Dionysus

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, I had some questions about the crucifixion of Jesus. I have asked this question before and have received multiple answers and none of them seemed to make since to me.

I understand the concept that Jesus died on the cross to forgive us of sin. As I have been told the sacrifice of Jesus lifted original sin from mankind. Original sin as I take is from the fall of Adam. The curse of painful child birth and having to work the field for food ect. But none of that has changed. We are still sinners and full of sin and the curse is still upon humanity.

Also I have been told that no one could get into heaven before Jesus died. Some say Noah, Moses, Abraham and company did not go to heaven because they were pre Jesus and therefore unable to accept Jesus as their salvation. A few claim that the above mentioned did go to heaven. If that is the case and people were able to go to heaven before Christ, why the need for a sacrifice?  

I have other questions about the sacrifice made by Jesus but this is the root of it. Just hoping for some clarity and who better to ask? :thumbsup: 

Thank you!  

Sorry if this thread has been done before but I didn’t see it listed.

Simply

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.1 Corinthians 15:20-26

Freedom

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

~

Can You Hear Him

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Yet?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

~!

Read Hebrews 11

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. Hebrews 11:1-8

Dionysus, on 11 Nov 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Hello, I had some questions about the crucifixion of Jesus. I have asked this question before and have received multiple answers and none of them seemed to make since to me.

I understand the concept that Jesus died on the cross to forgive us of sin. As I have been told the sacrifice of Jesus lifted original sin from mankind. Original sin as I take is from the fall of Adam. The curse of painful child birth and having to work the field for food ect. But none of that has changed. We are still sinners and full of sin and the curse is still upon humanity.

Jesus’ sacrifice paid the price ( was propitiatory ) for our sins but the curse isn’t lifted until the Creation is restored in the new Earth.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 22:3-4  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:  (4)  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Also I have been told that no one could get into heaven before Jesus died. Some say Noah, Moses, Abraham and company did not go to heaven because they were pre Jesus and therefore unable to accept Jesus as their salvation. A few claim that the above mentioned did go to heaven. If that is the case and people were able to go to heaven before Christ, why the need for a sacrifice?  

There are many people who were faithful to God and died before Jesus paid the price for their salvation. Jesus’ sacrifice and resurrection is applied to all people faithful to God  from the foundation of the World.  OT Saints looked forward to the resurrection in the same way we do..        

Heb_11:13  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Heb 11:39-40  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:  (40)  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dionysus,

Welcome to Worthy and God bless you...Fresno Joe has provided you with excellent scripture that should answer your question & ninhao has made the same answer even more simple......the answer should always be the same....it is not a matter of interpretation,those saints of the old testament believed in the same promise of the seed to come which was fulfilled by "Jesus".....they believed in the same God of the Bible & in Jesus.(Father & Son are One)...also refer to Gen 15:5,Romans 4:3 and Luke chapter 16

Pray for the Wisdom & Understanding given by the power of the Holy Spirit when reading the Bible,God will reveal Himself & All Truth to you when you ask Him.......Jesus,the Word of God was with God from the beginning(from everlasting to everlasting)and is God,so long before man was even created Salvation through faith in Jesus & by Gods grace was in place ....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  12

"Jesus’ sacrifice paid the price ( was propitiatory ) for our sins but the curse isn’t lifted until the Creation is restored in the new Earth.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 22:3-4  And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:  (4)  And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

Thank you for your response! It makes more since now that I have the puzzle piece in revelations. So the "reward" of sacrificing Jesus hasn’t kicked in yet?

Guest shiloh357

Those who have gone to heaven prior to Jesus dying on the cross had to go through Jesus the same as us.   The difference is in perspective.  They trusted in the Messiah to come, and we trust in the same Messiah who came.    They were looking forward to what Jesus would do on the cross.  We look back at what Jesus did on the cross.  So it's fundamentally the same thing.  Salvation in the Old Testament was by grace through faith just like it is today, but with a different vantage point.

As for your comments about original sin and painful childbirth.   It is important to understand that Jesus sacrifice has redeemed us from the curse of the Law (Ga. 3:13).  The curse of the law is separation from God and the consequences that come from that separtion.  Sin is spiritual death or separation from God.  Jesus has redeemed from the bondage of sin and death.

However, painful childbirth, working by the sweat of the brow, thorns and thistles, are a different matter.  Those are the physical consequence of the fall.  We are redeemed rom the curse of the law, but we are not redeemed from the curse of the fall, at least not yet.  We will not realize the physcial benefits of Jesus' work on the cross until we receive our new glorified bodies when Jesus returns.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Dionysus!

I try to keep it simple(praise Jesus & glory to God)....yeah,you got it-lol!!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18

Jesus is currently setting up his kingdom. He will return and take his place as Ruler and All of the promises will be fulfilled. We are currently in old bodies, subjected to death. Our spirits, however, are not. When our new bodies are given to us we will be free from all sin.

AMEN!!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

Jesus has held off out of his mercy.  If he'd took up his kingdom 2000 years ago neither you or I'd been born and saved.

I'd wager to say we're running low on time.  We're living in a time now that is fullfilling Bible prophecy on a daily basis.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Romans 3:23-26 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Romans 3:28 therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:3 For what does the scriptures say? Abraham believed God and it was accounted for him as rightousness. Now to him that works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted to him as righteousness.

5:8-9 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Much more then, having been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.