IGNORED

Biblical support of Eternal Hellfire?

donfish06

Most importantly, it's not eternal.

What hell literally is the last stop on a person's journey. It's where they go to die.

Nonbelievers will be judged for what they had done. JUDGED. Judgment isn't ceasing to exist. Hell is where they go to die spiritually but not physically. A worldly judge judges the person for their crimes. A godly judge (Jesus Christ) judges the person for their sins. After Jesus judges that person for their sins, he will say to you, "depart from me I never knew you". Because the irony is that at the end of the day, the person's sin of unbelief is what drags them to hell.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.

Hell is a real place of course but it's not like people think it is.

Yup. It's much much worse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Hell is a real place of course but it's not like people think it is. Most importantly, it's not eternal. The real horror of it most people can't even comprehend. Horror is a very reflexive term to begin with. Some people simply couldn't have any quality of life if they lost their sight; for them, that would be horror. Still to others, the horror of hell is in knowing you had a chance to get right, and seeing far off in the distance the saints all having a wonderful time and knowing they will never get a chance to be a part of it. The popular image of hell with devils and pitchforks, lava and torment and pain and suffering, is just a circus type way of viewing it. What hell literally is the last stop on a person's journey. It's where they go to die. If you just sit and contemplate what it means you'll see it to be more horrifying than anything imaginable.

Interesting. Where in the Bible are we taught that hell is not eternal?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

Where in the scriptures does one find support of the idea that one will burn for eternity?

I did a long personal study on this just because I wanted to know, and I now believe without reservation that there is not an eternal hell for anyone except the unholy trinity- satan, a/c, and false prophet.

Unless specifically asked, I won't lay on all the scriptures, but here is one for you- it is not given that the soul is immortal. God alone possesses immortality per 1 Tim 6 and 1 cor 15. Eternal life is a gift from God. If God doesn't give it to you, you ain't getting it (my paraphrase).

I did a long personal study on this just because I wanted to know, and I now believe without reservation that there is not an eternal hell for anyone except the unholy trinity- satan, a/c, and false prophet.

Incorrect. Rev 20:13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Shiloh made an effort to begin the process of explaining that death has various applications but it was refused.  Paul spoke of this use of the word death in Romans 7.

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Paul said that he died though he were yet physically alive.  Paul did not physically die yet he was dead.  This use of the word death must be considered a possibility in the spiritual sense when determining how to define death in a permanent sense would it not?

How does one refute this use of the word death by Paul?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Where in the scriptures does one find support of the idea that one will burn for eternity?

There are a few passages of Scripture that are misunderstood and used to support that idea. However, the abundance of evidence from the Scriptures shows that eternal burning is not what the Scriptures teach.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Shiloh made an effort to begin the process of explaining that death has various applications but it was refused.  Paul spoke of this use of the word death in Romans 7.

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Paul said that he died though he were yet physically alive.  Paul did not physically die yet he was dead.  This use of the word death must be considered a possibility in the spiritual sense when determining how to define death in a permanent sense would it not?

I'd suggest that it is a metaphor. There is nothing in the Scriptures that teaches "spiritual death". Paul uses death as a metaphor to show his inability to be free of sin under the law.

Guest shiloh357

Unless specifically asked, I won't lay on all the scriptures, but here is one for you- it is not given that the soul is immortal. God alone possesses immortality per 1 Tim 6 and 1 cor 15. Eternal life is a gift from God. If God doesn't give it to you, you ain't getting it (my paraphrase).

Eternal life and living forever are not the same things.   The problem stems from people misunderstanding that eternal life as a gift of God refers to a quality of life.  You are going to live forever.  You will either spend eternity with God in eternal life, or you will spend live forever in spiritual death.

Guest shiloh357

I'd suggest that it is a metaphor. There is nothing in the Scriptures that teaches "spiritual death". Paul uses death as a metaphor to show his inability to be free of sin under the law.

Spiritual death is not a metaphor.  It is the state of all unbelievers.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

By what standard do you conclude such?