• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe hit the breaks by not adding to it what is not there? Just a thought

Well I think we agree that wouldn't be God's Word... would it :)

You have correctly identified the need to stand on His Word alone by the

context alone into the eternity together with Him... Love, Steven

Amen! ^_^

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Are you Serious!!  Have you read these THREADS??  Changing and Adding to GOD'S WORD is Standing Operating Procedure from the Majority of posters!!!

:blink:

Have you not read any of my posts in this thread? I've been agreeing with you, Enoch!! (mostly lol)

When someone challenged the names in Genesis 5, I tried to defend it. I failed, but that says more of my lack of knowledge in Hebrew than any problem with the actual meanings.

Honestly, I think this stuff is fascinating.

All I was saying here was that we need to be careful not to take it too far.

Truce? ^_^

==================================================================================

Truce?

Hey Sheniy,

Didn't mean to go off on Ya  :)  Like I said it's very difficult (IN SOME CASES) to discern Intent.  And this is very important and something I should have mentioned.  ALL of Times when I post... it's not for the Addressee.  It's for all the people that come behind and view these threads....so it's not personal.   I may need to put this statement as a default splice to all my posts.

You seem like a Kind Person in our discussions and have a Great Sense of Humor (Which I Love, by the way!)

But let me say this.... It doesn't matter if you're the King of a Church/Country/ Small Planet....if you take the PLAIN WORD OF GOD an attempt to distort it; Or feebly try to use "science" in an attempt to UNDERMINE the TRUTH, Then;

There is No Truce.

I can't explain it......... THE LORD HAS STAMPED IT ON MY HEART.  There's no turning back for me personally @ this point.

It is the least that this wretch can do For the Indescribable Love, Grace, and Mercy HE has bestowed on me.  If you have known me, I can't make that Mercy Phrase big enough!!! 

This is where I Stand!

Caveat:  If there is something in the WORD (or science) that is not Plainly Clear or I don't understand, I will Stop and SHUT UP...and Go to HIM and search for what it means.

Hope it helps  :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Are you Serious!!  Have you read these THREADS??  Changing and Adding to GOD'S WORD is Standing Operating Procedure from the Majority of posters!!!

:blink:

Have you not read any of my posts in this thread? I've been agreeing with you, Enoch!! (mostly lol)

When someone challenged the names in Genesis 5, I tried to defend it. I failed, but that says more of my lack of knowledge in Hebrew than any problem with the actual meanings.

Honestly, I think this stuff is fascinating.

All I was saying here was that we need to be careful not to take it too far.

Truce? ^_^

==================================================================================

Truce?

Hey Sheniy,

Didn't mean to go off on Ya  :)  Like I said it's very difficult (IN SOME CASES) to discern Intent.  And this is very important and something I should have mentioned.  ALL of Times when I post... it's not for the Addressee.  It's for all the people that come behind and view these threads....so it's not personal.   I may need to put this statement as a default splice to all my posts.

You seem like a Kind Person in our discussions and have a Great Sense of Humor (Which I Love, by the way!)

But let me say this.... It doesn't matter if you're the King of a Church/Country/ Small Planet....if you take the PLAIN WORD OF GOD an attempt to distort it; Or feebly try to use "science" in an attempt to UNDERMINE the TRUTH, Then;

There is No Truce.

I can't explain it......... THE LORD HAS STAMPED IT ON MY HEART.  There's no turning back for me personally @ this point.

It is the least that this wretch can do For the Indescribable Love, Grace, and Mercy HE has bestowed on me.  If you have known me, I can't make that Mercy Phrase big enough!!! 

This is where I Stand!

Caveat:  If there is something in the WORD (or science) that is not Plainly Clear or I don't understand, I will Stop and SHUT UP...and Go to HIM and search for what it means.

Hope it helps  :)

*thumbs up* ^_^

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/24/1985

My dear friend,

I can tell you for a fact that Yah is the author of the holy bible.

You see, He always chooses the right person for the job.

He picks the prophet who shares an affliction that the Father is also witnessing.

Basically the Word of God comes out of the prophet solely based on Yah's perfect selection.

It is because this selection has what's needed in mind for God's intended purpose.

Dear God also gives this selection visions and dreams to direct the prophet's thoughts when God needs to reveal things he does not yet understand.

I can also tell you God uses submissive and receptive individuals to do these awesome works. This is because the prophet is both more receptive to good and evil surrounding the nations.

Dear God Almighty uses the man's experiences and knowledge from his mind, then applies His teachings to him.

The result is the prophet, who has double vision. The prophets deliver the Word of God and this how our Father writes the book.

Sin + Repentence + Word of God / Dreams = Prophetic Word of God

Almighty needs not to lift a finger, for His servants shall do His will for Him. Amen.

Blessings,

Elijah

• Group:  Seeker
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

What is a "Yah"?

That is sort of what I thought, but the author used both it and "God" so I wanted to make sure.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow, guys, we've been carrying too much bitterness around that we can't seem to talk civil anymore.

LFA has valid reason to present skepticism because the presented information involves interpretation of the material as well as some extra-Biblical things. So there is no reason to be snarky about it.

Now LFA, sorry, but you were snarky in your skeptical critical criticisms. That wasn't necessary either.

If even a part of what was presented in the OP is genuine fact, that is very cool! If any of it is incorrect or correct, it isn't that big of a deal. Like the Shroud of Turin, if it is genuinely the negative imprint of Jesus' body from the resurrection, that is way awesome, but if not it does not shake nor change the faith.

There are enough visible evidences in the OT that point to Jesus' death and resurrection that we don't need to rely on hidden evidences (which may or may not be accurate) to point to God as being the author.

OK?

Kwik and Nebula,

You are both correct, especially you Nebula, I was snarky (I like that word by the way).   I will resolve from this point on to try and be less so and to be less defensive in my postings.  Thank you both for your wise council. 

I would like to offer this paper for inspection by the group.   It is a bit dated (1999) but it does a statistical analysis of alleged Bible codes and of ESL's in general.  A basic understanding of statistics and terms used in conjunction with statistics would be helpful but not necessary.  The article is titled "Solving the Bible Code Puzzle" and is from the Institute of Mathematical Statistics' Statistical Science Journal.

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/statsci/StatSci.pdf

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The Bible was written, inspired by God, to REVEAL, not conceal.  The idea that God set up Scripture so that we would have to hunt and peck and figure out mysterious codes is ludicrous.  And the familiar cycle continues; some can't take it when others don't buy their ideas or theories.  We should be able to get beyond that.  Don't we all serve the same God?