Enoch2021

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The Bible was written, inspired by God, to REVEAL, not conceal.  The idea that God set up Scripture so that we would have to hunt and peck and figure out mysterious codes is ludicrous.  And the familiar cycle continues; some can't take it when others don't buy their ideas or theories.  We should be able to get beyond that.  Don't we all serve the same God?

==============================================================================

some can't take it when others don't buy their ideas or theories.

I'm assuming that "some" is including me?

Well, I can take it.  And it wasn't a flippant "theory," I supported it.  If you'd like, you can refute any number of items that I posted...that's why I posted them.  If you do it systematically and respectfully with sound reasoning.....I have no problem, Whatsoever. If you refute it....GOOD!  We all learned something.....one less thing :)  If you confirm it and it Blesses You....Great!  You learned something.  It's a Win Win situation

The Bible was written, inspired by God, to REVEAL, not conceal.

Well that's a Strawman.  I never said it was written to "conceal".  I only wanted to point out that there apparently are some things concealed. 

I believe GOD also let us know, and then supported that with.....

(Proverbs 25:2) "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter."

We should be able to get beyond that.

Love, I presented the case and supported it.  If you think it's hogwash....I don't have an issue with it.  I found it compelling and very interesting.  Notwithstanding, there are some that probably do take it too far....so there is an inherent danger and I recognized that.

The idea..............is ludicrous.

See you're summarily dismissing the concept based on "an idea".   Then not only dismissing it but then adding your own color commentary that sounds emotional to me.  Do you have any "support" for your conclusion based on anything other than "an idea"??

Something that I can "Hang my Hat on", so to speak?

Don't we all serve the same God?

Now that's a question I've been asking myself for some time now.

Enoch, my posted comments referred to everyone who posts here, including me, and was in NO way about you.  Let go of the ego, stop trying to find something to be offended about and get on with it.  How you could make a generic post all about you if baffling to me. 

Perhaps instead of treating people like children you could address them as adults and you might get a better response.

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger

:thumbsup:

Exactly

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit. Proverbs 15:1-4

Right

A new commandment I give unto you,

That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34-35

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

The Bible was written, inspired by God, to REVEAL, not conceal.  The idea that God set up Scripture so that we would have to hunt and peck and figure out mysterious codes is ludicrous.  And the familiar cycle continues; some can't take it when others don't buy their ideas or theories.  We should be able to get beyond that.  Don't we all serve the same God?

==============================================================================

some can't take it when others don't buy their ideas or theories.

I'm assuming that "some" is including me?

Well, I can take it.  And it wasn't a flippant "theory," I supported it.  If you'd like, you can refute any number of items that I posted...that's why I posted them.  If you do it systematically and respectfully with sound reasoning.....I have no problem, Whatsoever. If you refute it....GOOD!  We all learned something.....one less thing :)  If you confirm it and it Blesses You....Great!  You learned something.  It's a Win Win situation

The Bible was written, inspired by God, to REVEAL, not conceal.

Well that's a Strawman.  I never said it was written to "conceal".  I only wanted to point out that there apparently are some things concealed. 

I believe GOD also let us know, and then supported that with.....

(Proverbs 25:2) "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter."

We should be able to get beyond that.

Love, I presented the case and supported it.  If you think it's hogwash....I don't have an issue with it.  I found it compelling and very interesting.  Notwithstanding, there are some that probably do take it too far....so there is an inherent danger and I recognized that.

The idea..............is ludicrous.

See you're summarily dismissing the concept based on "an idea".   Then not only dismissing it but then adding your own color commentary that sounds emotional to me.  Do you have any "support" for your conclusion based on anything other than "an idea"??

Something that I can "Hang my Hat on", so to speak?

Don't we all serve the same God?

Now that's a question I've been asking myself for some time now.

Enoch, my posted comments referred to everyone who posts here, including me, and was in NO way about you.  Let go of the ego, stop trying to find something to be offended about and get on with it.  How you could make a generic post all about you if baffling to me. 

========================================================================================

Ok, well.... we've never talked before as far as I'm aware., and then you post this.....

"The Bible was written, inspired by God, to REVEAL, not conceal.  The idea that God set up Scripture so that we would have to hunt and peck and figure out mysterious codes is ludicrous.  And the familiar cycle continues; some can't take it when others don't buy their ideas or theories.  We should be able to get beyond that.  Don't we all serve the same God?"

So, I posted the OP.  You said my concept was Ludicrous (without any support I might add). Some can't take it when they don't buy their ideas/theories....I POSTED THE OP and was defending it.

Are you saying that it was "baffling to you" why I personalized this message?   Is it clear now?

Just a suggestion....when you have the Urge to post a "Generalization" Unbeknownst to the board, it would probably be a good idea to make sure those "Generalizations" are "Generalized"

Just my take

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Having someone point out something and then you see it, that is a common & valid process of education.

It is also common practice for con artist and charlatans.  one needs to be weary of what they believe after being shown a pretty picture.

What leads you to believe that con men more than ordinary persons point out things & then you see them?  Didn't you mama & your teachers do that for you?  Yes, one can beware of reading meaning in out of imagination, and wary of con men.

Neb, I wasn't jumping down your throat....and, I do appreciate that you did.  Sorry, I should have said that.

I emphasize (Bold/different colors/ fonts et al) just to HIGHLIGHT and separate out concepts so they stand apart and are easily recognizable.  There are no emotions attached to it unless,  I do This.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, thank you for clarifying.

A huge problem we have with the online communication is the lack of body language and voice tone and flexion that expresses our heart and soul behind the words.  Thus, it takes some effort to show the intent of your heart with your words alone. So, I understand. But I have to ask you to please be careful. The replies you give against those you disagree with do come across as very "sharp. " OK?

Yes, 2021, you are right.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Having someone point out something and then you see it, that is a common & valid process of education.

It is also common practice for con artist and charlatans.  one needs to be weary of what they believe after being shown a pretty picture.

What leads you to believe that con men more than ordinary persons point out things & then you see them?  Didn't you mama & your teachers do that for you?  Yes, one can beware of reading meaning in out of imagination, and wary of con men.

Where did I indicate that they did it more than ordinary persons?  But, since you brought it up, some people are more skilled at knowing how to get people to see things in a certain way, it is both an innate trait and a learned one.   Part of my job is to prepare and deliver a presentation on our findings and suggestions.   The visual accompaniment to the data and suggestions are can go a very long way in getting our point across and in getting the audience to agree with us.  I could present the exact same data in 3 different manners and get 3 different responses.

Early in this thread I presented an image of what the camp looked like going just by the text...but  it lacks the emotional appeal that the bright cross on the blue background presents so it was dismissed.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

The camp in Numbers 2...when taken as written does not look much like a cross.

Numbers2-3-CampOrganization.JPG

=====================================================================================================

Early in this thread I presented an image of what the camp looked like going just by the text...but  it lacks the emotional appeal that the bright cross on the blue background presents so it was dismissed.

It lacks the emotional appeal of the cross?  It lacks the completeness of the picture in TOTO and any scrutiny with basic arithmetic, Why?  LOOK @ THE NUMBERS!!

Even if we dismiss the Cardinal Directions {WHICH ARE THE ONLY DIRECTIONS ORDAINED!!!} and the one's that GOD Specifically Told Them to Line up on!

The Rate Limiting Step is the Width of the Levite Camp. 

Look @ the Camp of Ephraim (Ephraim, Manasseh, Benjamin) Above, you have 180,100.  In your Depiction, the Levite Camp of Gershon is 7500.  How wide can you go to the North and the South if your Camp Ephraim? ......7500.   Where are the rest of the 172,600 gonna go??

If you keep going past the width of the 7500 Levites.....What's gonna Happen to Benjamin and Dan to the NORTH and Ephraim and Gad to the South???

Can somebody....Please Please I'm begging, for the Love of Everything Sacred and Holy, EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM.

Where did I indicate that they did it more than ordinary persons?  But, since you brought it up, some people are more skilled at knowing how to get people to see things in a certain way, it is both an innate trait and a learned one.   Part of my job is to prepare and deliver a presentation on our findings and suggestions.   The visual accompaniment to the data and suggestions are can go a very long way in getting our point across and in getting the audience to agree with us.  I could present the exact same data in 3 different manners and get 3 different responses.

It reminds me of the diff between the gift of exhortation and of teaching.

The teacher lets forth on missions.  The audience gasps in astonishment & saying to each other, "Now we really understand missions."  The exhorter lets forth on missions; & before he finishes, the whole audience stampedes out to door to go to far away shores.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

You know it's intresting that even Sir Isaac Newton realized this and was working on these very things right up until his death.  

Hey Shiloh,

I was just curious.  Is this what you consider good exegesis?

clb

No.  I simply stated a historical fact.   He thought there were codes in the Hebrew text and was doing research on it.  There are volumes of his work on the matter.  

Does Enoch know you don't consider this good exegesis?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

The camp in Numbers 2...when taken as written does not look much like a cross.

Numbers2-3-CampOrganization.JPG

=====================================================================================================

It lacks the emotional appeal of the cross?  It lacks the completeness of the picture in TOTO and any scrutiny with basic arithmetic, Why?  LOOK @ THE NUMBERS!!

Even if we dismiss the Cardinal Directions {WHICH ARE THE ONLY DIRECTIONS ORDAINED!!!} and the one's that GOD Specifically Told Them to Line up on!

The Rate Limiting Step is the Width of the Levite Camp. 

Look @ the Camp of Ephraim (Ephraim, Manasseh, Benjamin) Above, you have 180,100.  In your Depiction, the Levite Camp of Gershon is 7500.  How wide can you go to the North and the South if your Camp Ephraim? ......7500.   Where are the rest of the 172,600 gonna go??

If you keep going past the width of the 7500 Levites.....What's gonna Happen to Benjamin and Dan to the NORTH and Ephraim and Gad to the South???

Can somebody....Please Please I'm begging, for the Love of Everything Sacred and Holy, EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM.

Here is a suggestion, move past the 12 year old dramatics and stick to the topic at hand.  Probably asking too much of you, but it is worth a try.

The Bible does not say that the camp of Ephraim cannot be wider than the camp of Gershon, so the camp of Gershon is not a limiting factor.  The picture above displays how the camp was set up, just going by God's word and not adding your own ideas to God's word.

Looking back through this thread I see I had missed this gem from you...The Jewish Mindset is to follow the Letter of the LAW!!! (See Cardinal Directions Above);  that means NO GO for  NE/NW/SE/SW.

There are two problems with this.  First, according to the Bible and not your imagination, the Jews were not very good at following the rules. Some examples would be the golden calf, trying to gather mana when told not to, trying to store mana for the next day, and about 1000 more examples just in the first 5 books of the Bible.  Second problem is that Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, southeast are never used in the Bible, not once.  The terms North, South, East and West are typically used as a general direction.   And one other thing just struck me, using the camp of Dan to the north.  If that camp cannot be anything but exactly north of the Tent of Meeting, would that not mean that the camp of Dan can be no wider than the Tent of Meting, otherwise you are getting to the NW and NE of the tent.  So, is it your position that the 4 camps were no wider than the sides of the Tent of Meeting they were aligned with?