• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1971

I realize this topic has been done before, but as it is appearing on the forum again there seems to be reason to bring it up. So what do you guys think, yes or no? Why or why not?

For myself, I came in as an evolutionist and I have seen no reason to change that position. I believe that God created everything, is omnipotent and omniscient, and in my mind this entire thing is about method or mechanism of creating. God could have done it in any way, the evidence suggests this particular way.

The reason I am saved is because of the following:

rom 10:9-11 if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”

I believe that Jesus is Lord and that He was resurrected from the dead on the third day.

Let me start by saying, I have only read the post by the OP and only read part of the first response to this questions.

I think if you look at the history of the earth and the animals and plants on it, you can see how those type of things have evolved. Animals change and adapt to climate changes etc. But to say that humans came from money's goes against everything in Christian History. People grow and adapt to there what is around them, but they don't grow wings to fly or gills to swim. So to answer your question you can believe in evolution but for plants and animals. However God created man from the "dust of the earth".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Macro-evolution (transpeciation) is proven false by mathematical probability. Since it has never been seen and can never be repeated the scientific method is out. So, it is rather a religious belief system of blind faith.

Micro-evolution / adaptation is a fact of science and probability but all within the frame work of the same species. Wolves and dogs share a common ancestor. Wolves and cats do not. Plants and animals do not. Fish and man do not. 

And in both the answer from where did all this come? ...is still not answered when you remove the Divine Creator from the equation. In the creation account the Creator specifically stated about the species that they are to reproduce "after its own kind." Micro-evolution. Not macro-evolution. { loud, annoying basket ball court buzzer }

For some to try to build a philosophical bridge between the truth of God and the lie of macro-evolution (either because they were brainwashed in a humanist school system or they really do not know how dishonest evolutionists are about their failed theory) is yet another version of the false belief that all roads lead to heaven.

One of my most revered mentors (the late Dr. Walter Martin) held to a modified theistic evolution since it was not his ministerial forte (apologetics was) and he went the route of public school and though he defeated the programing as to the existence of God, he still bought into some of the aspects of evolution most students are forced fed through the education system. 

I realize this topic has been done before, but as it is appearing on the forum again there seems to be reason to bring it up. So what do you guys think, yes or no? Why or why not?

For myself, I came in as an evolutionist and I have seen no reason to change that position. I believe that God created everything, is omnipotent and omniscient, and in my mind this entire thing is about method or mechanism of creating. God could have done it in any way, the evidence suggests this particular way.

rom 10:9-11 if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”

I believe that Jesus is Lord and that He was resurrected from the dead on the third day.

Let me start by saying, I have only read the post by the OP and only read part of the first response to this questions.

I think if you look at the history of the earth and the animals and plants on it, you can see how those type of things have evolved. Animals change and adapt to climate changes etc. But to say that humans came from money's goes against everything in Christian History. People grow and adapt to there what is around them, but they don't grow wings to fly or gills to swim. So to answer your question you can believe in evolution but for plants and animals. However God created man from the "dust of the earth".

You can see minor changes, but you don't find one species becoming another species, like a horse becoming a cow or a bear becoming a lion. 

Guest shiloh357

If Evolution is true, then there was no fall in the Garden, man is not a sinner and there would be no need for a Savior because what we call "sin" is  not an issue of morality, but it part of the natural human make up.

The classic error that people like you make is that you try to divorce Jesus' death, burial and resurrection from the rest of the Bible, and Genesis 1-11 in particular.  If Jesus is truly raised, His resurrection stands the vindication of what Genesis 1 actually says, and shows Evolution is a lie.

Exactly~!

That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; Luke 11:50

My Dear Watson

And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. Genesis 4:8

~

Genesis 1:25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

:thumbsup:

Amen~! And May I Ask

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Who Is Jesus?

~

If I am an artist, I can take the same clay and fashion it into all kinds of things that are completely different, but the original material is the same in all of those things.  A vase didn't change into a pitcher, or a plate into an ash tray, yet they all share the same original building blocks. 

Star Dust?

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

Nay Beloved,

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:16-19

It's Earth Dirt

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

And May I Ask

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12

Who Is Jesus?

~

In this world, everything decays and returns to dust. It does not evolve, but devolves. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Not ashes to plankton-to-fish-to-reptile-to-mammal-to-ape-to-neandthal-to-homosapien-to-....... gods? That would have to be the likely progression, wouldn't it? Immortality. Where have we heard that before and who has convinced the world that it is possible?

Amen~!  Even The Ancients (The Really Really Old Guys)

While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house: And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. Job 1:18-22

Knew Better

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27

And May I Ask

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Who Is Jesus?

~

Alright. What i mean for the purposes of this thread is something like this: evolution is the theory that living things on earth share a common ancestor. So, common ancestry.

I still don't understand your idea of evolution. If we all came from Adam and Eve ancestry and God made Adam and Eve, then aren't we all in the image of God. God being the origin?

Adam was made in the image of GOD. But GOD is Spirit. His image is love, truth, faithfulness...... Adam was created immortal. When he sinned, he died spiritually and began to die physically. He became mortal, he lost the image of GOD. That is why he was barred from eating from the Tree of Life "least they become like us." Read your Bible.

Reading, Reading

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23

But???

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 1 John 4:3

Huh~!

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:26-27

And May I Ask

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Who Is Jesus?

~

Sorry, not meant for you.

I would also approach people differently than saying "read your bible".

For Me

Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word. Psalms 119:148

It's Like Candy To My Ears

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4

And May I Ask

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Who Is Jesus?

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: Hebrews 1:8-10

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

If creation is true,then their is a Creator to whom we are accountable.Evolution is an enabler for atheism.Evolution gives athiests a basis for explaining how life exists apart from a Creator God.Evolution denies the need for a God to be involved in the universe.

Guest shiloh357

If creation is true,then their is a Creator to whom we are accountable.Evolution is an enabler for atheism.Evolution gives athiests a basis for explaining how life exists apart from a Creator God.Evolution denies the need for a God to be involved in the universe.

Yes that is true.  The Theory of Evolution is fueled more by a desire to avoid accountability before a holy God than it is scientific evidence.

So you are saying that we can trace human beings back to one creature, and somehow this one creature split into all the creatures we have today?  This one common ancestor became everything from fish to cats, dogs, elephants, giraffs, and of course, human beings?  What makes that more believable to you than God creating everything as it is today? 

Yes, that is what i mean.The reason I think that is the case has to do with the fact that I think the physical evidence suggests this sort of process.

Actually it doesn't.

Evolution is a slow gradual process. There is no physical evidence of this slow gradual physical change. All the evolutionist has is what it was and what it evolved into. There is no fossil evidence of that slow gradual transition.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

If Evolution is true, then there was no fall in the Garden, man is not a sinner and there would be no need for a Savior because what we call "sin" is  not an issue of morality, but it part of the natural human make up.

The classic error that people like you make is that you try to divorce Jesus' death, burial and resurrection from the rest of the Bible, and Genesis 1-11 in particular.  If Jesus is truly raised, His resurrection stands the vindication of what Genesis 1 actually says, and shows Evolution is a lie.

It was divorced, in my mind, when I first believed. I didn't really have to 'try' at that at all. Wrongness is wrongness, and that we are in fallen state, and in need of a savior, can be established evolution or no evolution. You are forcing a false dilemma.