• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/20/1982

Blessings Writer guy

Praise & Glory to God ,welcome to Worthy................it really does not matter why you think you are here(lol)God has lead you here and He works in mysterious ways.....I am sure any one of us would be more than happy to answer any of your questions & help in any way we can,so feel free to ask.

I would like to suggest a NKJV ,it is just easier reading for a first time reader without adding or subtracting to the Word of God (KJV).The Bible is the God inspired Word given to us (picture yourself, as you are a writer and you use a pen to write)....The men who wrote the Scriptures are "Gods pen"......The Bible is many Books,66....the best reading does not come by reading it cover to cover,start to finish...............the best Understanding comes from the Holy Spirit

Basically we have two parts(the Old Testament & the New Testament)....I would like to take this opportunity to suggest that you begin reading the Word of God with the Book written by John....here you can meet Jesus and read about how much He loves you(yes,YOU<writer guy) and then you can move on from there into the other Gospels in the New Testament ......may I ask you to seek God ....have the mindset that you are looking For God & just know that the only way you can get to Him is through Jesus Christ

The Bible is called the"Living Word"...it is no ordinary book....it is alive,Jesus is alive & HE IS GODS WORD......I know this may be hard to understand but if you meet Jesus He will explain it all-lol     Seriously,I only ask that you keep an open heart & mind and begin in the Book of John.................Again,welcome....Jesus loves you &God Bless You

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Thank you, I appreciate the time you took in responding to me.  I indeed have an open heart and mind, and look forward to learning all I can from you and the rest of the community!

Edited by justinithewriterguy

• Group:  Seeker

I apologize for all the consecutive posts, in the future I will try and condense my replies into a single post.

Bible Gateway has been suggested by many here and elsewhere, and a wonderful suggestion it is!  I foresee it being one of my most useful resources.

Please keep the suggestions coming!  Not only am I interested in which Bible you think I should read (I'll probably read 3 or 4 at once to compare/contrast), I am also interested in books, websites, videos or podcasts providing perspective.

Thank you again!

A good Bible concordance and a Bible dictionary/commentary would be a good idea.

Are there any you suggest?

To understand scripture is to understand the spiritual connection between God and man.

While I certainly lack this understanding now, it is an understanding I seek, and it is why I am not merely reading the Bible, but seeking extensive perspective as well.  Perhaps I will understand the spiritual connection personally, perhaps I will not, but at the very least I want to try and understand what that spiritual connection means to others.

I'm doing research for a book, and as part of this I am reading the Bible. It is my goal to understand the message as fully as possible.

From this I take it you're not a christian. Do I have that right?

Yes, but I promise you there is no cynicism in my intentions.  I come to you with an open heart and an open mind.

You're honest, can't fault you for that.  :)

Keep that heart open and honest and your time here should be fruitful.

Welcome to Worthy.  :emot-handshake:

Drop me a PM, I give you my email.

I apologize for all the consecutive posts, in the future I will try and condense my replies into a single post.

Don't worry about the consecutive posts. It keeps them short and readable. Long posts usually just get skimmed. 

Don't worry about the consecutive posts. It keeps them short and readable. Long posts usually just get skimmed. 

Alright then, short and sweet it is.  Thank you for the warm welcome.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The Message Bible is a good book.  And the Biblegateway is a really good tool to use with the bible online.

The message bible is a horrible version.

Esword is good. Its a download bible with commentaries etc. Very useful.

The Message Bible is a good book.  And the Biblegateway is a really good tool to use with the bible online.

The message bible is a horrible version.

Esword is good. Its a download bible with commentaries etc. Very useful.

Can I ask why you dislike The Message Bible?

I will look into Esword.  Thank you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hey WriterGuy,

Its me,Kwik..........It was my pleasure to take time in responding to you,you seem to be very sincere & I never forget all the time people gave me 30 yrs ago...I am very grateful to God & I was not unlike you once upon a time,it is a priviledge to have a moment to give back. I just want you to know that you are welcome to PM me any time you would like ,I would be more than happy to share my personal experiences with you & do whatever I can to answer questions you may have,to pray,to talk....whatever   God bless you

With love,in Christ Kwik

Thank you Kwik!  I will likely take you up on that offer.  I must say, of the half-dozen or so communities I've reached out to, this has been the friendliest!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Studying the bible takes a lifetime and nobody can get all there is in scripture during that time. What type of research are you doing? What questions are you trying to answer?

I am seeking understanding and perspective.  The book I intend to write will promote a greater understanding between all major world religions ...

I find it ironic that just yesterday I posted a story to these very forums about how Christianity has replaced Judaism as the world's most persecuted religion -- thanks in no small part to the third major monotheistic religion, Islam.