Thanks

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks Marv for sharing the Zechariah aspect of End time Bible prophecy. . I've noticed you have made much emphasis where Zechariah prophesies the very last days of the end of the age. So I must take time to learn more about this Old testament book how it will help me to know the Book of Revelation.

Funny thing is Revelation is easier for me to understand than many Old Testament books. . Perhaps sometimes I have a cultural misunderstanding of things or how it was in those times. And I guess that’s why I have been more of a New Testament more understanding of God's words which I can seem to relate better. . but I’m gradually getting the Old Testament aspect to add in more New Testament understanding. .

To Kingdom witness Matthew the Author does not speak symbolically in this book. Matt. 24:29 can either be literal or Parable which is only what Matthew spoke of.. We can’t make the sun, moon, stars and heaven shaken Islam or anything like that . After all Islam did not exist until the sixth or seventh century AD. We Jews and Christians generally believed this religion stole Judaism and Christianity to make up a whole New religion. Sure some wonk about the pagan moon aspect of Islam. Yet they still believe in one God they call Allah the one true . They compare him to our Jehovah the Lord. It's obvious Islam stole ideas from the Jews Judaism and Christian New Testament. Islam may be an end time player including end time wars.

But that does not have to do with Matt 24:29. Revelation is done in visions from John. But even these visions are not all symbolic. We need to learn what is symbol and what is literal. For example they were caste in the Lake of fire whose names were not written in the Book of Life. If we make that symbolic as the assemblies of God does and the Jehovah’s witnesses saying this is not real fire then we have come to a great misunderstanding of these scriptures. I don't know where you get these books. But here are some Bible commentary sites that I have used.

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

http://www.studylight.org/

Some of these but not all of these have been a great help for me and millions of other c/Christians. There are more sites but I don’t know many others.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

The stars falling from the sky, to me are symbolic of angels or saints. Now someone made mention about the Wormwood prophecy, well it doesn't necessarily imply a meteor but is symbolic. Now the great star fallen from heaven should be Satan. The bible says that it was burning as a lamp and no doubt that Satan has the title as "Angel of light" and falling upon one third of rivers and fountain of waters means falling on the Gentile nations as the sea represent foreign nations. And making the waters wormwood or bitter means corrupting the Gentile nations with idolatry, adultery and other forms of sins. Now if you may notice, Satan had succeeded in corrupting foreign nations except Israel in the times of Abraham and the patriarchs and Moses. Now any men who drank of the waters died in the sense of a spiritual or moral death. It means that any one who allowed the corrupted ones to influence them ends up being corrupted. Now if you also notice, Israel only followed after idolatry as a result of influence from other nations. Thanks for keeping this thread alive. With love kingdomwitness

Wormwod is wormwood not satan 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Izzel.

The stars falling from the sky, to me are symbolic of angels or saints. Now someone made mention about the Wormwood prophecy, well it doesn't necessarily imply a meteor but is symbolic. Now the great star fallen from heaven should be Satan. The bible says that it was burning as a lamp and no doubt that Satan has the title as "Angel of light" and falling upon one third of rivers and fountain of waters means falling on the Gentile nations as the sea represent foreign nations. And making the waters wormwood or bitter means corrupting the Gentile nations with idolatry, adultery and other forms of sins. Now if you may notice, Satan had succeeded in corrupting foreign nations except Israel in the times of Abraham and the patriarchs and Moses. Now any men who drank of the waters died in the sense of a spiritual or moral death. It means that any one who allowed the corrupted ones to influence them ends up being corrupted. Now if you also notice, Israel only followed after idolatry as a result of influence from other nations. Thanks for keeping this thread alive. With love kingdomwitness

Wormwod is wormwood not satan 

You're absolutely right! "Wormwood" is just as the name suggests in the history books (1605-15) - the PLANT and the DRINK it inspired! "Wormwood" is the alternate name for "absinthe," a "strong, green liqueur made with wormwood and other herbs, having a bitter licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries." (Is it still? I wouldn't know.) And, the term "wormwood" itself is defined as "any composite plant of the genus Artemisia, especially the bitter, aromatic plant, A. absinthium, of Eurasia, used as a vermifuge and a tonic, and as an ingredient in absinthe." The Greek term here is "apsinthos," which is from where the word "absinthe" comes!

It's interesting how this "star" is described in Revelation:

Revelation 8:10-11
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
KJV

The phrase "burning as it were a lamp" is translated from the Greek phrase "kaiomenos hoos lampas" meaning "burning like a-torch." It was a "large star" that had a FLAME, probably sputtering like a torch! In other words, it had a chemical tail that burned! This is a meteorite with a chemical discharge that contaminates all the rivers, streams, and springs - all the fresh water sources! This is talking about just one of the many meteorites that the earth will experience at this time.

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

Wow! Revelation could be seen literally and symbolically. Well to me, looking at world events, we have gone through the seven seals and up to part of the 6th trumpet sound except the part of the two witnesses which remains obscure to me. Are the two witnesses the Protestant and Orthodox churches? Well as for the 7th trumpet, no one knows when it will begin to sound.

Good point Izzel. :thumbsup:  Wormwood is Wormwood and can not be anything other than that. Thanks Retrobyter :mgcheerful: with the help of your skill in the Hebrew and Greek translations into English. To say it is a meteor with a gas or toxic make up would make sense since it would be caught on fire like of a torch. I can just imagine this thing may be a humungous size to kill so many people.

Again if you observe Matt 24:29 the Heavens are shaken. Thus in Rev:6 Jesus speaks of the Heavenly bodies. That like a fig tree. The wind will blow shaking its leaves and the figs will fall. In this case on the Earth ‘ Falling Stars’ or Meteor showers. But these will be greater than ever before. Greater because this will supersede other meteor fallings to show us the significant signs. This will climax at the end of the Trib 3 ½ yrs..

This to be as of yet a a future fulfillment that both Matt 24 and Rev 6 speak of this through Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Daniel, and Zechariah and other books. These books help us to figure out those Revelation mysteries how to interpret this Last End time book of the End. God is in Genesis and He is in Revelation.

Revelation 1:8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 1:7-9 (in Context) Revelation 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

Revelation 22:13

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

Revelation 22:12-14 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

well i also see prophecies as literal. the propheet Nahum in chapter 2 or so of his book made mention of chariots being with flaming torches in the future or so. I believe that this refers to automobiles or cars with flashy headlights.

Kingdom witness I agree with you..

1. Nahum 2:3
    The shields of his mighty men are made red, The valiant men are in scarlet. The chariots come with flaming torches In the day of his preparation, And the spears are brandished.

2. Nahum 2:4
    The chariots rage in the streets, They jostle one another in the broad roads; They seem like torches, They run like lightning.
    Nahum 2:3-5 (in Context) Nahum 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

So the Bible is a mix of symbolism, literal, parable, allergoriy, Psalms or Songs and Proverbially teachings

which Christians try to read while we learn as they are looking at the text.

Is this verse symbolic, literal or some other category?

Often read subtitles on the top, read the entire chapter, divide the proper sections, and use at least 2 Bibles for translation

purposes. Last I would use several commentaries and especially if I am unsure like Matthew Henry for example.

No commentator is perfect but 1 like Matthew Henry does help us to move in the right direction.

Lastly I want to say "chariots as lightning" I believe as you do KW that it's todays automobiles.

Our cars are run by horsepower just as chariots were pulled by horses. Our cars would be lightning compared to chariots. And if I may say this little joke..Elijah had high technology he was in a flying car :laughing:

Edited by GlidingWings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

I do believe that Prophets of old saw automobiles in their visions(Nahum) ........can you all just imagine ,for example,how astonished & bewildered John must have been as God gave him a glimpse of the future!!!Trying to describe sonic jets ,tanks,planes,helicopters & such?Or the beauty & glorious appearance of Heaven!!!!!He cannot even find gems or precious metals that he knew of to describe the things he saw.....he said it was "like" jasper & "like"emerald but nothing of this earth could compare....WOW!

Praise & Glory to God & all His Wonders!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

This has nothing to do with present day automobiles.  This is about Nineveh and it's destruction. v.7 - It is decreed that the city be exiled and carried away. Go to chp 3   the crack of whips, the clatter of wheels, galloping horses and jolting chariots. Please read the whole book of Nahum.

In Christ

Montana Marv