IGNORED

Who believes the Rapture will happen this year?

doug_kd

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I knew when I saw the title of this thread that something like this was going to happen. I thought to myself 'oh-ohh, I wonder how long we'll have to wait before a post-tribber comes along and starts another rapture war'.

:swordfightsmiles:

pre!                     no, post!

All I can say is that if you're gonna start a thread called "Who believes the rapture will happen this year" then you're kind of asking for it!   :mgcheerful:

If everyone just respected each others end time views that would not happen.Everyone has to right to interpret the end times as they wish.No one should ever belittle another on a Christian website regarding their view.

I know. I agree. As a rapture 'Switzerlander', I always find the rapture wars quite amusing, but I imagine that it can be frustrating for everyone else.

I do not like the nasty debates.Sometimes they get heated and people get angry and very inappropriate.Why not just admit everyone has their own views and let it go  :noidea:

I agree.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come

Did you notice that angels will be preaching this message in the great trib. Pretty interesting wouldn't you say?

I wonder again- maybe they are doing this job because the church is no longer present to do it.

Just sayin......

interesting, I must say I have found God is the first to send Angels, should I call upon Him. Angels are created beings just like us and a subject to Gods wisdom and direction.

colossians 1:16  For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I do not know when it is going to happen but God does  :mgcheerful: .I hope it happens soon too.It could happen any second.Welcome to Worthy.

How could it happen any second?  Does it not say Elijah will come to restore all things?

Hu    :hmmm:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I do not know when it is going to happen but God does  :mgcheerful: .I hope it happens soon too.It could happen any second.Welcome to Worthy.

How could it happen any second?  Does it not say Elijah will come to restore all things?

Hu    :hmmm:

Mark 9:12 Then He answered and told them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and restores all things. And how is it written concerning the Son of Man, that He must suffer many things and be treated with contempt? 13 But I say to you that Elijah has also come, and they did to him whatever they wished, as it is written of him.”

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come

Did you notice that angels will be preaching this message in the great trib. Pretty interesting wouldn't you say?

I wonder again- maybe they are doing this job because the church is no longer present to do it.

Just sayin......

After the angels bringing the Gospel it says,

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

I don't see anywhere where it says the Church wont be here. :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

Just sayin......

After the angels bringing the Gospel it says,Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Your point is noted and a good one my young friend.

But, I'm not 100% convinced these "saints" aren't the trib saints, and I still am not sure what God meant when he said the church is not appointed to his wrath. I know what Marv said, his wrath is the final judgment, and this is a good point too, but I'm still not sure.

Honestly, I think every position can be supported with scripture.

Just sayin......

After the angels bringing the Gospel it says,Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

But, I'm not 100% convinced these "saints" aren't the trib saints, and I still am not sure what God meant when he said the church is not appointed to his wrath. I know what Marv said, his wrath is the final judgment, and this is a good point too, but I'm still not sure.

When Jesus comes, He's going to pour out His wrath upon the earth, and He will not pour out His wrath on the righteous.  Is the tribulation God's wrath or the devils? I don't think God's wrath would involve persicuting saints. We're not apointed to wrath but we are promised persicution.

I think that it's not as clear and you can get multiple positions supported by scripture because He wants us to focus more on the mission He gave us. :) The world is getting darker, but more and more believers are being empowered to be His light in this dark world.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

Just sayin......

When Jesus comes, He's going to pour out His wrath upon the earth, and He will not pour out His wrath on the righteous.  Is the tribulation God's wrath or the devils? I don't think God's wrath would involve persicuting saints. We're not apointed to wrath but we are promised persicution.

I think that it's not as clear and you can get multiple positions supported by scripture because He wants us to focus more on the mission He gave us. :) The world is getting darker, but more and more believers are being empowered to be His light in this dark world.

Reading your words puts a big smile on my face. I love seeing young people like yourselves on fire for The Lord. Absolutely love it. Your avatar inspires me. Love your family. I'm proud to be your older brother in Christ.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I hope It's soon, because there are signs in the heavens like the blood moons comingUp this year, and all the recent comets and meteorites in the sky... So it could all be leading up to something? Do you agree?

Hi doug,Welcome to worthy!It won't happen this year, or next, or even the one after that. Our gathering together won't be until after a falling away and the abomination of desolation (2 Thes. 2:1-4). This abomination occurs at the mid-point of Daniel's 70th week (final 7 yrs.), so it's just not going to happen this year.I think it's a shame that so many have been taught that the rapture is imminent, because it is not. And this has given many believers a false sense of security. The pre-trib rapture has become their hope, but many do not realize that it is a huge gamble, because most of them will not be prepared for what lies ahead, especially American believers.The U.S. economy will collapse before the rapture occurs, so it would be very wise to prepare for this now, just in case your hope is not realized. It's one thing to hope the rapture will happen first, but it's another thing to bank everything you have on it. There is no pre-trib rapture guarantee in the Bible, but far too many are banking on it. It will be like it was in the days of Noah. Noah and his family didn't board the ark seven years before the flood, it was seven days before. And many assume that those seven days represents seven years, but that's just wishful thinking.It's much better to prepare for tough times ahead. If the rapture happens, great, no loss!But if you see the storm coming and don't prepare, chances are great that you will not be able to endure. But sadly, most American's are fast asleep, including the believers that have been drinking that pre-trib cool-aid.The Psalm 83 war will happen before the rapture as well, and this will probably be the cause for the seven year covenant. What will you do then, when pre-tribbers are still here with the rest of us? What then?Cheers

Hola thunder. I think I'm a pre tribber but I still expect to see both the psalm 83 war and the Ezekiel 38 war. If I am here to witness the abomination of desolation, no big deal. My wife has stocked us up our basement for essentials which includes plenty of ammunition.Don't mess with the Spock! Of course, I still pray Luke 21:36 prayer continuously.I'm covered bro, so don't worry about the Spocker. Oh, by the way, if you plan to come and visit me during the trib, be careful-my meat eating vicious dogs don't like strangers either. LolSpock out and looking to go up

I think we disagree about the timing of those wars, but I'm very glad to see you are prepared. Most believers in my neck of the woods are not going to know what hit them until it's too late.Cheers

One question for now-

Those who believe true believers will be here throughout the great trib means they will be here when the mark of the beast is in force. It says, if you take the mark you will be eternally damned.

How do you reconcile this?

In a nutshell, yes, all who take the mark will be doomed. The last believer martyred will signal the end of the first resurrection.

Do you see God supernaturally protecting every believer? As you know, not all believers are STRONG in Christ. We do sin. Can't you see some believers weak in their faith and succumbing to the mark so that they could feed their families?

Just curious. How do you see this playing out?

Thanks,

Your brother, Spock

No, after the last martyr is killed, some men will want to die but death will flee from them (Rev. 9:6). I believe these are the believers who will fall away (sheep) along with the remnant in Israel that flees to the mountains after the abomination of desolation. God must protect them, because they accepted Christ in the past, even though they were not ready when Christ returns and too weak to endure. I believe these represent the wood, hay and stubble, and there rewards will be burned up. They are still saved (protected), yet only as one escaping through the flames (1 Cor. 3:15). They are no longer saints, but they still belong to Christ and He will not lose one.

The martyr's were not protected obviously, but those who are ready, as Christ warns in Matt. 24, they will escape via the rapture. In this scenario you can clearly see all of the rewards for believers in a nutshell.

Far too many teachers are claiming the Church will be raptured, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know the martyrs won't be raptured, but they will also be returning with glorified bodies to reign with Christ (Rev. 20:4). And neither will the sheep that will be separated from the goats, when the Lord returns to judge the nations (Matt. 25:31-46). I believe the sheep are the one's who will be cast into the outer darkness or out of the kingdom when they depart the faith, and back into this dark world, where the prince of darkness now rules. So they will remain in their mortal bodies and re-populate the earth in the millennium.

This is why was Christ repeatedly warning His followers that they must be ready. Should we assume that every believer will be ready when He appears? I don't think so.

Cheers

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I just want to applaud a good discussion of end time theology. Too often Christians fail to speak (write in this case) as a Christian should when getting into these controvercial and difficult subjects.

Here is a couple of thoughts:

You can be hoping for rapture but fail to be prepared to be martyred, but if you are prepared to be martyred, you will be good for rapture!

No matter what, we need to be found FAITHFUL. We all need to be about the Father's business, awake in the Spirit, and working and living for the Kingdom of Christ. It's a good thing always to search and meditate on the scriptures for all our answers, no matter how this pan-tribs out!

Blessings to all, Andy