Guest DRS81

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

The term "soul mate" is not found within the scriptures so it is what you would call an unbiblical term.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Willamina, I loved your reply. First because it made a lot of sense to me and second because the last part about your feelings towards your husband made me smile.  A much needed smile today. Thank you!

Liz

I don't know myself. Your thoughts.

It depends on what you mean by Biblical.  If you are asking if there is scripture I can point to showing everyone has a soul mate, the answer is no.  If you are asking if the very idea is against scripture, I would say it is not.  I have no trouble believing God has a specific person he planned to put you with from the start.  I can't say this is absolute or Biblical truth, because again, the term is not found in the Bible, but neither do I discount it. 

I have no trouble believing God has a specific person he planned to put you with from the start.  I can't say this is absolute or Biblical truth, because again, the term is not found in the Bible, but neither do I discount it. 

I have no trouble believing that too because of his omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence. For example, there's a reason my mom and dad met on that specific day, in that city and year and in that building and then got married and had me in 1981. But then again......there's children born before marriage and in broken homes so.... does God pick your family, or does that actual person or couple have responsibility to lead a good life and live by the book.

I have no trouble believing God has a specific person he planned to put you with from the start.  I can't say this is absolute or Biblical truth, because again, the term is not found in the Bible, but neither do I discount it. 

I have no trouble believing that too because of his omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence. For example, there's a reason my mom and dad met on that specific day, in that city and year and in that building and then got married and had me in 1981. But then again......there's children born before marriage and in broken homes so.... does God pick your family, or does that actual person or couple have responsibility to lead a good life and live by the book.

My personal opinion is that nobody is conceived by accident, regardless of the circumstances.  Look how many people go around through life seeing themselves as an accident.  Perhaps the parents didn't plan on them, but God had a reason for creating them, That is my belief anyway.  I don't believe my marriage was by accident either.  I believe I met my wife when and where I was supposed to, and that it was part of God's plan from the beginning.  I just don't believe in coincidence or that things just happen by chance. 

My personal opinion is that nobody is conceived by accident, regardless of the circumstances.  Look how many people go around through life seeing themselves as an accident.  Perhaps the parents didn't plan on them, but God had a reason for creating them, That is my belief anyway.  I don't believe my marriage was by accident either.  I believe I met my wife when and where I was supposed to, and that it was part of God's plan from the beginning.  I just don't believe in coincidence or that things just happen by chance. 

What about the free will to rape someone or have an abortion. What's God's reason for all the teenage abortions.

What about the free will to rape someone or have an abortion. What's God's reason for all the teenage abortions.

Only God himself could answer that question.  I don't know why he is going to make the world go through the great tribulation period, rather than Jesus just setting up his Kingdom right away.  I don't know why we need the millennial reign before the new heaven and new earth.  It is just part of his plan. 

Only God himself could answer that question.

Why does God have to answer it. What about people taking responsibility for their sin and walking away from temptation. Or was the rape and abortion already predetermined by God. I think God gave us free will so we can choose to fight for what's good, right?

Only God himself could answer that question.

Why does God have to answer it. What about people taking responsibility for their sin and walking away from temptation. Or was the rape and abortion already predetermined by God. I think God gave us free will so we can choose to fight for what's good, right?

He created his servants to fight for right, and the evil people as opposition to us.  It is no different than asking the biggest question of all, why create Lucifer knowing he would rebel, and why allow him to do so much harm to good people?  Do you think God is unable to stop any evil from occurring anytime he desires?  Why does God let evil things happen?  How about the temptation of Job?  It has always amazed me how people can believe good things that occur are the will of God, but not the evil.  I have been to church services and heard the preacher say that if we are there, it is not by accident, but it was God's will.  If that is true, how about when something bad happens? 

He created his servants to fight for right, and the evil people as opposition to us.  It is no different than asking the biggest question of all, why create Lucifer knowing he would rebel, and why allow him to do so much harm to good people?  Do you think God is unable to stop any evil from occurring anytime he desires?  Why does God let evil things happen?  How about the temptation of Job?  It has always amazed me how people can believe good things that occur are the will of God, but not the evil.  I have been to church services and heard the preacher say that if we are there, it is not by accident, but it was God's will.  If that is true, how about when something bad happens? 

All good questions that are beyond me.