IGNORED

The technology that 15% of Americans don't use.....

MorningGlory

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I didn't have internet for over 2 years. I rarely used the library or friends with internet after awhile I didn't even miss it. I have it again because the kids needed it and I am considering my 13 year old going to an online school. It really isn't the end of the world if you don't have internet.

I didn't have internet for over 2 years. I rarely used the library or friends with internet after awhile I didn't even miss it. I have it again because the kids needed it and I am considering my 13 year old going to an online school. It really isn't the end of the world if you don't have internet.

This is true, but it can make life more difficult for those seeking better employment. Much recruiting is done online and with social media now, so not having any kind of internet access can make life difficult in that regard. I've lived much of my life without internet and can do so again, but looking for a better career would be more difficult.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This may apply to other countries as well.  Regardless, this is astounding to me....I don't know of ANYONE, personally, who doesn't use the internet! 

http://news.yahoo.com/do-not-use-internet-140141223.html

Lol, you need to get out more MG. 

But seriously with me it is the opposite. The friends I have at church, and my work colleagues of course, but although South Africa has one of the highest ratio's of cell phone ownership in Africa, and probably the world, the internet is not a big deal, and many people I know don't use it.

Nope.... countries with the most cell phone users:

1.China

2.India

3.United States

Your country Fez is #28

Check the percentage  figures. It stands to reason they have more cell phones they have bigger populations. As a percentage ownership we out strip the USA by about 15%. Most developing countries such as Brazil, Russia and even Egypt do. People own more phones than do people in the USA. And they use them for more diverse purposes like banking and sending money (because people can't get to a bank the technology is developing faster in Africa, India, etc) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_mobile_phones_in_use

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

personally I never get on the internet...that place is dangerous   :grin: