IGNORED

The Holy Spirit - can I have some please?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Okay - this may seem a bit odd for me to say this now. I've been on Worthy for over a year, and I keep hearing people talk about the Holy Spirit - "the Holy Spirit told me this", "the Holy Spirit told me that", "the Holy Spirit guided me to..." and so on.

But why don't I have the Holy Spirit? I don't feel anything. What is it supposed to feel like?

I have absolute faith in God. I don't doubt his existence for one moment - there's too much proof around me for that. I pray and confess my sins and I think that he hears me, although to be honest, I don't think that he's answered one prayer yet, and if he has it seems to be just a coincidence.

As for this Holy Spirit stuff, well all I can say is, "what Holy Spirit?" I never felt anything enter me, or change me. If I get the Holy Spirit, how would I know? I've not experienced it, so how can I tell if I have it?

Unless of course, it's that warm, fuzzy peaceful feeling that I get sometimes after praying, and if it is, I'm worried. Because I used to get that same feeling before I was saved. I got it on any number of occasions when I felt comfortable and safe.

So, am I saved or not? I definitely believe in God, but I'm worried that he doesn't believe in me.

hello, i'm cd, lets start with this God does answer your prayers. those coincidences are really answered prayers you just dont realize it. And yes God sometimes decides not to answer prayers because the prayer your praying for God thinks might hurt you in the future. the only way to tell if your saved is if you've accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. so i cant say that your saved, thats only between you and God. And God does not believe in you, what i mean by that is... God can only watch over you, not pray to or for you. he loves you so much. you might not realize it, but God will always supply your needs. by that i dont mean fancy sports cars or a nice house, i mean essentials like food clothes shelter etc. i hope you start listening more to God, start thanking him for answered and unanswered prayers. start giving him all the credit for the things in your life. start thanking him for the simple things like food and water. start asking less and gloryfi Him more, tell God how much you really love Him. i hope you follow my advice. God bless you and i'll be praying for you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I often get the warm fuzzy feeling in my heart when thinking about God, but I never get any voice giving me advice or leading me anywhere as so many others claim.

I think I can spot real evil when I see it because something in my heart warns me of it, but apart from that there's very little.

We are told to let the peace of God rule [act as an umpire] in our hearts. Col. 3:15 from Amp. . This is what is happening when you spot evil and your heart warns you. Even Samuel had to learn to recognize God's voice when He spoke to him in the night. I had a small group help to disciple me and they helped me with a lot of this. You may hear the same message several times during a week, like a phrase from a sermon or a verse. You don't always feel anything. It just comes to your attention several times. That is one of many ways that God speaks. We need to be searching for answers and willing to receive the answer even through people we don't like to hear it from. And most of all it must harmonize with God's word. Our pastor has a book and verse number that comes to mind which he then looks up. That doesn't happen to me. He deals with us as individuals. I didn't feel much when I was baptized. Maybe peace, but not a lot like others discrìbe. We are all different and react differently.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I often get the warm fuzzy feeling in my heart when thinking about God, but I never get any voice giving me advice or leading me anywhere as so many others claim.

I think I can spot real evil when I see it because something in my heart warns me of it, but apart from that there's very little.

We are told to let the peace of God rule [act as an umpire] in our hearts. Col. 3:15 from Amp. . This is what is happening when you spot evil and your heart warns you. Even Samuel had to learn to recognize God's voice when He spoke to him in the night. I had a small group help to disciple me and they helped me with a lot of this. You may hear the same message several times during a week, like a phrase from a sermon or a verse. You don't always feel anything. It just comes to your attention several times. That is one of many ways that God speaks. We need to be searching for answers and willing to receive the answer even through people we don't like to hear it from. And most of all it must harmonize with God's word. Our pastor has a book and verse number that comes to mind which he then looks up. That doesn't happen to me. He deals with us as individuals. I didn't feel much when I was baptized. Maybe peace, but not a lot like others discrìbe. We are all different and react differently.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak,

Please forgive me if I repeat what might have been said already but I was just going to log off when I read your OP & quite frankly I only read a couple of posts & not the long long long ones...................& do want to tell you that it is not about feelings & feelings should never be a determining factor in anything because we cannot rely,depend or even count on  our emotions or anything that is of the flesh..................of course '"feelings" can be involved but they must be discerned which is also done by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Firstly,Jesus said He had to leave in order to send another,the Helper(Counselor,Comforter) & He did not even give His Spirit to His apostles right away because they were not fully committed to Him & when they were ,they were indwelled.....................when we fully commit ourselves to Christ we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit...........only you know if you are or not ,that is between you & Jesus

The Holy Spirit brings remembrance to us,so as we are filled with the Word of God ,,,,these are the things that will be brought  our mind....it is a confident,peaceful,blessed, assurance of Wisdom & Understanding at the appropriate time ...................a clear & concise knowing....you may say a Scripture in response to someone that you did not even realize you knew(because you didn't but you have ingested it when you read it or heard it)

For everyone it is different,the more intimate you become with God the easier it becomes to access that Power & hear His Still,Small ,Voice.  But many things can prevent us from "hearing" or being sensitive to the Holy Spirits promptings........that is why I often say that knowledge gets in the way of Wisdom......Trust God & pray without ceasing.......Ask yourself if there is anything you are not willing to forsake,lean not on your own understanding,do you regard the Holy Spirit as a Person of the GodHead or a thing?

We can talk a lot more about these things but pray on this with all earnesty & surrender your heart & mind  for the Heart & Mind of Christ.........the Holy Spirit is not really warm & fuzzy,He is Peaceful,Bold & Confident,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God Bless You

With love in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Blessings Oak,

Please forgive me if I repeat what might have been said already but I was just going to log off when I read your OP & quite frankly I only read a couple of posts & not the long long long ones...................& do want to tell you that it is not about feelings & feelings should never be a determining factor in anything because we cannot rely,depend or even count on  our emotions or anything that is of the flesh..................of course '"feelings" can be involved but they must be discerned which is also done by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Firstly,Jesus said He had to leave in order to send another,the Helper(Counselor,Comforter) & He did not even give His Spirit to His apostles right away because they were not fully committed to Him & when they were ,they were indwelled.....................when we fully commit ourselves to Christ we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit...........only you know if you are or not ,that is between you & Jesus

The Holy Spirit brings remembrance to us,so as we are filled with the Word of God ,,,,these are the things that will be brought  our mind....it is a confident,peaceful,blessed, assurance of Wisdom & Understanding at the appropriate time ...................a clear & concise knowing....you may say a Scripture in response to someone that you did not even realize you knew(because you didn't but you have ingested it when you read it or heard it)

For everyone it is different,the more intimate you become with God the easier it becomes to access that Power & hear His Still,Small ,Voice.  But many things can prevent us from "hearing" or being sensitive to the Holy Spirits promptings........that is why I often say that knowledge gets in the way of Wisdom......Trust God & pray without ceasing.......Ask yourself if there is anything you are not willing to forsake,lean not on your own understanding,do you regard the Holy Spirit as a Person of the GodHead or a thing?

We can talk a lot more about these things but pray on this with all earnesty & surrender your heart & mind  for the Heart & Mind of Christ.........the Holy Spirit is not really warm & fuzzy,He is Peaceful,Bold & Confident,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God Bless You

With love in Christ-Kwik

Thank you