God doesn't plan like we plan.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Praying is simply humbling yourself to Gods presence and talking. If we go to 1 of Thessalonians 5:16-18 it states that we should Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, giving thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God Christ Jesus for you. So even if you feel like the Lord is not answering our prayers, we need to wait in him. Patience is a fruit of the spirit, and it needs to be practiced. For Gods time is precious, and he is never late. Always pray in the mornings without eating. I personally praise the Lord out loud, but when I pray, I tend to pray in my head. Why? Because the evil can be listening. Have faith that the Lord is going to answer your prayer in due time, us humans want things done one day to another. Or miracles to happen in a week. But sometimes the Lord does not give us what we want right away, so when he does bless us, we are able to cherish it. Amen.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

How am I to know if the answer is 'yes' of 'no' to a prayer? What if the answer is simply "just do it yourself" or he doesn't want to answer? What if we don't have to pray because if makes no difference for pray about it or not?

I just don't know how to hear or see his answer.

Also, if something does to happen in time, it doesn't necessarily mean no and something good happening doesn't necessarily mean it's yes either. It could be something deceptive from the other person to make it look like a 'yes'.

I feel like prayer is useless for me. It would be nice to actually hear a 'yes' or 'no' instead of just wondering. I feel like I'm being ignored

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Praying is not about following a formula to get answers. It is one of the mechanisms by which we develop a closer relationship with Jesus, God's one and only Son. If your motivation for praying is to get answers, you have missed the point of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection.

He died and rose again so we could get to know Him and the Father to the fullest extent possible.

As you are spending the whole day chatting with Him about everything, then you can mention your interest to receive something from Him. I expect He will make clear to you how you should think and feel about that desire. But, first comes the relationship, then general "stuff".

Edited by Earnest

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11

When we pray sometimes the Lord answers immediately in the way that we want.  Other times, we pray and there seems to be no answer.  If you look at my post, "split in the family", you will see that I have been praying on a situation for 8 months.  I know the Lord hears our prayers and I know that He desires His agenda (love, forgiveness, etc) but sometimes we just have to wait for the answer.  He still gives us free will to make our own choices.  Just like Jonah......He did NOT want to go to Nineveh.   God let him make his own choice, but He never left his side, even when he was in the belly of a whale.  You may be in a place that is uncomfortable right now but God is with you.  He hears your prayers.  He loves you.  Hold on to those truths and just wait on Him.  In today's "instant" everything, waiting is very difficult.  Do not give up hope!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/09/1982

blessings:)
when we pray to God we pray for things that are part of His agenda and not ours.
i personally finds it hard at times to wait for God's answer to my prayers,but through that, i came to recognize more of His faithfulness in my life.

i agree with sister bopeep:). sometimes we need to be patient.

Ecclesiastes 3:1
there is an appointed time for everything.And there is a time for every event under heaven

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

Before one can display a quiet mouth he must first possess a quiet spirit, for out of the abundance of the spirit does the mouth speak. The most important in prayer is your inner attitude toward God, only that can inspire you and teach to fallow the holly spirit when you pray. If you cant find the truth in you, you cant pray in spirit: But a time is coming – and now is here – when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to be his worshipers.

God is spirit, and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:23-24

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8

we pray not because we need something but because we are thankful of all the blessings and the trials we have.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Why doesn't God answer my prayers?  Am I not praying right?  I am asking in Jesus name and according to the bible that is all I have to do.....

There is no way to pray wrong, my friend.  Just talk to God; He is listening but He doesn't always do things in our time. And welcome to Worthy.  :mgbowtie: 

Thank you Morning Glory.  I pray as if he is sitting right in my living room or at the foot of my bed, because I know He is. He is your best friend if you let Him be.  Be honest, open, confessing your sins, asking forgiveness, then  handing whatever it is over to Him.  He is there, and He promised to never leave you or forsake you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I'm sorry to disagree but how you have your hands placed while in prayer does not make a difference.  God looks at our hearts and not our hands.  But thank you for your impute.