• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

... well, your first CLUE should have been the word "theory"  Since when has it been "The Rapture THEORY" among Christians?  That is the language of an opponent.  A distorter.  A skeptic.  A trouble maker.  It is simply "the Rapture" among the redeemed of the Lord.  Pay attention. They always leave clues.

Dead in Christ will rise?

Alive and remain changed and caught up to be with Him in the air?

Unseen - twinkling of an eye?

The Rapture is distinctively different from the Second Coming.

Coming down ... not going up.

All eyes can see (even long enough to prepare for global war against Him) ... not a twinkling of an eye.

Coming down to touch ground on the Mt of Olives ... not caught up in the clouds.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

... well, your first CLUE should have been the word "theory"  Since when has it been "The Rapture THEORY" among Christians?  That is the language of an opponent.  A distorter.  A skeptic.  A trouble maker.  It is simply "the Rapture" among the redeemed of the Lord.  Pay attention. They always leave clues.

All eyes can see (even long enough to prepare for global war against Him) ... not a twinkling of an eye.

Coming down to touch ground on the Mt of Olives ... not caught up in the clouds.

The dead in Christ will rise, ok which resurrection is this ?

Your question suggest there are many.

It would be better that you present them so we are on equal playing fields ... rather than me trying to "guess" what is in your head.

Present them ... then ask the question again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Why do you talk as if to insult other Christians? Seeing as the word rapture is not even in the Bible, why is it wrong to refer to it as the rapture theory? It is not the language of an opponent to call it that. Nor is it the language of a distorter or a skeptic. It is a simple question. There are many views on the rapture - pre-trib, post-trib, mid-trib. Are these not theories too, or is everyone who disagrees with you, a distorter, a skeptic or indeed a trouble-maker?

And thank you for reminding us all to pay attention. We must have all been asleep last time we read our Bibles!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

It would be better that you present them so we are on equal playing fields ... rather than me trying to "guess" what is in your head.

The rapture as a theory?

It is no theory but I Bible fact from 1 Thes 4.  harpagesometha = rapiemur = we shall be raptured.  The Rapture is the catching up of 1 Th 4:17 -- no mustard allowed!  Don't confuse the "Rapture" with various interpretations of when it comes.

There may be disagreement on

1) timing of Rapture

2) relation to Dan's 70th week

3) relation to the Tribulation,

4) nature of the Tribulation,

5) who goes at the Rapture,

6) identity w/ or distinguishing from Christ's 2nd Coming to Earth,

7) whether or not the Rapture is in the Olivet Discourse (Mat 24, etc.)

8) whether or not it is secret (or how secret / open it is),

9) the destination of those who are Raptured (Heaven, see John 14) or the Millennial Kingdom on earth (up & then back down (the upsy daisy theory?)

10) presence of absence of the Rapture in 1 Thes 5.

(Some erroneously id the Rapture with "The Day of the Lord.")

But be that as it may, the Rapture itself is a Bible fact.

And it is important to expect Christ to return & catch up His Bride (the Church) to a meeting in the air at any time -- even right now -- James 5.  And it is important not to go setting dates.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

The 2 resurrections spoken of in the end times that could be considered are called the first resurrection which happens at the second coming of Christ to start the 1000 year reign, or the other resurrection which happens after the 1000 year reign, just before the white throne judgment. The Bible speaks of no other resurrection that would trigger the pre-trib rapture. So with no pre-trib resurrection, there can be no pre-trib rapture. For the pre-trib rapture theory to be considered, one has to add a resurrection before the so called tribulation period.  

Why do you accuse me of "insulting" someone when the person I am TALKING TO says no such thing?  Maybe you should let THEM answer for a change?  Cause there is no "insult" in my post ... and that introduction is a ... well, if I finished that sentence, it would be an "insult"

The Word Trinity is not in the Bible either?  And ... we don't know the obvious? 

Nor is the word "Pentateuch"

Nor is the word "Father" (no English there)

Nor is the word "Rapture"

"J" didn't yet exist

Nor is the word "exegesis"

Nor hermeneutics

Nor apologetics

Nor first aorist and middle participles

Nor are a great many things

... so I don't know what your point is.

Thirdly, once again, you INSERT what you want into my posts.  Can you show me saying that it is WRONG?  No.  You can't ... can you (this is becoming a habit for you).  I said that among US Christians, it is called "The Rapture" and is never called "the rapture theory".  Was I wrong?  Was I wrong that the man is a skeptic?  LOL  You really aren't refuting me in any way Oakwood.  Not sure why you think you are, or can, or why you like to start something every time (observe, YOU throw the first stone, not I).

Fourthly, if you think I'm brand new to debating ... I suggest you cast that thought out immediately.  I prefer open mics, but, online panels are fine.  And once again, you INSERT your own delusion where I said no such thing.  You suggest that I think that anyone who disagrees with "me" is a distorter, skeptic, etc.  YOU inserted that.  I did not such thing.  You obviously can read, so how is it that you don't know the difference between debating pre/mid/post verse TRUE OR FALSE?!  This thread is about the debate between if it is TRUE or if it is FALSE ... last I could read.  In fact, it STILL is.  So ... what in the world are YOU talking about?

What is the definition of a Troll?

Fifthly, what you do with your Bible is not a concern of mine ... and given your constant tone, I suggest you do a lot more than just "read your Bible".

Agreed.

LOL

Remember, this isn't my thread.  I didn't create it.

The title of this thread is "the Rapture THEORY"...  I read the link that kingdomwitness presented.  Apparently, Oakwood did not. 

My point is as yours is, that there is no such thing as the Rapture THEORY for the Believers.  I've never heard of a "rapture theory" among the redeemed.  That is like a pastor preaching on the "theory of Creation"  Say what!? 

No, for believers, it is always simply stated as "they Rapture".  Apparently, Oakwood (who seems to be making a point of trying to challenge me all the time) doesn't seem to know this.

My response to kingdomwitness is that there are clues to know when articles are written by opponents.  I've been around the block enough times to spot clues when I see them ... including the immaturity, lack of understanding, and the combative spirit that I see from a small number of people in these threads - just looking for fights when no one is even talking to them.

So, yes.  We are in agreement.  It is THE RAPTURE.

When someone says "the antichrist" ... do you break out a laundry list of all people who were against Jesus ... knowing full well that their context and subject is THEE antichrist?

So, if I post something on the Messiah, are you going to dig up a list of all people who were 'annointed' and suggest that they are ALL "anointed ones"?

So, when we talk about the Rapture (and you inserted resurrection), and you start discussing all sorts of resurrections that have NOTHING TO DO WITH ACCOMODATING THE RAPTURE ... you think I will follow you?  I'm sorry Enoch ... I am no ones benefactor other than those who love the truth (and they mine), and things that are coy are unattractive to me.  So, I politely ignore whatever it is that you are alluding to (at least I am courteous enough to tell you so).

• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

I am somehow Inspired by Donibm though there seem to be some differences in our opinions and what we believe.