• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

11/08/2013 @ 6:04AM |31,621 views

Fact-Checking The President's Kind-Of Sort-Of 'Apology' For Obamacare-Driven Insurance Cancellations

Avik Roy, Contributor

Yesterday, in an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd, President Obama addressed the problems caused by his incessantly-repeated pledge to the American public that “if you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what.” As millions of Americans receive cancellation letters in the mail, however, that pledge looked increasingly strained. “I am sorry that they, you know, are finding themselves in this situation, based on assurances they got from me,” the President said last night. In the course of his interview, however, Mr. Obama made several other misleading statements that don’t accurately reflect Obamacare’s impact on pre-existing health insurance plans.

Read here

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i have another question

we are told that the insurance company can't refuse to sell you a policy if you have pre existing conditions.  does the insurance company have to pay for that existing problem???  or can they cover any new problems but not existing.

Guest shiloh357

i have another question

we are told that the insurance company can't refuse to sell you a policy if you have pre existing conditions.  does the insurance company have to pay for that existing problem???  or can they cover any new problems but not existing.

The point behind this is that they have to pay for your pre-existing condition which is why, in part, the premiums and deductibles are going through the roof.   If you have an advanced stage of cancer that is going to cost  tens of thousands in treatments, they have to cover you know under the ACA.  That means that all of these people with high dollar treatments  that didn't have insurance before will have to be covered and the cost is passed on to the rest of us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

i have another question

The point behind this is that they have to pay for your pre-existing condition which is why, in part, the premiums and deductibles are going through the roof.   If you have an advanced stage of cancer that is going to cost  tens of thousands in treatments, they have to cover you know under the ACA.  That means that all of these people with high dollar treatments  that didn't have insurance before will have to be covered and the cost is passed on to the rest of us.

In my experience as an RN, doctor's do not usually treat advanced or terminally ill cancer patients aggressively with thousands of treatments.  These types of patients are usually put  into a Hospice program, where they are given comfort, pain relieving  care only, which as compared with aggressive care, is relatively inexpensive.