IGNORED

Ken Ham vs. Bill Nye (The "Science" Guy), Creation vs Evolutio

Enoch2021

Guest shiloh357

Yeah I agree, public debates are not typically a way I'd want to learn about whether a position is good or not. They typically just cause each side to retrench. It's a performance piece. By the way, I haven't seen the debate in question so I don't know who came off looking better to the public.

The debate hasn't happened yet.  It's on Feb. 4th

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah I agree, public debates are not typically a way I'd want to learn about whether a position is good or not. They typically just cause each side to retrench. It's a performance piece. By the way, I haven't seen the debate in question so I don't know who came off looking better to the public.

Well, all the more reason I haven't seen it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

LOL

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

LOL

:24: that's called being light on your feet!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I suspect the retrenching id liken to discussing the Trinity with a jw.  They come back next week with new twisted answers.  As for believers, we too can glean some useful pointers from this debate to use as ammunition of our own.  Our Side is seen as a door mat by the unbelievers.  It is nice to know that once in awhile we actually get the opportunity to to profess our beliefs without being interrupted.  I'm gonna watch.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

?

What's to debate beyond your salvation.  Either you believe Christ is your salvation or you don't.

Edited by jerryR34

?

What's to debate beyond your salvation.  Either you believe Christ is your salvation or you don't.

~

Well Beloved, There Is That Whole "There Is No Salvation"

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Thing We See In "Science"

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

~

Dear One, Please Don't Be Bitter

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

Believe And Be Blessed

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Love, Joe

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

?

God does not require or even want Blind Faith.  He has left enough evidence through His word that He created us.  Some folks just need a few more facts before they are able to hear Jesus knocking on their door.   Some are n the fence and can tip either way depending on the substance.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Our Side is seen as a door mat by the unbelievers.

Only till the door opens and Matt goes in :D

Guest shiloh357

As of right now, this is scheduled to be Live Streamed for Free: http://debatelive.org/ Tuesday Feb 4, 7PM ET.

I am very much excited for this... it will be awesome to see the Glory God will bring to Himself in this :thumbsup:

I wish I had your confidence about who will get the most glory after this debate-God or satan. Personally, I think public opinion will strongly favor the science guy and the Christian will come out looking silly.

We shall see.

I don't see why people think that Bily Nye is going to have such an easy go at it in this debate.   Billy Nye is not a Biologist. He has no advanced degrees in any of life sciences, nor does he have a degree in Physics, Geology, Astronomy, Astrophysics, or whatever.

Bill Nye has  a bachelor's degree in science in the field of mechanical engineering.    He has some honorary doctrates in the same field. He  was a mechanical engineer at Boeing, but he is not really a "science guy."   Nye's portfolio isn't really all that impressive.  Critics of Ken Ham think that Nye is going to wipe the floor with him, but based on educational background alone, Ham has actually clocked in more hours with actual life sciences and physical sciences than Nye.