IGNORED

all those free books for kindle....

Guest LadyC

how many of you read on kindle? for years i had quit reading, but lately i've rediscovered how much i love it. and i've also discovered that there are TONS of free books, which has just made it that much better. there's this site called gospelebooks.com (i think) and another, i forget the url, but you can google tattie's christian ebooks, and they provide a daily list of new books that are being given away. most of the books are only free for a day or two, sometimes a week, and then after it goes to its regular price. i've found some really good ones! my favorite so far was called "winter in full bloom". it's about a 40 year old woman with a love/hate relationship with her mother, and then one day finds out that she has a twin sister that she never knew about. the sister though, knows of her, and resents her because their parents had chosen to keep her. long story short, it's a novel about God healing the family wounds. there is some romance in the book too, but it's balanced by the family drama going on. which is good, since i don't like too much sappy stuff.

anyway, if you like to read and you have the kindle app on your phone or tablet, you should check out those two sites. i've downloaded over a hundred books already. even if i didn't download any more, i'd have enough to keep me reading for the rest of the year. oh, and they aren't all fiction books either. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

we get a lot more of the $1.99 books than the free ones, but lately i have been into old history books written in the early 1900's.   a whole different writing style and in many cases a much different viewpoint.  very interesting reading.

i've seen some i would like to purchase, but there's a great selection of freebies so i stick mostly with those. although i DID buy (at full price) i am second. i could have gotten the hardback for under $4 at book closeouts online (which just changed to book outlet), but i was hoping that maybe when my husband has to work on sundays and it's really slow and he just sits around in the truck waiting for a call that he might read some of the testimonies. but nope, he said the screen is too small for his reading comfort. maybe i'll still get the hardback. but in the meantime, i paid nearly ten bucks for the electronic format, and i've enjoyed about half of it so far.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I am a kindle addict. I have over 800 books most of them free on my kindle at this moment. That doesn't include the books i have in my archive. I think I need help

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I like mysteries have a few amish, mennonite ones. I enjoy the classics. There have been some really good finds just be prepared to spend time looking.