for praying for me...My my...Israel is so on my mind today...

Back to music:

Isaiah 14:10-15

They all shall speak and say to you: 'Have you also become as weak as we? Have you become like us? Your pomp is brought down to Sheol. And the sound of your stringed instruments; The maggot is spread under you, and worms cover you.' How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the fartheset sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High." Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit.

Exalt my throne above the stars of God...aren't we the stars that Abraham saw?

Guest AFlameOfFire

Eze 28:13  Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold:
the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 

And that one starts out here

Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Says the prince of Tyrus is a man there and unto the king of the lamentation is upon in the verse just prior yours

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Edited by AFlameOfFire

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Just a little reminder to be careful what we allow our ears to listen to...
(I'm not sure in which section to post this thread so here it goes)

Lucifer is a fallen angel who was the head of the ministry of music in Heaven when he was in heaven. It has been said of him he was the most beautiful of ALL angels and he was the director of the flow of music there (Praise and Worship).

Of course, now he no longer is….. but there are several scriptural references throughout the bible the denote his previous authority o...ver music when he was in heaven. One is Isa.14:11 – “Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.”

This verse right here is speaking of his fall from heaven, and how all of the glory he had, and the gifts he had fell with him. The noise of thy viols indicates the stringed instruments he had charge over. But yes, actually throughout the bible in passages in the books of Ezekiel, Job, Isaiah, even Psalms upon speaking of his past life…it tells us he was the minister of music there. Of course he no longer is now though.

So it is obvious that Lucifer, at the very least, contained something akin to musical instruments – the tambourine, the flute, and the harp all within the confines of his own body. Since Lucifer is a created being, he was originally created with instruments to provide beautiful music for none other than the glorification of God. Lucifer, being the most authoritative and superior angel that he was, at best, was also probably the angel of music.

The point of this study is to see, purely from a theological view, if in fact Satan has a connection with and a direct influence on music, which has become undoubtedly clear that he does. We must remember that some, not all music, can come from evil sources no matter how lovely, beautiful or pleasing it may sound to the ears. For we know that the devil can masquerade as an angel of light (II Corinthians 11:14). Music, I believe, has a twofold purpose. To glorify God or not, it’s as simple as that. As we have seen, music was initially created for that purpose up until Satan’s rebellion. What he has done with music from that point on becomes a whole other issue...

I have seen nothing in Isaiah that would lead me to believe that lucifer is the minister of music. :confused:

Lucifer : Angel of Music

Wouldn't that make music evil?    freaking-out-smiley-emoticon.png

Lucifer wasn't always evil and music was his gift before he fell, it was used  to worship his father but not anymore. The point is that it's one of his best skills and now uses it on earth as a fallen angel, not to worship his father any longer but rather to allure people of the world to him. There is Godly music and ungodly music, the discernment of the spirit behind the one who created the music we listen to is very important.