jetson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

its been called demonic, and sexually provacative several times. . .

Old people say stuff like that when they don't like something new. Like music or what not. I myself just think it is silly.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Yeah...I saw that.  It seems the rhetoric has been racheted up.  I would definately call it demonic if I saw people do that in church and I think its just blatantly sad to do it on a Christian

campus...I do.

I think it's a sign of the times....

So, is the following scripture still applicable?

What is the world and why should we come out from it?

I'm not trying to make the passage fit my words here, but IMO, something can be gleaned from the passage don't you think?  

BTW, as with anything else, there are demons enticing in that crowd and sexually provocative things going on, but not eveyrone is effected...for example, you may just think it is funny

or just silly, but not everyone does as per the dialogue in this thread.  That alone, such controversary, would make me take a deeper a look.  Just my 2 and half cents

We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. 4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left;8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.

11We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you. 12We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us. 13As a fair exchange—I speak as to my children—open wide your hearts also.

Warning Against Idolatry

14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belialb ? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them

and walk among them,

and I will be their God,

and they will be my people.”c

17Therefore,

“Come out from them

and be separate,says the Lord.

Touch no unclean thing,

and I will receive you.”d

18And,

“I will be a Father to you,

and you will be my sons and daughters,says the Lord Almighty.”

II Cor.

Old people say stuff like that when they don't like something new. Like music or what not. I myself just think it is silly.

That's ridiculous LadyKay.    Is the Bible just for old people?  It has plenty to say about demons, what they do and how Christians need to defend themselves from such things

and not allow the devil any inroads into their life.

It is not superstition.  It is IN the Bible and that may very well be why some posters are so against what is becoming a trend.

What is the trend?  Christians poo poohing the idea that God means what He says.

Is the Bible just for old people?

I didn't say that. You are twisting my words. What I did say is true. Older people do indeed look at stuff they don't like, like music and video games and say that it is demonic and of the devil. I was raised by my grandmother who told me stuff like that all the time about books that I would read and music I listen to. So I know that what it is I say is true.

What you said is old people call things demonic and sexually provocative

Now either that is not what you meant or, you do not know what other posters mean

I have not twisted your words LadyKay.  

I didn't say that. You are twisting my words. What I did say is true. Older people do indeed look at stuff they don't like, like music and video games and say that it is demonic and of the devil. I was raised by my grandmother who told me stuff like that all the time about books that I would read and music I listen to. So I know that what it is I say is true.

Would it help to point out that you are on a forum with quite a few other posters responding who are NOT your grandmother and yet appear to be somewhat agreeing with her?

I honestly fail to understand how you can believe only old people would take a negative view of the harlem shake or the words to the music

I didn't personally call anything demonic, but I would agree that if done in a church, the impetus behind it would absolutely be demonic as who on earth in their

right mind would believe it glorifies God?

Your statement about truth is only true to your immediate experience.  It certainly is not true for me, for example, as my grandmother never even once said anything at all

was demonic.  Not ... once...ever.  She also never ever said something was sexually provocative.  Not...once...ever.  My grandmother was a Christian.

Is this op really about our own personal opinions or how we chart our course through the world?

IMO, it is the latter.  What is acceptable for you may not be acceptable for someone else.  Therefore, the only common denominator is the Bible among Christians who are

trying to come to a course of action or are involved in making a decision about how to interact with the unconverted of the world 

Now either that is not what you meant or, you do not know what other posters mean

What I said was that old people tend to call music, movies, dances, anything else they don't like demonic.

I didn't personally call anything demonic,

I never said you did.

You know I don't have time for this anymore.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Has anyone notice the devil dancing coming into the Churches.  Rick Warrens, saddle back church or just  google harlem shake in the churches and see what is going on.

What in the world????? :shocked: What is that all about?I would run out very very fast if I encountered that :runforhills:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

"Old people" hu?So what it so wrong with "old people?" :45:

What I said was that old people tend to call music, movies, dances, anything else they don't like demonic.

I didn't personally call anything demonic,

I never said you did.

You know I don't have time for this anymore.

Alrighty then.  Although I did go into some detail in an effort to help you understand.  Sorry you have no time for it.

"Old people" hu?So what it so wrong with "old people?" :45:

Okay, Okay, I didn't think anyone was going to take it all so seriously. I was some what joking when I said that old people call things they don't like demonic. Now I say somewhat joking because I have personally heard older people say things about the music and what not. And while some music, movies and what not my be in poor taste, it does not mean that they are demonic. I think that maybe the case here. This looks more stupid to me then demonic.  But really, I didn't know I was going to offend anyone. You all need to just lighten up a bit.