Guest Alexandros

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

It isn't blind faith, this is a tangible faith.

Lets take for instance the wind. You don't see it, but you see the effects it has on the leaves, and trees, and sometimes in storms houses. You can't see it, but you feel it, hear it, and see the effects of it. That is God.

Really, can you imagine how freaked out we would all be if the creator of the entire universe, who has more knowledge that our entire world could asertain, coming to earth in a visible form? Really? I would be freaked out. That is why he knew we needed it to be different. He knew we could not handle his awesomeness. So he came in the form of a baby. Something everyone can relate to. A baby doesn't judge, or hold grudges, or keep record of wrongs, or lust, or anything that people would be in fear that an ALMIGHTY GOD would do. So he came as a baby, to show us that he really does keep no record of wrongs. Once we realize and accept him as God, and accept his precious gift, Jesus (himself coming to earth) to save us, and then conquering our worst fear, death. To me there isn't a way that I can't believe there is a God and that he is the one and only God.

Now don't get me wrong, and I will admit it, we all have our days when we have a moments pause, "God are you real?", but atleast for me, I get a mental smack in the head. Duh, of course.

For me, if things "just happened" wouldn't make sense. Coincidence? No there are no coincidences. God is in control, and if he has to use a miracle to make something happen he will. No coincidences, just miracles.

I hope that I helped you. I do hope you will stay and chat. You have challenged me and helped me to hold strong to my faith. Thank you for the great questions.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/13/1983

My faith is not blind. I have seen God do so many things through out my life. He has healed so many in my family and church that doctors even said if not for God that person would have been dead. i have felt God move in so many way in my llife also. I go to a church where we believe in being filled with the Holy Spirit and i have been filled with the Holy Ghost for almost 5 years now and that is a awesome experince and that is way of knowing that God is real. So I really dont think we have blind faith.

Love in Christ,

Dancin :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Alexandros,

If they had been born in India, they would be Hindu. And they would swear Hinduism is the only true religion. And they would weep for all those poor lost christian souls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently you don't know the first thing about Hinduism.

Furthermore, some of us came to this faith though the odds were against us doing so.

Guest Thomas I believe
Alexandros,

If they had been born in India, they would be Hindu. And they would swear Hinduism is the only true religion. And they would weep for all those poor lost christian souls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently you don't know the first thing about Hinduism.

Furthermore, some of us came to this faith though the odds were against us doing so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Super Jew, Amen !!!!!

Guest Thomas I believe
Why do I have to know anything about Hinduism to know that about 80% of India's population follow it? If they lived in America, the odds would dictate that they would be christian. The same goes for you if you lived in India you'd probably be Hindu.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I praise God everyday that I am saved and protected by the blood of the Lamb. I pray daily for all that are opressed by governments or falsitys . I pray that the miracle of new life will happen for them. Born Again in Christ Jesus... Thats the true miracle that happens everyday !!!! If the Gospel is revealed to people in India( which that is being done) You don't think its possible for Jesus to Love Indians ? Or for them to Love Jesus. His blood was shed for all peoples from Americans to Lakota Sioux to French to Iranian etc..... Gods promise is true that will never change .. God loves everyone period. He who seeks the truth, will be greeted with open arms and the Lord will be there... Jesus saves Lives !

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I agree with part of your statement. I don't think people come to Jesus by pure blindness or ignorance either. Someone comes to Christ because their eyes have been opened to their need of a saviour. Some do a lot of searching first, some of them to prove God does not exist. These are the ones that know they have tried every other avenue and everyone one of them has failed them. We smarten up and realize that God is our only hope and come to Him in pure faith. That's a lot different from ignorance and blindness.

Edited by Rustyangel

Guest He's taking names
Why do I have to know anything about Hinduism to know that about 80% of India's population follow it? If they lived in America, the odds would dictate that they would be christian. The same goes for you if you lived in India you'd probably be Hindu.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

therefore everything must be wrong and God doesn't exsist? come on mate at least back up your "points" with something more than that...I can come up with a lot better arguments against Christianity than this...you know why? because I have heard so many from the thousands of people who I've met in life who are NOT believers telling me just how wrong I am...people I love and trust and do life with day to day...

by your logic when I'm surrounded by unbelief I will become one with the unbelievers...well that hasn't happened you know why?

because I have found the TRUTH. Have you tried letting God into your life and seeing what He can do before throwing about statements like this? I pray now in Jesus' name that you may seek Him and find the truth you deny.

In His love

S

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I fail to see how culture and upbringing playing a part in one's choice of religion is used as an anulment of religion altogether. What point does it prove other than certain cultures believe certain things. While these cultures are staunch in what they believe, they are open to other beleifs and can learn about other beliefs. Also, not all Indians are Hindus. Many, especially in recent times, have been leaving the faith and turning to Christianity. Eitherway, I fail to see the impact of your point. If cultural upbringing proves something false then athiest is just as guilty as all other religions seeing as how many athiest are raised in athiestic households or homes that hold not value to any deity.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hey All,

I wanted to add how I came to faith in God. I was young and into the bars. Most of the people I hung around with were doing the same. I married my husband when I was 24 and we both kept up the party thing. One weekend we were at this one bar with all our friends and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was very powerful and I was so sure about the message. I know at that moment, God was drawing me to him. I also know that I had a faithful praying mother in law, who prayed for us.

I walked out that night and never looked back. I had not been convicted before about drinking, I never gave it a second thought. What was the reason I had such a conviction, I knew it was God. The bible says that no one can come unless he be drawn by the father. In my simple faith, I know this was my turning point, it was Gods drawing me to himself.

Char

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Charisse

That really is so good to read today, you do not know how much that has cheered me and put a smile on my face.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne