• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Dionysus,

Was Jesus with the Father before his physical existence?

If this is true then does it not answer your query of those that were born before Jesus?

Why would we think the 'sins' of our heritage was not forgiven with Jesus' mission?

Humanity's challenge is this living school, do you think it would be a loving Father's will?

What would be  the state of humanity had Jesus not been placed on the cross, was that the purpose or was the purpose to follow the will of the Father and teach that by example?

Something to think about even if the answers are mute.

Seumas

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken. 1 Kings 18:34

Yeshua, Yeshua, Yeshua

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

How Sweet The Sound Is His Name

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

~

Was Jesus with the Father before his physical existence?

If this is true then does it not answer your query of those that were born before Jesus?

:thumbsup:

Before Creation

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

And Before

And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. Galatians 3:8–9 (ESV)

His Birth

I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and pin you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” Genesis 12:3 (ESV)

He Is Salvation

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. Isaiah 51:6

~

Why would we think the 'sins' of our heritage was not forgiven with Jesus' mission?

Humanity's challenge is this living school, do you think it would be a loving Father's will?

Heirlooms

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2 (NIV)

And The The Father's School

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. John 6:28-29

~

What would be  the state of humanity had Jesus not been placed on the cross, was that the purpose or was the purpose to follow the will of the Father and teach that by example?

Without Jesus

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

And His Cross

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Galatians 6:14

We Will Suffer The Wrath Of God

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/29/1963

God's nature is such that He cannot tolerate sin. Atonement must be made for sin. The Mosaic law provided for an elaborate scheme of atonement but the purpose was to show how futile man's efforts on his own behalf were.

The crucifixion of Jesus was the ultimate atonement for sin. "For by a single sacrifice, He has made pure those who are being made holy." Hebrews 10:14.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

The old testament teaches life after death and that all people went to a place of conscious existence called Shoel.The wicked were there Psalm 9:17,31:17;49:14;Isaiah 5:14,and so were the righteous Genesis 37:35;Job 14;13.The new testament equivalent of Shoel is Hades to be divided into two places;a place of comfort where Lazarus was and a place of torment where the rich man was.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

When Jesus shed His blood on the cross, he did away with the old covenant requirements for the continual sacrifices of animals.

I highly recommend the book by Charles R Swindoll. Jesus: The Greatest Life of All.

-- The author introduces you to the carpenter from Nazareth. Through biblical and historian insights on a journey of Jesus Birth, teaching, healing, death and resurrection. I love his books, well written and easy to read.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Hello, I had some questions about the crucifixion of Jesus. I have asked this question before and have received multiple answers and none of them seemed to make since to me.

I understand the concept that Jesus died on the cross to forgive us of sin. As I have been told the sacrifice of Jesus lifted original sin from mankind. Original sin as I take is from the fall of Adam. The curse of painful child birth and having to work the field for food ect. But none of that has changed. We are still sinners and full of sin and the curse is still upon humanity.

Also I have been told that no one could get into heaven before Jesus died. Some say Noah, Moses, Abraham and company did not go to heaven because they were pre Jesus and therefore unable to accept Jesus as their salvation. A few claim that the above mentioned did go to heaven. If that is the case and people were able to go to heaven before Christ, why the need for a sacrifice?  

I have other questions about the sacrifice made by Jesus but this is the root of it. Just hoping for some clarity and who better to ask? :thumbsup: 

Thank you!  

Sorry if this thread has been done before but I didn’t see it listed.

Jesus is love 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Jesus preached to those guys (Abraham, David, Moses, etc) when He was in the belly of the Earth (Hell) and they accepted Him as the Savior and are all there in Heaven now.

What Jesus did on the cross was for the individual - in other words, no one can make the decision for you - it has to be YOU that decides to jump in and receive Jesus as Lord and Savior right now today. And since it is on an individual basis, everything He released at the cross for you (being redeemed from the curse of the Law (meaning everything in it that you can read in Deuteronomy 28:15-68) is for YOU personally to appropriate and walk in. The redemption from poverty, sickness, disease, etc has already been purchased, but like giving someone a car, until they take possession of it and start driving it around, they'll still be walking like everyone else...Sin, while entirely forgiven already for all mankind, has to be taken care of by the individual, through the reception of the forgiveness of sins that Jesus has done for you, which none of us could ever do. Because the only sin that is left that has a penalty from God is the rejection of what Jesus has done for you in forgiving all your sins. Don't leave up to God what He has left up to you - receive Jesus today and be reconciled to God. He's there waiting for you right now.

But if you're trying to make it compute in your mind before you believe in Jesus you are wasting your time - Jesus is after your heart, and He's knocking on it right now, to invite you to know God personally today and come into fellowship and the Holy Trinity, being made One with Jesus. It is a wonderful, indescribable thing that I hope you'll take advantage of right now. What are you waiting for? Nothing's stopping you, come on :)