missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

People do not understand mental illness because they do not have it and they do not want to understand it.If a loved one or themselve had a mental illness it would be a different story.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I would say much of mental problems is based on feelings, and feelings and emotions are about the most untrustworthy part of being a human, believing in them as if they are unfaultable and inerrant is half of the problem. just look at the emotion of love, certainly we can all agree that there are times when we don't feel love for people, do we simply say then I'm broken I need a pill to help me love, I'm not happy or I am quick to anger, or I am sad, they are all emotions and not one of them is unfaultable or can be quickly changed with the change of circumstances 

If there really was no way we can  control our emotions then much of the bible was written in vain, because if I kill someone its because I could not control my hate

If I steal something its because I can't control my covetous heart

If I venture into adulterous behaviors its simply because I could not control the love I have for other woman 

the list is endless to what a person can do that has no control over their emotions, but if a pill helps you believe that it controls your emotions then I guess you should take it

as of today there is no conclusive evidence for the term chemical imbalance, its a term used and prescriptions are filled yet none of these drugs have any real scientific evidence they balance anything 

please don't think I don't have a clue to what mental illness is like, I do, I simply refuse to believe it has authority over my life and my emotions, and I've found rebuking negative feelings as if they were lies from the pit of hell a much better approach than medicine, as I can now look back and see depression is an implanted false feeling, especially when you know in your heart that you have absolutely no reason in this world for why you should be depressed

but that's just me, if you like taking pills to change your emotions then more power to you

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  5

I would say much of mental problems is based on feelings, and feelings and emotions are about the most untrustworthy part of being a human, believing in them as if they are unfaultable and inerrant is half of the problem. just look at the emotion of love, certainly we can all agree that there are times when we don't feel love for people, do we simply say then I'm broken I need a pill to help me love, I'm not happy or I am quick to anger, or I am sad, they are all emotions and not one of them is unfaultable or can be quickly changed with the change of circumstances 

If there really was no way we can  control our emotions then much of the bible was written in vain, because if I kill someone its because I could not control my hate

If I venture into adulterous behaviors its simply because I could not control the love I have for other woman 

the list is endless to what a person can do that has no control over their emotions, but if a pill helps you believe that it controls your emotions then I guess you should take it

as of today there is no conclusive evidence for the term chemical imbalance, its a term used and prescriptions are filled yet none of these drugs have any real scientific evidence they balance anything 

please don't think I don't have a clue to what mental illness is like, I do, I simply refuse to believe it has authority over my life and my emotions, and I've found rebuking negative feelings as if they were lies from the pit of hell a much better approach than medicine, as I can now look back and see depression is an implanted false feeling, especially when you know in your heart that you have absolutely no reason in this world for why you should be depressed

but that's just me, if you like taking pills to change your emotions then more power to you

Somehow I think if someone is in the grip of overwhelming clinical depression if they could 'think' their way out of it they would because it is misery. Do you tell schizophrenics to out think it? The brain is a physical organ of the body just like the heart is, why wouldn't you think the brain could go physically wrong also?

I am happy you are able to deal with your situation, the problem is, some people deal with stuff much worse than you do this way. Judging others because you have found ways to cope assumes that same stuff would work for them and I don't know why you'd assume that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,281
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

We all need to be more sensitive to each other. Some have mental issues, some have physical disablilies or abnormalities. People tend to ridicule things they don't understand, or fear them, or pass judgement on them. Public education does a lot more good than "right to privacy." And public safety should be of prime importance. Often today there is good reason to fear. Dangerous children are being mainstreamed in our public schools. The right to privacy act protects them and endangers the public. I have worked with these kids and have been told it was a "need to know basis". That is why a school bus driver is now in chronic pain and partlially disabled after being severely beaten and kicked in the head, neck, spine, ribs and spleen by a student. She was not warned to never tap him on the shoulder to get his attention. She was returnning something he had dropped. Public education is part of the answer and the right to privacy is often part of the problem.

I used to work with special needs children, and they are as guilty of mocking each other for their disabilities as other children. Of course I was in the position of trying to explain that we are all different and everyone has something wrong with them. No one is perfect, especially the people who think they are. So we all should be kind to each other. Often it is these children that have so much to give and to teach us. And they are often most rewarding to work with.

But the kids who are sociopaths and those in the drugs scene are some of the most unpredictable. We also had to deal with children who are sexual predators but were never warned to keep them seperate or to be wary. I personally don't think these children should be mainstreamed. Public safety should be first concern.

but if a pill helps you believe that it controls your emotions then I guess you should take it

Tell that to a person with bipolar disorder. lol, come on man, and you're wrong about evidence. There is plenty of evidence. You just need to research more and learn more. Better yet, tell Maurice Benard the pills don't work. :duh:

Somehow I think if someone is in the grip of overwhelming clinical depression if they could 'think' their way out of it they would because it is misery. Do you tell schizophrenics to out think it? The brain is a physical organ of the body just like the heart is, why wouldn't you think the brain could go physically wrong also?

I am happy you are able to deal with your situation, the problem is, some people deal with stuff much worse than you do this way. Judging others because you have found ways to cope assumes that same stuff would work for them and I don't know why you'd assume that.

I think if you read my post again you will see  I didn't judge anyone I just gave my opinion, you must consider one very important fact of the American Medical Association and all other Medical schools and institutions for learning and practicing medicine, none of them believe in spiritual and demonic illnesses and behaviors, that are clearly shown to exist in the bible. 

this is a huge part of reality to simply over look and pretend it doesn't exist

It would be like pretending my car had no need for oil and I just kept running it, each time it breaks down I replace parts but I never fix the problem.

the Medical world does not acknowledge God or demons, it denies the possibility of spiritual affliction, so it simply medicates the symptoms and yes people are happier on the medication, it does seem to work, I'd be happy to if I were taking mood altering drugs, why do you think there is a drug epidemic? people really like to feel good by simply taking a pill

but if a pill helps you believe that it controls your emotions then I guess you should take it

Tell that to a person with bipolar disorder. lol, come on man, and you're wrong about evidence. There is plenty of evidence. You just need to research more and learn more. Better yet, tell Maurice Benard the pills don't work. :duh:

yes pills change your mood and the way you feel, I have no doubt that people who suffer from mood swings do not feel better taking a mood altering drug I'm sure they do! no there is no conclusive evidence of the term "chemical imbalance"  they can't determine what chemicals are lacking and what ones are needed and where and when they should be any certain place in your brain  its simply terminology they use when they have no idea what's really wrong with you, and for the lack words they say "you must have a chemical imbalance" next time your at the doctor ask him what chemicals are out of balance and how the drug he is prescribing works to balance them.........Its a really funny look he'll give you

We all need to be more sensitive to each other. Some have mental issues, some have physical disablilies or abnormalities. People tend to ridicule things they don't understand, or fear them, or pass judgement on them. Public education does a lot more good than "right to privacy." And public safety should be of prime importance. Often today there is good reason to fear. Dangerous children are being mainstreamed in our public schools. The right to privacy act protects them and endangers the public. I have worked with these kids and have been told it was a "need to know basis". That is why a school bus driver is now in chronic pain and partlially disabled after being severely beaten and kicked in the head, neck, spine, ribs and spleen by a student. She was not warned to never tap him on the shoulder to get his attention. She was returnning something he had dropped. Public education is part of the answer and the right to privacy is often part of the problem.

I used to work with special needs children, and they are as guilty of mocking each other for their disabilities as other children. Of course I was in the position of trying to explain that we are all different and everyone has something wrong with them. No one is perfect, especially the people who think they are. So we all should be kind to each other. Often it is these children that have so much to give and to teach us. And they are often most rewarding to work with.

But the kids who are sociopaths and those in the drugs scene are some of the most unpredictable. We also had to deal with children who are sexual predators but were never warned to keep them seperate or to be wary. I personally don't think these children should be mainstreamed. Public safety should be first concern.

I would say taking God out of the equation and the possibility of spiritual and demonic attachments is like practicing medicine without a grasp of true reality, and that goes both ways, I am sure not all mental illnesses are spiritual or demonic so you would not want a doctor who only believes you got a demon, the perfect Doctor would be Doctor Luke the apostle

I think if you read my post again you will see  I didn't judge anyone I just gave my opinion, you must consider one very important fact of the American Medical Association and all other Medical schools and institutions for learning and practicing medicine, none of them believe in spiritual and demonic illnesses and behaviors, that are clearly shown to exist in the bible. 

It would be like pretending my car had no need for oil and I just kept running it, each time it breaks down I replace parts but I never fix the problem.

the Medical world does not acknowledge God or demons, it denies the possibility of spiritual affliction, so it simply medicates the symptoms and yes people are happier on the medication, it does seem to work, I'd be happy to if I were taking mood altering drugs, why do you think there is a drug epidemic? people really like to feel good by simply taking a pill

If you truly believe depression is demonic, then you must admit that Satan can be overcome with a pill.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  5

Here's a question for you Michael, why does it matter if people take pills? If they are informed and know the possible risks of it, and still choose to do it, who cares anyway? That's aside from the serious mental health issue even.