IGNORED

Unbelievable percentage of people addicted to smartphones....

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Yeah says our sister with um... 31,255 posts laughinsmilie.gif

Wonders where these kids are learning this stuff? Asmiliethinking.gif laughinsmilie.gif

Just yanking your chain sis, Im online a lot myself but I know what you mean, everyone is looking at a screen, TV screen, phone screen, or computer screen

Talking to everyone else viannen_111.gif except those in the room around us lol

Yes, I have over 31,000 posts.....over a seven year period.  That's about 12 posts a day.  And not one of them from my phone and not ONE of them made while I made someone wait to get my attention.  I don't have a problem with technology; I have a problem with those that get sickening with it.  Like turning and walking out of a room  (in the middle of a conversation!) to text someone or checking their phone/texting while I'm training them or texting all through a meeting.   Where's the common sense?

I have alot of posts on Worthy as well.Worthy is the only Social site I go to.And OH BOY what I have learned about God!! :hurrah:

Guest AFlameOfFire

Now there I will agree with you laughinsmilie.gif (dumb phones) that was cute!

Sis, Im with you, was the same way, rathering to enjoy another persons company, so its the games that get to me (even with my own husband). What could I do? But I did go through a time of resentment over it (so I understand) many years actually. We don't enjoy the same things (to be honest) he is just as uninterested in what I might desire to converse with him about even as I am about some of the things he does anyway. So I ended up thinking, why force it?

In the case you mention, yeah, wrong time and place. And it sorta makes opportunities to make face to face connections with others almost impossible. Unless of course its not a game but connecting with others (though not so much face to face).

I hate always feeling like I am interrupting someone lol

(Like, "excuse me, when you gain your next victory and can hit pause, may I have a second)? smilie_girl_093.gif

I sure miss little house on the prairie days a lot laughinsmilie.gif

I understand where you're coming from but I'm not the apologetic kind; I will be flat out rude if someone keeps ignoring me.  Case in point:  I'm at work and this morning I took a document to the receptionist in my area to explain what she did and how she created it.  I walked up behind her, without her knowing, and she was playing 'Bejeweled' online and surfing her phone at the same time.  She does this pretty much all day according to the grapevine.  She is being lined up to be fired and I'm sure she doesn't have a clue.  What kind of a moron gives up a good job at a global company because they can't stop surfing and playing games?  She's mid to late forties, btw, so youth isn't a factor.

I believe you MorningGlory, I see folks doing it at their workplace a lot. She's not paid to play games on the companies time. Might be different on a lunch break or if there is a lull in work where it was permitted, or in a job which requires one to simply be available for answering the phone (when it rings) and they are just occupying, but not being neglectful. Most jobs aren't like that, other tasks are required.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

This reminds me of an episode of Star Trek... (and if you know which one I have in mind based on that alone, I'll be greatly disturbed).

But I will say, I find it odd to see so many people complaining about people basically being online... on an online forum.

Now there I will agree with you laughinsmilie.gif (dumb phones) that was cute!

Sis, Im with you, was the same way, rathering to enjoy another persons company, so its the games that get to me (even with my own husband). What could I do? But I did go through a time of resentment over it (so I understand) many years actually. We don't enjoy the same things (to be honest) he is just as uninterested in what I might desire to converse with him about even as I am about some of the things he does anyway. So I ended up thinking, why force it?

In the case you mention, yeah, wrong time and place. And it sorta makes opportunities to make face to face connections with others almost impossible. Unless of course its not a game but connecting with others (though not so much face to face).

I hate always feeling like I am interrupting someone lol

(Like, "excuse me, when you gain your next victory and can hit pause, may I have a second)? smilie_girl_093.gif

I sure miss little house on the prairie days a lot laughinsmilie.gif

I understand where you're coming from but I'm not the apologetic kind; I will be flat out rude if someone keeps ignoring me.  Case in point:  I'm at work and this morning I took a document to the receptionist in my area to explain what she did and how she created it.  I walked up behind her, without her knowing, and she was playing 'Bejeweled' online and surfing her phone at the same time.  She does this pretty much all day according to the grapevine.  She is being lined up to be fired and I'm sure she doesn't have a clue.  What kind of a moron gives up a good job at a global company because they can't stop surfing and playing games?  She's mid to late forties, btw, so youth isn't a factor.

Yes,I run into this all the time.People on their cell phones all the time.They finally had to put down very strict rules no cell phones at the work place only on your breaks or at lunch.Well,they do it anyway.Or they will spend alot of their working hours in the breakroom on their cell phones.That is why I think they are an addiction.We did not have this problem when we had to go to a phone booth(and their are very few if any of those left) to call someone.Although I can see they are nice for emergencies.People just abuse them.

This reminds me of an episode of Star Trek... (and if you know which one I have in mind based on that alone, I'll be greatly disturbed).

But I will say, I find it odd to see so many people complaining about people basically being online... on an online forum.

I sure can't learn as much about God and have Christian fellowship on my cell phone.Which one do you think God would want me to spend more time on? :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I sure can't learn so much about God and have Christian fellowship on my cell phone.Which one do you think God would want me to spend more time on? :whistling:

you can access this site on your phone.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I sure can't learn so much about God and have Christian fellowship on my cell phone.Which one do you think God would want me to spend more time on? :whistling:

you can access this site on your phone.

You can chat too if you have small fingers and good eyesight   :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I'm on my phone right now. . .

Guest AFlameOfFire

Yeah says our sister with um... 31,255 posts laughinsmilie.gif

Wonders where these kids are learning this stuff? Asmiliethinking.gif laughinsmilie.gif

Just yanking your chain sis, Im online a lot myself but I know what you mean, everyone is looking at a screen, TV screen, phone screen, or computer screen

Talking to everyone else viannen_111.gif except those in the room around us lol

Yes, I have over 31,000 posts.....over a seven year period.  That's about 12 posts a day.  And not one of them from my phone and not ONE of them made while I made someone wait to get my attention.  I don't have a problem with technology; I have a problem with those that get sickening with it.  Like turning and walking out of a room  (in the middle of a conversation!) to text someone or checking their phone/texting while I'm training them or texting all through a meeting.   Where's the common sense?

I have alot of posts on Worthy as well.Worthy is the only Social site I go to.And OH BOY what I have learned about God!! :hurrah:

That's a good thing bopeep, and I actually really like it here, I went to one other (for the most part) and I was there for several years, and there were only a handful of people that actually taught me something. And two most especially out of the thousands there. But there were so many trolls, and dumb topics and strifes it was really beginning to affect me. I seem to learn more about what "not to do" (there) then about what was good to do.

This forum was one of eight of them I was sitting back for awhile trying to make a decision on (as to where I should go). I did sign up at a few, and put my foot in to see, and I decided pretty much for here. And because the Christians here (for the better part) are far kinder, many of whom can agree to disagree far better and Im really glad I joined.

Now its far less active then the other forum, but if I take all the dumb topics out of the equation, all the troll baiting threads, the kicking a dead horse threads, and the boring teachings and traditions of men threads (which shouldn't be counted) the amount of activity really means nothing (in truth)

Takes some time to acclimate to a new environment though. After being at another for so long, you get accustomed to it. Ands it normal to feel like a fish out of water for a little while. With you feeling others out and them feeling you out. But honestly, after all my time there I hadn't made any lasting friendships in Christ. I find that extremely difficult to do for some reason, whether its my own fault in this I don't know. I mean I have had a couple of them over the years but for a short time. I have just always found its over something so incredibly stupid they depart from you. Like your their best friend in the whole world but once you disagree with them (on anything) its like your the anti Christ (to them) and they discard you. Its almost predictable, and this has so been my experience (again and again). Having pretty much observed far less tolerance among believers then with unbelievers a lot of the time. This really boggles my mind. And only because I know I can agree to disagree without doing any such thing. However, I am drawn to knowledge (in others) and a certain way another might show themselves forth in the handling of scriptures. That is what personally draws me in. And so I know that which I can be drawn to doesn't always mean charity will be present. So I am now trying to let that go. Knowledge isn't listed as a fruit of the Spirit and having a lot of it hasn't served to show me any lasting charity anyway.

I had told the Lord if that happens again there, that I would consider it to be my little signal (from Him) to leave (finally) and I would really like to make it a permanent departure from there. It was really just becoming a habit (and a bad one at that). And I have checked in a few times, and found I didn't miss it (at all) and wasn't tempted to return.

I really like it here.

God bless you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

I dunno,,,seems the phones are smart and sucking the smart out of this generations brains?!!!

Everything is a click away,no need to remember anything,no need to know simple math,no need to write(with a pen & paper),no need to spell........ever purchase something for $10.28 and give the cashier $20.03 and they say,"Why did you give me the 3 pennies?".....Remember the days when you knew everyones phone number by heart?Now run out of gas without your ''smart"phone,leaves you looking less than intelligent,huh?....

Everyone I see,in supermarkets,gas stations,at restaurants...you name it....on the phone....seems pretty rude actually when there is a living human being standing right in front of them being totally ignored as they ask,"can I help you?''

What can I say.....                                  God bless us all....praying,

with Love,Kwik

BTW...FlameOfFire,

I am glad you are here and from the moment I joined I was welcomed with loving arms,I am sure you feel the same...no doubt you will meet real Christians here,warm ,sincere & filled with love!Sometimes we have to taste a little sour to know the sweet

Edited by kwikphilly