IGNORED

The Rapture & The Second Coming Of Christ

Guest DRS81

The dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain will join them in the air.  That is a picture of the rapture right? So lets look for a resurrection of the dead in Christ, it is described in Rev. chapter 20, happening at the second coming. For there to be a pre-trib rapture, you will have to add a pre-trib resurrection also because neither are in the Bible.

Hi ENOCH2010, blessings! It's more complicated than just Rev 20. There's things that have to take place before the 1,000 year reign with Christ. There's more scripture, more details, more revelation to these events. I'm also not thinking pre-trib rapture, I'm thinking 5th seal rapture. Post#5.

The complicated part is inventing another resurrection for a rapture that happens prior to the second coming

Maybe the name given "the second coming" is the one BIG and main event and (rapture/antichrist/seals/bowls/great tribulation) are SMALLER events inside ONE BIG EVENT/THE SECOND COMING. For example, take a basket of apples. Theres 5-6 apples in the basket. The second coming is the actual basket, and (rapture/antichrist/seals/bowls/great tribulation) are all the apples inside the basket. Then I would say Matt 24 is talking about the rapture inside the one main event of the second coming. Wouldn't this make sense...they will gather his elect/rapture and at the same time it is describing the second coming, the one big main event...

RAPTURE/SMALL EVENT 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage each other with these words.

SECOND COMING/BIG EVENT & RAPTURE/SMALL EVENT Matt 24:29-35 29"Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.32"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.33Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door.34I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

With that said, I still believe rapture happens between 5th & 7th seal because the seals have not been opened yet and christians will be martyred, christians not yet raptured. I also believe that seals are NOT a part of the great tribulation. They are hard times but still not part of God's wrath. Of course to be cont'd, I might change my mind on this. I will do research...

(1 Thess 5:9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.) This scripture is not talking about the wrath in the great tribulation. Wrath here is talking about those who do not repent/nonbelievers..thus salvation through our Lord. This is talking about every day wrath of nonbelievers, not the wrath of apocolpytic events.

(Rev 3:10-11 Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. 11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown.) This is not talking about rapture. This is talking about moving the church to another location in order to protect them. AND THEN it says I am coming soon.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Where is the resurrection that goes with you pre-trib rapture

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

You mean when does the Church go to meet Christ?It is the rapture which is an anytime event.

You mean when does the Church go to meet Christ?It is the rapture which is an anytime event.

Nope I meant just what I said,  "the dead in Christ rise first,"  This means a resurrection has to happen, it is placed at the second coming of Christ, not 7 years earlier

Nope I meant just what I said,  "the dead in Christ rise first,"  This means a resurrection has to happen, it is placed at the second coming of Christ, not 7 years earlier

Correct, the second coming of Christ. Remember the example of the basket and apples in post 11.

Yes,our bodies will get a total change to uncorruptable bodies and that change will take place when we are raptured.The souls who are in heaven now are waiting for their resurrected bodies.

Yes,our bodies will get a total change to uncorruptable bodies and that change will take place when we are raptured.The souls who are in heaven now are waiting for their resurrected bodies.

bopeep when does the Bible say that resurrection takes place, the resurrection where everybody will get their new body like the one Christ has?

When we are raptured our bodies will be changed at that time.

Study Rev. chapter 20 and see if that is the resurrection you are speaking of.

Study Rev. chapter 20 and see if that is the resurrection you are speaking of.

All Rev 20:4-6 is doing is stating what the rapture is and not the timeline. But then again I do see a timeline. Check it out....(Rev 20:4-5Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand ; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection ; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.)

Doesn't beheading, idolatry and the mark of the beast happen during the great tribulation and antichrist movement???

Is this saying the rapture is after these events? :grin:

And which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither

had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands,

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-20-4.html

see ( Revelation 13:1 Revelation 13:4 Revelation 13:14-16 ) . This describes such who shall have made no profession of the Popish religion, nor have supported it in any way; who shall not have joined in the idolatry of the Romish antichrist, but shall have protested against it, and departed from it, and shall have adhered to Christ, and to the true worship of God; see ( Revelation 14:1 ) ( 15:2 ) . And so this, with the preceding character, includes all the saints that lived under Rome Pagan, and Rome Papal, to the destruction of antichrist, and the setting up of Christ's kingdom; not that these martyrs and confessors, or even all the saints of their times, are the only persons that shall share in the glory and happiness of the thousand years' reign of Christ, and binding of Satan; for all the saints will come with Christ, and all the dead in Christ will rise first, or be partakers of the first resurrection; and all that are redeemed by his blood, of whatsoever nation, or in whatsoever age of the world they have lived, even from the beginning of it, shall be kings and priests, and reign with him on earth, ( Zechariah 14:5 ) ( 1 Thessalonians 3:13 ) ( 1 Thessalonians 4:14 1 Thessalonians 4:16 ) ( Revelation 5:9 Revelation 5:10 ) though John only takes notice of these, because the design of this book, and of the visions shown to him, was only to give a prophetic history of the church, from his time, to the end of the world; and these particularly are observed to encourage the saints under sufferings for Christ: