IGNORED

Can every Believer be rich/blessed/favored/speak-in-tongues/be healed?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1.No

2.No

3.No

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to all,

I totally respect others beliefs and how these beliefs have come into being...We are taken from death to life...I totally respect that God in all His Soverienty is not in "time" and we are...and that some things take longer than others for us to live through and experience...perhaps our hearts need supernatural surgeries, so to speak...to say that anything is not possible goes against God's Word that says: "All things are possible."

What I believe is that I can live everything that is in The Bible...everything...and I can have what anyone had...I no longer feel deprived..."coveting"...and I refuse to believe or tell someone that all things aren't possible...What is easier to believe? A God that just picks out certain ones? Or a God that Gives New Life? Just curious...Isn't everything possible?

I Know God is Holy...I know His Ways Aren't Our Ways...But By Golly...When You Give Up Your Own Life Just Like Jesus...You Don't Even Look Like Yourself Anymore!!! And By Golly!!! Everything In The Bible is Possible!!! I've seen more supernatural miracles...and grateful...but there was a time when I wondered...Just Because You Haven't Walked In It YET Doesn't Mean It's Not Possible!!!

You Haven't Been Healed Yet? Are You Still Believing You Can Be or have you just accepted that you haven't been picked to be healed...Oh my...Do you dare to think that God could work everything for good and entrust you with millions? I think that insults God and everything He did to save us if you don't believe it's possible...I have been on what I thought and what felt like death's door over and over again...only to be brought back to life over and over and over again!!!

Yes, I have lived in somewhat of poverty (although-poverty in this country is nothing like others) but nonetheless...I have seen non-believing relatives waste thousands of dollars because they can...and have realized that my condition is totally dependent on God...The Power to get wealth is from God...and believe me having walked from darkness, the natural, into His Light, the spiritual and super-natural, while still on this earth and in this life...I have waited on God to be able to have wealth to help myself and others...Waited on Him for what He wants these hands to do for Him!!! Waited on Him to change my heart concerning money and it's use...I have tried this and that at times...I seen doors close-shut up so tight-that was it!!! I've waited!!! And just today!!! Some know what I've written...And Today Another Piece of The Puzzle Has Been Revealed!!! I Got Word of Something New That Has Been Built in my city (I mean it's like it went up overnight) and I saw this being built like 6 months ago-in my spirit!!! I could see it like a vision and I said it out my mouth!!! This is the venue!!! I have waited on God!!! Oh dear...Tell me...just tell me something...Tell me God is not amongst the living!!! on the earth!!! Healing the sick...Doing this and that...

In my humble opinion...If I can't believe anything and everything is possible with God...There is no hope for me!!! And thousands and thousands of others...I've been at this many many years...like I say not a real good Bible Scholar-what happened to me was The Words Would Come out of my mouth or came to my heart and then I would find them in The Bible later...that proved to me that God knew me before I was born...His Words came alive in me the second I was born-again...

Again...I humbly respect others beliefs...but please respect my beliefs...because somehow it's real sad when God is put in a box...There is a real difference in The Body...

Oh...I have heard testimony where pastors that were very skeptical were anointed with oil and taken to a hospital to lay hands on the sick...I heard every one got up off their sick bed...Testimony from Benny Hinn's mouth...believe it or not...I am happy for the ones healed...They probably started Seeking God with their whole hearts after that...

But Jesus looked at them, and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God All Things Are Possible"...Matthew 19:26

I can even see in this verse going from carnal or the natural (with men) and into the SuperNatural with God...Amazing...How God can change our hearts and give us a new spirit and we don't think like we used to...we don't have to be conformed to this world...anymore...even while we live here...Much love to you as always In Him...

Guest shiloh357

Much love to all,

I totally respect others beliefs and how these beliefs have come into being...We are taken from death to life...I totally respect that God in all His Soverienty is not in "time" and we are...and that some things take longer than others for us to live through and experience...perhaps our hearts need supernatural surgeries, so to speak...to say that anything is not possible goes against God's Word that says: "All things are possible."

<snip>

It's not an issue of what is possible or not possible.  The issue is what the Bible says God will or will not do. We are not doubting what is possible with God, at all.  Anything is possible with God.  But the issue is what is God willing or likely to do.  God is under no obligation to heal everyone and He doesn't.  Sometimes, the greatest testimonies of faith come from people like Joni Erikson Tada.

It's not an issue of what is possible or not possible.  The issue is what the Bible says God will or will not do. We are not doubting what is possible with God, at all.  Anything is possible with God.  But the issue is what is God willing or likely to do.  God is under no obligation to heal everyone and He doesn't.  Sometimes, the greatest testimonies of faith come from people like Joni Erikson Tada.

Your reply reminded me of something:

Sometimes people are not healed for reasons we will not understand on this side of eternity. God is sovreign, and will do as He decides to do. As someone dying of cancer once told me, "Death is just a change of address for the believer. I'm going home to be with Jesus soon -- and that's healing enough for me."

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

1. Ephesians 2:7
    that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
    Ephesians 2:6-8 (in Context) Ephesians 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Ephesians 3:8
    [ Purpose of the Mystery ] To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
    Ephesians 3:7-9 (in Context) Ephesians 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. Philippians 4:19
    And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 4:18-20 (in Context) Philippians 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. Colossians 1:27
    To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
    Colossians 1:26-28 (in Context) Colossians 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  5. Colossians 2:2
    that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
    Colossians 2:1-3 (in Context) Colossians 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  6. Hebrews 11:26
    esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
    Hebrews 11:25-27 (in Context) Hebrews 11 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

All these spiritual riches are available for us; more true and worthy treasures than anything this world can provide.  Just ask the Father.  Ask.

Guest shiloh357

The problem with the health and wealth "gospel" is that you don't have to be a Christian to want either health or wealth.  The average unbeliever wants the same things.   Jesus died to save us from the bondage of sin.  Jesus didn't die so we could have bigger houses, better cars, expensive clothes and fancy vacations.   There is nothing wrong with having those things, but Jesus did not suffer such agony on the cross and shed His very blood to satisfy your carnal desires and ambitions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

Amen to that Shiloh.....Post cancer & post chemo/radiation has left me in a bit of a physical mess,sometimes the pain and suffering is worse than the cancer itself was.....and that is the moral of the story for me(see the parallel?)I was spared,I am alive to testify & give God glory...I live!

Christ did not take our place , pay our debt  and suffer everything He did that we should be financially well off & live for temporal things but to live eternally(with Him)....and we are to testify of Gods Grace

With love,in Chvrist-Kwik

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Joni Eareckson Tada is a wonderful testimony of how God can use difficult circumstances to bring glory to His name. :thumbsup:

For those of you who don't know her story read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Eareckson_Tada

As a teenager, Tada enjoyed riding horses, hiking, tennis, and swimming. On July 30, 1967, she dove into Chesapeake Bay after misjudging the shallowness of the water. She suffered a fracture between the fourth and fifth cervical levels and became a quadriplegic, paralysed from the shoulders down.

During her two years of rehabilitation, according to her autobiography, she experienced anger, depression, suicidal thoughts, and religious doubts. However, Tada learned to paint with a brush between her teeth, and began selling her artwork. To date, she has written over forty books, recorded several musical albums, starred in an autobiographical movie of her life, and is an advocate for disabled people.[1]

Tada wrote of her experiences in her 1976 international best-selling autobiography, Joni, The unforgettable story of a young woman's struggle against quadriplegia & depression, which has been distributed in many languages. The book was made into a 1979 feature film of the same name, starring herself. Her second book, A Step Further, was released in 1978.

She married Ken Tada in 1982. In 2010, she announced that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer. She emerged successfully from cancer surgery and is hopeful of a positive prognosis.

Tada is a conference speaker. Her articles have been published in Christianity Today, Today’s Christian Woman, The War Cry (Salvation Army), and newspapers around the world. Tada has appeared four times on Larry King Live.

Tada is the author of over 48 books on the subjects of disability and Christianity.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

The problem with the health and wealth "gospel" is that you don't have to be a Christian to want either health or wealth.  The average unbeliever wants the same things.   Jesus died to save us from the bondage of sin.  Jesus didn't die so we could have bigger houses, better cars, expensive clothes and fancy vacations.   There is nothing wrong with having those things, but Jesus did not suffer such agony on the cross and shed His very blood to satisfy your carnal desires and ambitions.

Blessings Everyone

Amen to that Shiloh.....Post cancer & post chemo/radiation has left me in a bit of a physical mess,sometimes the pain and suffering is worse than the cancer itself was.....and that is the moral of the story for me(see the parallel?)I was spared,I am alive to testify & give God glory...I live!

Christ did not take our place , pay our debt  and suffer everything He did that we should be financially well off & live for temporal things but to live eternally(with Him)....and we are to testify of Gods Grace

With love,in Chvrist-Kwik

1. Ephesians 2:7
    that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
    Ephesians 2:6-8 (in Context) Ephesians 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Ephesians 3:8
    [ Purpose of the Mystery ] To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
    Ephesians 3:7-9 (in Context) Ephesians 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. Philippians 4:19
    And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
    Philippians 4:18-20 (in Context) Philippians 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. Colossians 1:27
    To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
    Colossians 1:26-28 (in Context) Colossians 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  5. Colossians 2:2
    that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ,
    Colossians 2:1-3 (in Context) Colossians 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  6. Hebrews 11:26
    esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward.
    Hebrews 11:25-27 (in Context) Hebrews 11 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

All these spiritual riches are available for us; more true and worthy treasures than anything this world can provide.  Just ask the Father.  Ask.

It is the spiritual that Paul was concentrating on, not the physical or material... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much much love to you and respect...

I do not take not one iota from anyone's testimony...I know of Joni Eareckson Tada's full testimony along with her husband...Incredible what they endure every single day of their lives...Along with the young gentleman that has done more for God around the world than many of us could ever do...The young gentleman, Nick Vujicic, born with no arms and no legs...and appears very content!!! 

And I agree they have helped encourage many many thousands!!! Giving God all The Glory!!! It was and still is as with us all, a long hard road...even with the totally abled...we go through long hard roads having our hearts softened, changed, etc.

I've thought even about one particular thing alot...Having lived through what I've lived through...believing and seeing God's miracles...etc. etc. I stood up on a bridge at about 16 or 17 or so (can't remember the exact age I was)...drunk...and jumped...there is a young man that I know of in my city that jumped from the same bridge and was in a wheelchair...Someone pointed him out to me one time...that's been many years ago...

But what would you say if all of a sudden God healed them? Joni Eareckson Tado stood up and walked? Nick's arms and legs grew out totally to full length and he could walk...What would our dialogue be then?

Do I believe it's possible...Yes I do...What has happened to me is I acknowledge and encourage my fellow human beings to Hope...regardless...of what it looks like...Having faith in God...I refuse to doubt and I will not waiver-I go to God expecting...I have learned that nothing...I mean nothing is in stone-not withstanding the 10 commandments...Hahaha...You know what I mean...I have seen things appear one way for a very long time and then God changes His mind!!! Perhaps...as with one General of the Faith...Smith Wigglesworth-his life shows so much...wasn't called until something like 65 years old!!! There have been many that have carried The Anointing of God that have gone through horrible personal tragedies...(Just as Job-losing wife and children to death and many other well known Pastors going through things) I have no doubt His Will is to Heal...I've used this verse before and it seems appropriate here...John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 

So what does a person do with The Gift of Faith...One of the Nine Gifts of The Holy Spirit...(among others of which I can not escape and certainly don't want to) and I certainly can't keep quiet...I see Jesus being beaten and bruised with an instrument that was so vile that it was like these (I've heard a teaching on it-but it has been a long time ago) hard steel balls or something like with claws almost-at the end of like leather thongs...and every time He was beaten it tore His flesh...and there were 39 "stripes" each one representing our sicknesses and diseases...There are 39 categories of sicknesses and diseases...He carried our sicknesses and diseases...was beaten so badly that He was unrecognizable...this is why I see it as a insult to God...not to continue and receive healing...and why do we go to Him? For Healing...For Salvation...For Blessed Assurance...I see Him going into the bowels of the earth...and then ascending into Heaven...Sprinkling The Mercy Seat with His Own Blood...Once and for all...Making The Way...

I've seen one particular church where The Power of God was non-existent...and the pastors almost literally begging for someone that carried God's Gifts...and come to find out there was sin in the pulpit...and that was the leaven...that spread throughout...Reminds me of our own homes...Where the head of the household ought to be going after God with their whole heart and they aren't...and so...here we are...Needing Revival...Needing God In Our Homes...As He Is Our Help In Time of Trouble...

I remember the day my daughter woke up with a pain in her leg and it wouldn't go away and knowing my daughter...well...she woke up with it a second day...she said it was still hurting...and that was the day that I got down in the floor...that day I learned long-suffering...and I didn't stop praying until she was healed...There is a fine line...I have seen parents (on the news) go to jail for not taking their children to the doctor...I know I have to follow the law of the land...and if my daughter isn't healed of something for some reason-and because of God's Grace in this area-my daughter has health insurance...and we do go to the doctor...I've even explained to my daughter that sometimes we die first instead of getting healed...and it's ok...are we even telling our children the truth about living in a fallen world...I tell her it's ok because we will be with Jesus...she has taken Jesus as her Savior...I really know God loves it when we believe-and have faith in Him-even impossibly!!! I truly believe that He loves it...and I truly believe He equips for it!!! And I truly believe that He Heals and Loves and Heals...I believe and I won't stop believing that the impossible is possible...From the rooftops God!!! I remember Your Goodness!!!

Much love to you...so very much...In Him...Jesus Christ, My Lord, Savior and Soon Coming King...