IGNORED

Can every Believer be rich/blessed/favored/speak-in-tongues/be healed?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

This is a spinoff subject that came up in this thread:

1.Can every Believer be rich/blessed/favored/speak-in-tongues/be healed?

2. Is there a Biblical guarantee for these things?

3. Is there Biblical backing where all this is allowed/available to a Christian?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

GE the point was missed on whether or not every Believer can be rich/blessed/favored/tongue-talking/victory-walking/healing...

You say not every Believer is guaranteed any of these things, that God is the One who chooses whether or not a Believer can be/have any of these things. Well, that just isn't the case:

Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18 that ALL Believers would speak in tongues. There is no way out of that - it cannot be explained away - so either Jesus is lying or what you said about tongues is not true. Jesus said ALL Believers, tongues.

As for riches for every Believer: the word blessing means empowered to prosper; part of prosperity IS riches (money), there is no getting around that. Gal 3:13-14 says we used to be cursed, now we're blessed with the blessing of Abraham (why does God say Abraham unless we're supposed to be expected to be blessed just like Abraham? And Abraham was the wealthiest guy in the world - gold and silver and possessions and servants and herds, etc). So again, there is no way around this.

Performing healing being for ALL Believers is found in Mark 16:17-18 again, there is no way around that either. As well, Jesus said ANYONE who believes in Him would do ALL the same things He has done and greater - so again, there is no way to understand that other than ALL Believers can do it!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings CurseoftheRodain,

Actually the Word blessing means Gods favor/promoting happiness(short definition).....and of course God can prosper a man financially but true prosperity & riches have nothing to do with money....this is why Jesus warned us how hard it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God....His Word is the treasure.....

And I am sure what I am about to add may cause a bit of controversy but it has since the second century.......Any good reliable Bible translation will always note at the end of Marks Gospel that in the final chapter verses 9-20 may be a later addition. The oldest and most respected manuscripts end with the 8th verse,Codex Sinaiticus & Codex Vaticanus.Fourth Century Eusebius noted that all the Greek manuscripts did not contain verses nine through twenty,There is a great probability that it was not even written by Mark as there is no continuity from the 8th verse to the ninth and the word usage is unlike the rest of the entire Gospel.....just a thought

With love in Christ-Kwik

And every believer is NOT guaranteed healing ,Gods Word says that God will have Mercy on who He will have Mercy on......He is not a genie in a lantern ,there to grant your every wish

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

And every believer is NOT guaranteed healing ,Gods Word says that God will have Mercy on who He will have Mercy on......He is not a genie in a lantern ,there to grant your every wish

Yes, I would agree with you sister. I believe Scripture would agree as well. :thumbsup:

Ex. 33:19

19 And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The Lord.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

Rom. 9:15

15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”

Guest shiloh357

As for riches for every Believer: the word blessing means empowered to prosper; part of prosperity IS riches (money), there is no getting around that. Gal 3:13-14 says we used to be cursed, now we're blessed with the blessing of Abraham (why does God say Abraham unless we're supposed to be expected to be blessed just like Abraham? And Abraham was the wealthiest guy in the world - gold and silver and possessions and servants and herds, etc). So again, there is no way around this.

The problem here is that Gal. 3:13-14 is talking about the curse of the law. The curse of the law is spiritual death.  We are not redeemed from poverty or sickness.  Poverty and sickness are not the curse of the law.  The curse of the law is separation from God and Jesus died to pay the death penalty of sin.  He did not die to make us rich and he did not die so that we would never be sick anymore. 

The blessing of Abraham mentioned by Paul is not wealth or health.  The blessing of Abraham according to Paul (he is referenceing Gen. 22 and the blessing pronounced on Abraham after Isaac was rescued from being sacrificed, was that God would bless the nations through him.  To be blessed doesn't mean that everyone is promised wealth and prosperity.  You are looking at the word incorrectly.  The blessing had to with salvation from sin, not wealth and health.

Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18 that ALL Believers would speak in tongues. There is no way out of that - it cannot be explained away - so either Jesus is lying or what you said about tongues is not true. Jesus said ALL Believers, tongues.

The text doesn't say that at all.

Performing healing being for ALL Believers is found in Mark 16:17-18 again, there is no way around that either. As well, Jesus said ANYONE who believes in Him would do ALL the same things He has done and greater - so again, there is no way to understand that other than ALL Believers can do it!

If that is true, why does Kenneth Hagin Jr.  still have to wear contacts/eyeglasses?

Why doesn't Benny Hinn walk into hospitals all over the nation and bring healing  every Christian that is there?  I mean Jesus went to where the sick were and healed them.  Why don't people like Hinn do the same?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

GE the point was missed on whether or not every Believer can be rich/blessed/favored/tongue-talking/victory-walking/healing...

You say not every Believer is guaranteed any of these things, that God is the One who chooses whether or not a Believer can be/have any of these things. Well, that just isn't the case:

Nope, read it with other scripture, it is always a good idea to test scripture against scripture.

1Co 12:10  to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 
1Co 12:11  All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I do not think/believe that every believer ... that is EVERY believer...speaks in tongues or exhibits every spiritual gift or becomes wealthy.

here is an interesting verse: Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.  III John 1:2

It appears, to me, that there may be an underlying principal to the blessing of God and that our spiritual health (understanding that soul does not mean spirit, but rather the character, the person if you will) reflects what is going on in the physical aspects of our lives.  I think it would be wrong to state, as some believe, that every Christian has a RIGHT to the blessings of God when each and every step of the way, God basically tells us that in order for this (whatever Biblical subject) to be good, something else must be paid attention to, obeyed, fulfilled.  

Further, sometimes a person becomes ill and dies with no reason anyone can point to.  They have led a life pleasing to God and yet they die young or meet a tragic end.  That happens all the time.  You cannot explain that fact away with they did not have enough faith or they were cursed rather than blessed.

Just like we accept the sacrificial death of Christ on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins, just as an exchange occurred because of Christ's death...that is, He died and took upon Himself all the sins of mankind so that we, in exchange, might be set free from the curse of the law (death through disobedience and the inability to fulfill the law in its perfection), even so, now, we obey in order to receive...it is not a reward that God offers...it is that God cannot break His word and there are consequences for sin and an unresolved life even for a believer...and in order to receive from God, we must put aside the things that hinder and that cause us to sin...as Paul teaches in the NT.

There is no possible guarantee as God is under no obligation to anyone.  We are, rather, under obligation to Him.  I believe God does want to fulfill us in Him in this life....but too many seem to think and or believe, they have a RIGHT as though God would indulge everyone and just grant them 3 wishes..... health, wealth and happy marriages.   This is a sinful and fallen world and we are selfish and self seeking children....if anyone looks around, they will clearly see that not every believer lives some enchanted life and some that do, I believe, very probably may well have their reward already as they have used the gospel to become rich rather than given it away.  

It is just not very insightful to say every believer should prosper.  How about the American Pastor still in an Iranian prison for preaching the gospel?  And so many other Christians around the world suffering and dying for their faith.  I believe many of their souls do in fact prosper, well some, who think they are rich, have very small black and shriveled souls.

Please do not take my response as personal.  It is not meant that way.  Just my observations as I have lived on this planet as a Christian from a very young age, been through a good number of trials and even tried to stop believing because of Christians misrepresenting the God they say they serve.

Yes, I do speak in tongues, I am not wealthy but not wanting, I am blessed in some areas that I may not even think of off the top of my head, but I know God answers prayer and He does not always give us what we want, but if we are true of heart before Him, He will give us what we need and sometimes we might just stop wanting what it is we thought we 'needed' so much.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

3. Is there Biblical backing where all this is allowed/available to a Christian?

1.  Truthfully, if they can, they certainly are not.  But I don't think there is an indicaton in scripture that everything applies to everyone.  We don't see that in the lives of believers in the New Testament at all.

If everyone was rich and propserous, then why were collections made?  Why were they feeding orphans and widows and so on?  I honestly do not understand how this gospel of prosperity finds its

mandate in scripture.

2. If there is, I'd like to see it.  I would display to God every morning and night.  No, I think not.

3. I think I pretty much outlined in my post #7 how I believe and understand these things.  I am sure that alot of discussion can be had to clairify and so on, and plenty of scripture quoted, but

I think, as God takes us each as individuals, that our lives should be examined by ourselves in the same manner and we should probably stop wanting what the Jones Christians have.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

This is why I signed up so....it better be yes?

(I joke!)

The problem here is that Gal. 3:13-14 is talking about the curse of the law. The curse of the law is spiritual death.  We are not redeemed from poverty or sickness.  Poverty and sickness are not the curse of the law.  The curse of the law is separation from God and Jesus died to pay the death penalty of sin.  He did not die to make us rich and he did not die so that we would never be sick anymore. 

The blessing of Abraham mentioned by Paul is not wealth or health.  The blessing of Abraham according to Paul (he is referenceing Gen. 22 and the blessing pronounced on Abraham after Isaac was rescued from being sacrificed, was that God would bless the nations through him.  To be blessed doesn't mean that everyone is promised wealth and prosperity.  You are looking at the word incorrectly.  The blessing had to with salvation from sin, not wealth and health.

The text doesn't say that at all.

If that is true, why does Kenneth Hagin Jr.  still have to wear contacts/eyeglasses?

Why doesn't Benny Hinn walk into hospitals all over the nation and bring healing  every Christian that is there?  I mean Jesus went to where the sick were and healed them.  Why don't people like Hinn do the same?

Thanks, Shiloh for making that point about Hagin & Hinn. I've thought the same for many years. :thumbsup: