• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Huh true Nebula, you just made me realize that. Kind of like a muffled silence.

"Muffled silence" sounds like a good description!

yea a very mute sound of the snow falling, very unique sound indeed.

Yes, it is. There's something calming and beautiful about it, isn't it?

yes very calming.

If silence was a sound it would be my favorite. I like the sound the ocean makes when it washes up and down the shore.. 

i love the sounds of the sea too.

Yes,I love the sound of the ocean.Staying in a cabin right by the ocean and hearing the ocean roar can put me right to sleep.....yes or even at a hotel up high enough I would leave the sliding glass door open most of night just to hear the sound of the ocean.

or even a hotel up high enough (don't want any unexpectant guests walking in)...would leave the glass sliding door open most of the night just to hear the waves crashing in the shore line. 

lol I do own my own home, but its not in the woods. I would love to be able to afford to live in the woods-I actually feel safer in the woods, then I do in town. I trust nature, far more then my fellow man.

I was a little nervous several years back when we moved here.I thought it might not be as safe because it was so remote but it has turned out to be very safe.And a couple of times someone has shown up at our door.OH BOY!!!! I tell them are you ever lost   :grin:

I remember growing up on a farmland and had the woods all around us, and small creeks, the trickling sound of the water, my folks had 50 acres, when i was a kid and i use to hike around all that stuff, was the best! except late at night we had creepy things like wild dogs that might come up near the barn and my dad had to go out with his gun to scare them wild dogs away. That was years ago so now I Live in the city, and I get that urge alot to go out walking and its nothing like being out in the country but it makes a person appreciate life in a different way.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Blessings Flame...

Not to mention the sounds of the horses excitement when you come into the barn at sunrise to feed,the rusting & snorting & whinnying & moments later just hearing them at play when you turn them out....the thundering sound of a full gallop or the music of a happy canter.......I could listen to those sounds for hours on end................

And I love to hear the roosters crow,Hall....but then again it was probably because it was not what woke me up,I was up & busy at the barn before they even awoke-lol

With love,in Christ -Kwik

Blessings to you too Kwik stuff. Yep ya got me reminiscing big time over here! lol Made me think of a song back then (which I played over and over again). What was it called? "Run for the roses", they would play that at the Kentucky Derby.

I learned my fear of bees when the horse I was on and another were racing across a field in Collegville PA and my horse stepped on an underground hornets nest, and I got tossed into it lol

But thank God I was passed out and slept through the whole thing

I love and miss the smell of manure.

Feels weird to say, I miss poop!

Who'd have thunk'd it? lol

The best of times was with the horses actually, its like you get into this zone or something and your world becomes barns, if your made for it you really miss it when that's not a part of your life anymore.

I so wanted my daughter to enter into that, so we took her 3 times a week for lessons here, and she had me in her, she loved it too! Its even cool to see yourself in your own children and see their eyes light up as yours did in the same thing.

I would like to get chickens this year, and cant say I want a rooster though lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Flame,

I know exactly what you mean......my heart aches for the smell of manure!!!!!ROFL,,,,seriousl!    THis is a delightful thread,thanks so much DRS for posting it! Its so beautiful to imagine what everyone is describing,Hall,Desi,Pat,Bopeep...everyone,it all sounds(& smells)so great!!!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Guest AFlameOfFire

They ought to bottle and market "barn smell" (or the essence thereof) cause I would buy it lol

We used to live in a old converted barn way back in PA but you know I could live in an unconverted barn and feel right at home. I never thought about that before, but waking up to barn smells (and sounds) in a hayloft is so appealing to me lol

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Manure scented candles...Mmm Where is this thread going? lol

Guest AFlameOfFire

Manure scented candles...Mmm Where is this thread going? lol

I am "so in the barn" rubberband man (lol)

I believe Glade or some other brand come out with a candle called "straw" I liked that one too, but I cant find it now.

If only humans could smell that good after eating greens (lol)

Especially after eating asparagus (ew!)

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

lol I have to admit that I'm a closet horse manure smeller too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

If silence was a sound it would be my favorite. I like the sound the ocean makes when it washes up and down the shore..

Agreed. The sound of silence. If that's not a sound, then the sound of a ribeye on the grill........