• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Test all things; hold fast what is good.  I Thess 5:21

In some circles, they practically worship someone they think is annointed..that person just cannot seem to do wrong no matter

how wrong they are

That kind of adoration occurs everywhere.

I have no idea what you mean but sounds sarcastic.  At any rate,  WOF is not something to be held onto...it is simply not scriptural.  Obviously you disagree.  I remember much of what you had to say

going back over a year now I believe so rehashing will most likely achieve the same end as before.  Sadly, that would be nothing worth repeating.

True word of faith is simply believing in the word of God. The excesses are what people are having a problem with, and it is those excesses that people lump together and make WOF appear as something it isn't. I have seen people's lives hurt by the false as well, but the true WOF churches do no harm.

Every denomination has its abuses, and its spiritual error.

It would be better to read the what MG posted as where WOF came from before you try to make it clean...

http://www.gotquesti...#ixzz2fhOkHwbxI

LOL! 'Got Questions?' is not an authority! They have their own biases as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It would be better to read the what MG posted as where WOF came from before you try to make it clean...

Loved one it is good to guard the beliefs you feel is right but only if they are right according to The Word!

History has no regard to persons or beliefs but is a factual essence of what simply occurred!  They only

delivered the historicity of the movement and the error, as you have said yourself, is evident! Now the

question why hold to a title (church or organization) that call themselves WoF, which clearly, in the main

stream, are leading others astray when you could rename Faith of The Word if you are separate from the

beliefs of WoF???   Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member

Loved one it is good to guard the beliefs you feel is right but only if they are right according to The Word!

History has no regard to persons or beliefs but is a factual essence of what simply occurred!  They only

delivered the historicity of the movement and the error, as you have said yourself, is evident! Now the

question why hold to a title (church or organization) that call themselves WoF, which clearly, in the main

stream, are leading others astray when you could rename Faith of The Word if you are separate from the

It is good to cease from broad brush maligning people who believe things one doesn't understand. There is error and abuses in every single denomination out there. God doesn't call us to denominations. He calls us to Himself and to devour His word.

Got Questions' bias is causing them to trip over themselves.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

In some circles, they practically worship someone they think is annointed..that person just cannot seem to do wrong no matter

how wrong they are

I have no idea what you mean but sounds sarcastic.  At any rate,  WOF is not something to be held onto...it is simply not scriptural.  Obviously you disagree.  I remember much of what you had to say

going back over a year now I believe so rehashing will most likely achieve the same end as before.  Sadly, that would be nothing worth repeating.

True word of faith is simply believing in the word of God. The excesses are what people are having a problem with, and it is those excesses that people lump together and make WOF appear as something it isn't. I have seen people's lives hurt by the false as well, but the true WOF churches do no harm.

So there is an untrue version of word of faith?  If what you say is true, I would have no objections;  BUT it is the interpretation that is objectionable.

And, as stated, I have had this discussion with you right here when I first joined and I am convinced that you believe the same as you did then

by your posts in this thread.   The thing is what you may consider biblical, those outside of your group do not. 

Anyway, this is a merry-go -round.  Suffice it to say I thank God I no longer accept WOF teaching as sound, safe and it is certainly NOT Biblical.

You can defend the beliefs to your own satisfaction, but it will simply be to your own consolation 

It is good to cease from broad brush maligning people who believe things one doesn't understand. There is error and abuses in every single denomination out there. God doesn't call us to denominations. He calls us to Himself and to devour His word.

Got Questions' bias is causing them to trip over themselves.

since you had no comment to my post I guess we'll leave it at that...   Love, Steven

how wrong they are

So there is an untrue version of word of faith?  If what you say is true, I would have no objections;  BUT it is the interpretation that is objectionable.

And, as stated, I have had this discussion with you right here when I first joined and I am convinced that you believe the same as you did then

by your posts in this thread.   The thing is what you may consider biblical, those outside of your group do not. 

Anyway, this is a merry-go -round.  Suffice it to say I thank God I no longer accept WOF teaching as sound, safe and it is certainly NOT Biblical.

You can defend the beliefs to your own satisfaction, but it will simply be to your own consolation 

Yes, there is an ongoing misconstruing of what is truly WOF. It is not a denomination. I don't accept the things people say that WOF teaches that are excesses, and I find that these excesses have been a problem and continue to be in many circles. But I do believe (as do WOF churches) that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and in the triune nature of God---the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and are in dire need of salvation, which is provided to all through Jesus Christ. I believe it is the will of God that all come to be filled with Holy Spirit, which is an experience that is subsequent to salvation. I believe that healing is provided in the Atonement and is available to all believers. The Body of Christ, the Church is made up of all those who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. The word teaches us that there will one day be a bodily resurrection for both the righteous and also the unrighteous, and that there will one day be a visible and imminent return of Jesus Christ.

I am not WOF, but I object to the ridiculous way that people malign what they think is WOF but really isn't. I agree that the abuses and excesses that are pointed out are wrong, but I also contend that there are many groups that hold to the same errors. You cannot paint the WOF movement with the same dirty, yet broad brush.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Interesting.....I think if you scrutinize any Christian denomination you can find some teachings/traditions/base tenants which can make your eyes squint.

However, if someone is anointed by GOD to gather the lost souls to Christ, not locally but on a world wide scale, who then has the authority to speak against Gods anointed?

Moses brother and sister did that in the wilderness..

Can you define anointed? I will give you an example or two. Bennie Hinn? John Hagee?

One mans anointed is another mans nightmare.....

Stick to the Word, check every word against the Word, and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

Following men will only disappoint in the the long run.

A standard manipulative teaching to keep people from criticizing, is to use the phrase from the OT, 'touch not Gods annointed'.

In the OT, only a select few people are physically annointed for a purpose. One such person was David. David had already been annointed as a future king but Saul was still ruling. Saul of course was wicked, and a sinner, but God had not yet removed Saul as king. Davids friends wanted to eliminate Saul, but David said of wicked Saul, touch not Gods annointed. David was saying Saul was King and do not touch him, as God will remove Saul and put David on the throne in Gods time.

So, in light of the story, touch not a wicked ruler, as God will remove him, it is strange to use that line. The other major issue is that in the New Covenant, all of those who are saved, are annointed, indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and called. We are all annointed, but some people like to think of themselves as somehow special, and more annointed, while the little people are not. Therefore the 'little people' should not challenge the 'annointed big deals'. My own words of course, as anyone who uses that line does not understand the New Covenant.

I am in agreement with this.  Well put.  David understood Saul's evil deeds and brought them to light.

Interesting.....I think if you scrutinize any Christian denomination you can find some teachings/traditions/base tenants which can make your eyes squint.

However, if someone is anointed by GOD to gather the lost souls to Christ, not locally but on a world wide scale, who then has the authority to speak against Gods anointed?

Can you define anointed? I will give you an example or two. Bennie Hinn? John Hagee?

Stick to the Word, check every word against the Word, and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

A standard manipulative teaching to keep people from criticizing, is to use the phrase from the OT, 'touch not Gods annointed'.

In the OT, only a select few people are physically annointed for a purpose. One such person was David. David had already been annointed as a future king but Saul was still ruling. Saul of course was wicked, and a sinner, but God had not yet removed Saul as king. Davids friends wanted to eliminate Saul, but David said of wicked Saul, touch not Gods annointed. David was saying Saul was King and do not touch him, as God will remove Saul and put David on the throne in Gods time.

So, in light of the story, touch not a wicked ruler, as God will remove him, it is strange to use that line. The other major issue is that in the New Covenant, all of those who are saved, are annointed, indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and called. We are all annointed, but some people like to think of themselves as somehow special, and more annointed, while the little people are not. Therefore the 'little people' should not challenge the 'annointed big deals'. My own words of course, as anyone who uses that line does not understand the New Covenant.

I am in agreement with this.  Well put.  David understood Saul's evil deeds and brought them to light.

Yes, but not many are as anointed as David and cannot recognize what is anointed and what isn't. That's the problem.

Sincere people, saved by grace like all believers, victims of erroneous teaching from leaders who are too often wolves in sheep's clothing,who fail to take the word of God seriously at this juncture:

These are the things you are to teach and insist on. 3If anyone teaches otherwise and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5and constant friction between people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

Yes, but not many are as anointed as David and cannot recognize what is anointed and what isn't. That's the problem.

I think it better to let God gather His and pronounce at the Judgment seat the value of each and all. For a truly Godly person will try to

hide self and bring to light his God Who is everything to him! For no one can look upon the heart and hiding self is understanding there's

no value in being seen... by drawing attention to a self distracts from the full view of God...  Love, Steven