IGNORED

When is anger righteous, and when is it not?

Dak

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

This thread is a combination about anger and "the gifts of God is without repentance".

When Jesus turned the tables over, He was walking in God's will. He knew what was going on before He went in there. God does not lead us into battle blindfolded. He never has and never will.

God ordained what happened. God justified what happened. The gifts of God are without repentance.

Now, I would not suggest that someone go in and do something that they were not led by God to go do.

But, if God has led you in such a way, get ready, the wolf pack will bite hard.

Get in the Word and read, read, read. God will show you through the Word your ministry.

God bless you

Thanks for the reply. You gave a few interesting points. I'll be considering what you said about "the gifts of God are without repentance."

Just need to point out a couple of things though:

First, Jesus knew beforehand what was going to happen at the moneychanger's tables because he is God and he has that ability. We don't.

And second, I have found out in my life that God's leading has been mostly blindfolded, even unto spiritual battles. Isn't this our motto as Christians? Walking by faith and not by sight?

~

Yes, we do have the same ability as Jesus.

Example:

I was to go to a certain church. Before I got there, I was told I was being sent into the wolves den.

I asked, "what are you doing?

I was told, "My people are in trouble and they need my help." 

My feet was running out from under me toward the door. I wasn't doing that.

I looked up at the church and saw a giant bridle bit across the door.

I reached for the doorknob and saw reins appear on the bridle bit.

I opened the door and saw a giant hand as though God had picked the church up and the church was now turning.

I only did and said what I saw Him do and what He spoke to me, I spoke to them.

I totally understand when Jesus spoke "I do nothing of myself. I do what I see the Father do.

It was like when Jesus went in and turned over the money changers table and everyone ran out. Their preacher was the first one out the door. The Word says, "a hireling cares nothing for the sheep because he is a hireling" I understand that. I saw it.

We have the same ability as Jesus but we (I) must be one with HIM. HE is in me, and I am in HIM, and we go unto the Father. I can do nothing of myself.

I saw a black veil cover the preacher.

He and his wife had sit in the church for 60 yrs. She told me I needed to go home I wasn't even worthy to serve God. I was given a new name, rebbell devil.

It got very nasty at times in there. It was a handful of people in the congregation.

One lady said, "I don't know why it is people keep coming back even though they know they aren't wanted.

I said, "God is able to make you stand."

They were offended by me greeting them on Sunday morn because when asked, "how are you" I would reply, "blessed". I felt spirits rise. Doors would slam and nobody back there.

I hope this has blessed you as much as it did me. I learned so much in that wolves den.

I understand the church is turning. They got themselves a new preacher. That is a start.

I was placed there by God for abt 6 months.

God is in control.

God bless you

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

This thread is a combination about anger and "the gifts of God is without repentance".

When Jesus turned the tables over, He was walking in God's will. He knew what was going on before He went in there. God does not lead us into battle blindfolded. He never has and never will.

God ordained what happened. God justified what happened. The gifts of God are without repentance.

Now, I would not suggest that someone go in and do something that they were not led by God to go do.

But, if God has led you in such a way, get ready, the wolf pack will bite hard.

Get in the Word and read, read, read. God will show you through the Word your ministry.

God bless you

Thanks for the reply. You gave a few interesting points. I'll be considering what you said about "the gifts of God are without repentance."

Just need to point out a couple of things though:

First, Jesus knew beforehand what was going to happen at the moneychanger's tables because he is God and he has that ability. We don't.

And second, I have found out in my life that God's leading has been mostly blindfolded, even unto spiritual battles. Isn't this our motto as Christians? Walking by faith and not by sight?

~

Yes, we do have the same ability as Jesus.

Example:

I was to go to a certain church. Before I got there, I was told I was being sent into the wolves den.

I asked, "what are you doing?

I was told, "My people are in trouble and they need my help."

My feet was running out from under me toward the door. I wasn't doing that.

I looked up at the church and saw a giant bridle bit across the door.

I reached for the doorknob and saw reins appear on the bridle bit.

I opened the door and saw a giant hand as though God had picked the church up and the church was now turning.

I only did and said what I saw Him do and what He spoke to me, I spoke to them.

I totally understand when Jesus spoke "I do nothing of myself. I do what I see the Father do.

It was like when Jesus went in and turned over the money changers table and everyone ran out. Their preacher was the first one out the door. The Word says, "a hireling cares nothing for the sheep because he is a hireling" I understand that. I saw it.

We have the same ability as Jesus but we (I) must be one with HIM. HE is in me, and I am in HIM, and we go unto the Father. I can do nothing of myself.

I saw a black veil cover the preacher.

He and his wife had sit in the church for 60 yrs. She told me I needed to go home I wasn't even worthy to serve God. I was given a new name, rebbell devil.

It got very nasty at times in there. It was a handful of people in the congregation.

One lady said, "I don't know why it is people keep coming back even though they know they aren't wanted.

I said, "God is able to make you stand."

They were offended by me greeting them on Sunday morn because when asked, "how are you" I would reply, "blessed". I felt spirits rise. Doors would slam and nobody back there.

I hope this has blessed you as much as it did me. I learned so much in that wolves den.

I understand the church is turning. They got themselves a new preacher. That is a start.

I was placed there by God for abt 6 months.

God is in control.

God bless you

Honestly rebbell, I don't understand most of the things you've just said. And I don't think you've explained very well why you think we have the same abilities as Jesus, like knowing the future. I repeat, he is God, and though he may dwell in us, remember that we are just the branches and he the vine. We may display bountiful fruits because of him, but this doesn't mean that we can claim we are like the vine himself. All that we have, all that we can do, are because of his mercy. Nothing more.

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss these things (this thread is very important to me, and I need to get answers to my question), and so I just want to say again thank you for replying, and that I will try my best in considering your words. God bless....

~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

When is anger righteous, and when is it not?

~

My question is what is the difference? Either case ends up with the same outcome physically in the now. God may well understand your anger if it's righteous, but he will still hold you responsible for your actions..... In either case it has the same physical and psychological things attached to it.

So it's truly something that you need to get a grip on before Satan uses it to do you harm. Righteous anger can actually be more dangerous because it gives you the feeling that it's ok and you won't tend to deal with it the way you should. I've never had or read about or heard any situation filled with anger that had a good ending maybe with the exception of Jesus turning over the money changers tables..... but then again he has a bit more authority and a whole lot more control than we do.

The difference is if your anger is truly righteous, then it is a form of Godly motivation. It means that you care. And it means that God is on your side.

I haven't yet read much of the OT prophets, but didn't some of then become angry too when dealing with the sinful Israel? One example that readily comes to my mind is the prophet Nathan when he confronted David about his sins of murder and adultery. (2 Samuel 12:1-15) Wasn't Nathan angry with David? He was speaking the word of God to David, yes, but surely he too had felt that same anger.

Therefore, my question. When is anger righteous, and when is it not?

~

What good comes from righteous anger that couldn't be accomplished without it with less stress on everyone

Guest AFlameOfFire

What if... its like being angry at the hypocricy of justifying oneself as righteously indignant toward someone but condemning another for the same righteous indignation themselves for their own hypocricy.

I need an interpreter I don't know what I just said

What if... its like being angry at the hypocricy of justifying oneself as righteously indignant toward someone but condemning another for the same righteous indignation themselves for their own hypocricy.

:noidea:

What good comes from righteous anger that couldn't be accomplished without it with less stress on everyone?

There are situations when only a display of righteous anger can affect some change....

For example, and if I remember correctly: David had been hiding and denying his sins of adultery and murder... and it was only Nathan's display of righteous anger than had opened his eyes, and made him admit his guilt....

Another example, and this is my personal story:

Our family house (in which I still live because I'm still single, and no, this is not something to be ashamed of in my country) is located in the crowded urban district of our city, and it is situated right next to the main street of our barangay (our lowest local government unit). Thus, it can get real noisy sometimes, esp. in the late afternoon and at night. But we are used to it.

About a year ago, however, the noise had become much worse, and that was because our part of the street had suddenly become a very desirable and magnetic place for children to play with -- hard-headed children below sixteen, and who were mostly neglected by their parents. And this sudden change happened because of a new tenant in our neighbor's sari-sari store (a small retail store selling grocery items) -- a single mother with two girls -- girls who attracted other boys and girls from "miles around".

To make matters worse, our other neighbors were indifferent to the problem, and my own parents would rather complain to themselves and endure, than do something about it. Therefore, the problem had fallen solely on my shoulders: I love quiet, and too much noise simply shatters my peace, and because this is my home, my very sanctuary, I really felt violated... and angry.

It was a months-long spiritual battle: satan was influencing the minds and hearts of those children (and even some of the parents) so that they were extra-deaf to my admonitions that they play elsewhere, and not make the front and side of our house their own personal playground. In short, my temper was aroused many times, and there were shameful moments when I displayed very un-Christlike behavior.

Yes, it was a battle. God was teaching me some very important lessons in anger management, and satan was doing his best to make me slip... to make me do something very regretful....

Painfully, I had learned some control over my actions when I'm in a temper. But I was still angry about the situation, no question about it, and because peace and quiet are prices worth fighting for, I got to "patrolling" the street outside (and for months!), establishing my "turf", explicitly stating now that they, the children, could no longer play near our house. And then driving them away, calmly but forcefully, whenever they did start playing, It was kind of funny, really. Me against the children. But if you realize that it was also me and God against satan, then you would see that it was not funny at all.

And it was my display of righteous anger, not my gentle admonitions, that has won the victory. Now the store has new tenants (a man and his wife with their little children) who respect my desire for peace and quiet. Now only kids from neighboring houses play in our part of the street, and they know now not to make too much noise (my patrolling days are finally over). And now I'm seeing that I have actually gained some respect from my neighbors, which is a very good thing for me :)

Of course, because I'm here in this forum asking for advice... my anger problems are not yet completely solved. But there definitely have been some improvements, because of these trials :thumbsup:

So Other One, I hope that I have answered your question to your satisfaction....

Sometimes righteous anger is simply necessary.

~

Every time Jesus walked into the synagogues HE called them hypocrites and told them why.

HE was justified by GOD for doing GOD's will. He was following the instruction of the Father.

The gifts of GOD are without repentance.

Jesus didn't go in of HIS own accord throwing a fit. The hypocrites threw a fit, they didn't like what their itchy ears were hearing, they were offended and blamed HIM.

When in right standing with GOD, we will not be offended by anything we hear.

As it is written; we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Self righteous pride points the finger in the other direction.

God bless

Guest AFlameOfFire

Every time Jesus walked into the synagogues HE called them hypocrites and told them why.

HE was justified by GOD for doing GOD's will. He was following the instruction of the Father.

The gifts of GOD are without repentance.

Jesus didn't go in of HIS own accord throwing a fit. The hypocrites threw a fit, they didn't like what their itchy ears were hearing, they were offended and blamed HIM.

When in right standing with GOD, we will not be offended by anything we hear.

As it is written; we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

Self righteous pride points the finger in the other direction.

God bless

There are folks who believe they are more spiritual then others who do the same crap they accuse others of, they just cant see it.

Its hard to see a log in your own eye that's for sure lol

What good comes from righteous anger that couldn't be accomplished without it with less stress on everyone?

There are situations when only a display of righteous anger can affect some change....

For example, and if I remember correctly: David had been hiding and denying his sins of adultery and murder... and it was only Nathan's display of righteous anger than had opened his eyes, and made him admit his guilt....

Another example, and this is my personal story:

Our family house (in which I still live because I'm still single, and no, this is not something to be ashamed of in my country) is located in the crowded urban district of our city, and it is situated right next to the main street of our barangay (our lowest local government unit). Thus, it can get real noisy sometimes, esp. in the late afternoon and at night. But we are used to it.

About a year ago, however, the noise had become much worse, and that was because our part of the street had suddenly become a very desirable and magnetic place for children to play with -- hard-headed children below sixteen, and who were mostly neglected by their parents. And this sudden change happened because of a new tenant in our neighbor's sari-sari store (a small retail store selling grocery items) -- a single mother with two girls -- girls who attracted other boys and girls from "miles around".

To make matters worse, our other neighbors were indifferent to the problem, and my own parents would rather complain to themselves and endure, than do something about it. Therefore, the problem had fallen solely on my shoulders: I love quiet, and too much noise simply shatters my peace, and because this is my home, my very sanctuary, I really felt violated... and angry.

It was a months-long spiritual battle: satan was influencing the minds and hearts of those children (and even some of the parents) so that they were extra-deaf to my admonitions that they play elsewhere, and not make the front and side of our house their own personal playground. In short, my temper was aroused many times, and there were shameful moments when I displayed very un-Christlike behavior.

Yes, it was a battle. God was teaching me some very important lessons in anger management, and satan was doing his best to make me slip... to make me do something very regretful....

Painfully, I had learned some control over my actions when I'm in a temper. But I was still angry about the situation, no question about it, and because peace and quiet are prices worth fighting for, I got to "patrolling" the street outside (and for months!), establishing my "turf", explicitly stating now that they, the children, could no longer play near our house. And then driving them away, calmly but forcefully, whenever they did start playing, It was kind of funny, really. Me against the children. But if you realize that it was also me and God against satan, then you would see that it was not funny at all.

And it was my display of righteous anger, not my gentle admonitions, that has won the victory. Now the store has new tenants (a man and his wife with their little children) who respect my desire for peace and quiet. Now only kids from neighboring houses play in our part of the street, and they know now not to make too much noise (my patrolling days are finally over). And now I'm seeing that I have actually gained some respect from my neighbors, which is a very good thing for me :)

Of course, because I'm here in this forum asking for advice... my anger problems are not yet completely solved. But there definitely have been some improvements, because of these trials :thumbsup:

So Other One, I hope that I have answered your question to your satisfaction....

Sometimes righteous anger is simply necessary.

~

Self stemmed anger is NOT righteous, in America you would be called a BULLY.

Those kids are still without any guidnance.

How many youth could have been saved? if you would have put God first, speak God's Word; rather than self and worldly word.

Do unto others as you would do unto God.

If Jesus (GOD) were playing ball in the street being loud, would you have done the same to HIM?

Might be a good time to repent; if you have done it to one of the least, you have done it unto HIM.

God bless

Self stemmed anger is NOT righteous, in America you would be called a BULLY.

Those kids are still without any guidnance.

How many youth could have been saved? if you would have put God first, speak God's Word; rather than self and worldly word.

Do unto others as you would do unto God.

If Jesus (GOD) were playing ball in the street being loud, would you have done the same to HIM?

Might be a good time to repent; if you have done it to one of the least, you have done it unto HIM.

God bless

Apparently, you have not understood my explanations very well.

And you are very unfair in calling me a bully.... Had I hurt any of those children? Had they even considered to be respectful of their neighbors whom they were willfully and gleefully disturbing? And do they even have the right to disturb peace, and in a place not their own? And who are you to say to me that I should have been evangelizing them, instead of fighting for the peace and quiet in my neighborhood... in my home?

ARE YOU MY GOD WHOM I SHOULD BE FOLLOWING? ARE YOU MY GOD WHO ARE GIVING ME ORDERS? ARE YOU MY GOD WHO IS EVALUATING ME?

You are being very judgmental, rebbell. You've preached to me the Golden Rule, and yet you've forgotten to apply it to yourself.

However, I don't need to justify my actions to you. If anyone has the right to condemn me, it's God, and he is saying that I have won my victory, and that's all the justification I need.

~