*Zion*

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The book of Revelation has a lot of symbols in it, but some people think that it is a book of pure symbolism and not to be taken literally. Prophecy in nature is extremely symbolic, and my limited logic perceives the reason for this to be because God wants to make His messages to us abundantly clear and hence the deep symbolism. However, that does not mean we shouldn't take His Word literally, and I know that there are some people who accept most of the Bible as a literal work with literal meaning but stop and change to metaphor and philosophy and substitution interpretation when they hit the book of Revelation.

So, is the mark of the beast going to be a literal, physical mark onto the forehead or hand, or is it simply a symbol of indoctrination, propaganda, and ideology forced upon the masses?

Your thoughts please...

If the mark was a symbolic mark, then the issue of buying and selling will not make sense as you will have to prove your allegiance to Satan.

Good input seeing that is exactly what it *was*.

The beast was Nero.

He was point blank called that in other writings.

The Gemetria (666/Neron and 616/Nero) symbolizes him exactly.

We see Revs talking about those; "cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed", versus those who did pay homage to him carried the Libellus, his mark Those who had the Libellus approval were allowed to "and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark."

They are talking current events.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

The book of Revelation has a lot of symbols in it, but some people think that it is a book of pure symbolism and not to be taken literally. Prophecy in nature is extremely symbolic, and my limited logic perceives the reason for this to be because God wants to make His messages to us abundantly clear and hence the deep symbolism. However, that does not mean we shouldn't take His Word literally, and I know that there are some people who accept most of the Bible as a literal work with literal meaning but stop and change to metaphor and philosophy and substitution interpretation when they hit the book of Revelation.

So, is the mark of the beast going to be a literal, physical mark onto the forehead or hand, or is it simply a symbol of indoctrination, propaganda, and ideology forced upon the masses?

Your thoughts please...

If the mark was a symbolic mark, then the issue of buying and selling will not make sense as you will have to prove your allegiance to Satan.

The beast was Nero.

We see Revs talking about those; "cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed", versus those who did pay homage to him carried the Libellus, his mark Those who had the Libellus approval were allowed to "and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark."

And what was his mark that he enforced upon all humanity?  And where was the war with Israel against all the other nations?  And where were the famines, earthquakes, pestilences etc?  How can Jesus come back to fight a dead anti-christ?

Your thoughts please...

The beast was Nero.

And what was his mark that he enforced upon all humanity?  And where was the war with Israel against all the other nations?  And where were the famines, earthquakes, pestilences etc?  How can Jesus come back to fight a dead anti-christ?

Hi,

I don't read any references to famines, earthquakes, pestilence, or an antichrist regarding whom is the Beast of Revelations, or the matter of his mark.

When unpacking this, I find it more meaningful to let the writing speak  for itself with understand this writing is written within a given time, context, and worldview.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Your thoughts please...

The beast was Nero.

I don't buy that theory - the Beast is yet to come.

Your thoughts please...

The beast was Nero.

I don't buy that theory - the Beast is yet to come.

Hi,

And they in a sense thought who they understood as the Beast of reference, was to come.

Yet not in the way you may think: Nero Redivivus.

Again, when trying to unpack this, one thing that should be taken in consideration and is often not, is how they understood the events they were dealing directly with.

Nero was a not too nice guy. There are stories he used Christians as human torches at his gatherings. Not sure how true that is, but he was a very nasty man.

~take care

Edited by joyjuice

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/04/1986

I believe the mark of the beast will be a phsyical symbol on the forehead or hand of whoever chooses to take it. This way to act as a physical/visual sign to those where one's allegiance lies once the Anti-Christ is supposedly in charge. It is said to act as a scanned bar-code of some sort so that anything charged will just go directly to that person when they are buying and selling goods.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Take the wording chapter 14 out and continue to read on about another

group of people with a marking in there forehead.

Now will there be a literal name imprinted Jesus on their forehead ? I don't think so.

So we read about two groups with different character about them.

They the enemy warns them if they don't take the mark they would be killed. Rev.13:15

In Chapter 14 you would die for taking the mark. Rev.14:9-11,19-20

I guess you get to choose how to die.

Your thoughts please...

The beast was Nero.

Gemetria is not scriptural. God doesn't need codebreakers. His prophecies are not be cracked by those who are smart enough to be able to calculate numbers. You can make anybody's name come out as 666, if you played around with it enough.

The Beast is meant to rule over the Whole World. Nero didn't rule the whole World. Your ideology is riddle with flaws.

The Beast is yet to come.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I actually discovered that even now some people are using an implanted ship in their hand to get into the most exclusive clubs, I suppose as an extra security measure, and for all kinds of 'cool' stuff.  I'm so glad I read my bible!  There are people out there who don't have a clue that they have permanently sold their souls to satan.  I think this one's been answered, guys. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implant_%28human%29

I actually discovered that even now some people are using an implanted ship in their hand to get into the most exclusive clubs, I suppose as an extra security measure, and for all kinds of 'cool' stuff.  I'm so glad I read my bible!  There are people out there who don't have a clue that they have permanently sold their souls to satan.  I think this one's been answered, guys. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microchip_implant_%28human%29

Implanted ships must be very painful indeed :laughing:

ship.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist.