• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It's not a theory, it's a fact.  It will happen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys, what I read in the link am about to show you will shock you concerning the author's view of the rapture. http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/rapture-theory-false.html.

Pls check the link and let me know what you all think.

Too much biblical evidence pointing to there NOT being a pre- mid- or post-tribulation rapture.  

Matthew 13:9 "Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Hi guys, what I read in the link am about to show you will shock you concerning the author's view of the rapture. http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/rapture-theory-false.html.

Pls check the link and let me know what you all think.

Too much biblical evidence pointing to there NOT being a pre- mid- or post-tribulation rapture.  

Matthew 13:9 "Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

Please provide the biblical evidence you speak of.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is compared with the unexpected house break-in of the thief at night.  Those who teach the Secret Rapture say the Lord Jesus Christ will come as a thief in the night to snatch away true believers while others are asleep.   

Matthew 24:42-43   Our Lord said, “Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.  But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken in.”  

These verses say nothing about the secret rapture, but only indicate Jesus will return like the thief who would come at an unknown and unexpected time.  The warning is for Christians to be ready at all times.

1 Thessalonians 5:2   The apostle Paul wrote: “For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.” This verse does not mean that believers would be raptured because if you read two verses below Paul gave the explanation.  “But you, brethren, are not in darkness so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.” (1 Thes. 5:4) It says nothing about a secret rapture.  Again, the message here is NOT that Jesus' coming will be secret, but that it will occur at a time when most will not expect it, therefore we must WATCH!

2 Peter 3:10   Here is a scriptural verse that completely destroys the secret rapture theory.  “But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.”  How can there be a secret rapture when “the heavens will pass away with a great noise”?

OneLight

would it change your mind if I did? 

Just posting to the OP   :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

OneLight

would it change your mind if I did? 

Just posting to the OP   :thumbsup:

Usually people discuss on a discussion forum.  Isn't that why you joined?

There is enough evidence in this particular thread to make one question the rapture teaching. Some questions that may enter one's mind regarding the rapture may be:

• What is it? 
  • How does it work? 
  • Where does scripture support it?
  • Why is it just a relatively recent teaching, especially when Christ tells his disciples they have been "...given unto (them) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" (Matt 13:11) and then tells them to write about the mystries (Matt 13:52)? But then they never expand on what would be the most glorious miracle of all! Millions of people being zapped away instantly.  
  • Why would Christ bring my soul back to Earth from paradise, glorious heaven (assuming one's soul goes to heaven when they die) just to re-animate my body?
  • Wasn't Christ a physical being when he was taken up in the cloud after his resurrection? 
  • What about the souls that came back just after his resurrection? Was that the first resurrection, or just a trial run (Matt 27:52, 53)?

But those questions may lead one to the question:

• What really happens to one when they die?  

That gets pretty deep and difficult to contemplate. Very few have the patience to work through that piece of meat and the final answer becomes, which some are happy with:

• Well, God has it all under control (which He does).

And finally the grand question of them all:

• Do I need to know this to get into Heaven?

If someone can answer that last question, then I will finally have an answer for my daughter's question:

• Why do I have to take algebra in school? I'll never use it! 

So please, maybe someone has some real biblical truth as to why the rapture is "a fact".  All Glory to The God Of Heaven and Earth!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285

Do you really think it is a theory instead of a fact? There is heated debate on when the Rapture happens, but how can one debate that it will happen?

What I find to be the most "interesting" is all the debate surrounding the rapture - and then how are all the theories are correct?  :hmmm: Or are only some of them correct? But then which ones? Then all the controversy about the timing. How we can't know the timing. How only some preachers/prophets will know the timing. Then those that know turned out to be false prophets, but still believe and preach the rapture. So now, is the rapture a true doctrine taught by false prophets? Yes, but only the not false parts of the rapture. And on and on and on... :yadda:

Matthew 7:13,14

(13) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The implication here is that the more difficult path is the right path. It is more difficult to decide that we will go through tribulation than to think we will escape tribulation. The Greek word (thlebo) used in this verse for "narrow", as in "narrow is the way" means:

1. To press (as grapes), press hard upon
  2. a compressed way
    1. narrow straitened, contracted
  3. metaphor: to trouble, afflict, distress. 

The other times this word is used in the New Testament (KJV), it is translated into trouble, afflict, throng, suffer tribulation

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G2346&t=KJV

The right path is narrow, afflicted, full of tribulation, difficult.

Luke 14:27

And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 

The other day, I was carrying a large piece of lumber. It got me to wondering what it may have been like to be carrying the timber that I was going to be nailed to, and then after being flogged. "Thank you Lord Jesus for bearing my sin. Help me to bear my cross daily." 

My point is this: when I have my "face to face" with the almighty Creator of the World, I will be able to say "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee (Psalm 119:11)." and "Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand (Rev 1:3)"

It is prudent to:

1. Ask the Lord to open our eyes to what God is saying in his Word.

2. Dwell on His Word day and night.

3. Ponder His Words in our hearts.

4. Meditate on them as one would chew on a piece of meat. 

And we will discover, and the door will be opened to the joyous treasure that is the kingdom of Heaven. 

Matthew 13:44

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Edited by mevosper

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

There is enough evidence in this particular thread to make one question the rapture teaching. Some questions that may enter one's mind regarding the rapture may be:

• What is it? 
  • How does it work? 
  • Where does scripture support it?
  • Why is it just a relatively recent teaching, especially when Christ tells his disciples they have been "...given unto (them) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" (Matt 13:11) and then tells them to write about the mystries (Matt 13:52)? But then they never expand on what would be the most glorious miracle of all! Millions of people being zapped away instantly.  
  • Why would Christ bring my soul back to Earth from paradise, glorious heaven (assuming one's soul goes to heaven when they die) just to re-animate my body?
  • Wasn't Christ a physical being when he was taken up in the cloud after his resurrection? 
  • What about the souls that came back just after his resurrection? Was that the first resurrection, or just a trial run (Matt 27:52, 53)?

But those questions may lead one to the question:

• What really happens to one when they die?  

That gets pretty deep and difficult to contemplate. Very few have the patience to work through that piece of meat and the final answer becomes, which some are happy with:

• Well, God has it all under control (which He does).

And finally the grand question of them all:

• Do I need to know this to get into Heaven?

If someone can answer that last question, then I will finally have an answer for my daughter's question:

• Why do I have to take algebra in school? I'll never use it! 

So please, maybe someone has some real biblical truth as to why the rapture is "a fact".  All Glory to The God Of Heaven and Earth!!!

============================================================================

What is it?

It's the Rapture.

(1 Thessalonians 4:17) "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

The only question is when.  The who is "The Church"

How does it work?

(1 Thessalonians 4:15-16) "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  {16} For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

(1 Thessalonians 4:17) "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

These "Dead in Christ" and "Alive" are speaking of "The Church".....or the "Born Again Christians"

Where does scripture support it?

See above Thessalonians References.  And we (The Church "Born Again Christians") are not appointed to GOD'S Wrath:

**(1 Thessalonians 5:9) "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Whereas others will be partakers of it....

(Luke 21:23) " But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

(Romans 2:5) "But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;"

(Revelation 6:16) "And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:"

(Revelation 6:17) "For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?"

(Revelation 11:18) "And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."

(Revelation 14:10) "The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:"

(Revelation 14:19) "And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God."

Now, many people equivocate the terms: Persecutions/sufferings/ trials/ (tribulations Little "t") in the Christians Life, with the GREAT TRIBULATION....and then say, there is no Rapture.

Attention to detail will tell you that "Persecutions/sufferings/ trials/ (tribulations Little "t")" comes from or is sourced from the World and ALL that are in Christ will endure these @ some point.  However,...

The GREAT TRIBULATION, beginning with the Abomination of Desolation and lasting 3 1/2 years....see Kickoff Rev 6:1, is SOURCED FROM GOD PERSONALLY. 

Why is it just a relatively recent teaching,

It's not see Thessalonian Passages above.

Why would Christ bring my soul back to Earth from paradise, glorious heaven (assuming one's soul goes to heaven when they die) just to re-animate my body?

Your body won't be "Re-animated".  You'll receive a New Body....Spiritual Body (1 each)

We shall see him as he is....

(1 John 3:2) "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

We will receive our Spiritual Bodies because we will "be like HIM".

One cannot be in Heaven and stand in the Presence of Almighty GOD in the Flesh....

(1 Corinthians 15:50) "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

Wasn't Christ a physical being when he was taken up in the cloud after his resurrection?

Yes but HE was Transfigured Then...

(Matthew 17:1-2) "And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,  {2} And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light."

Moreover, HE could enter and leave a 6-Sided Room without anyone knowing or seeing "In the Flesh"....

(Luke 24:36-39) "And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,  Peace be unto you.  {37} But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.  {38} And he said unto them,  Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?  {39}  Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

HE has to Exist in @ Least 5 Dimensions

What about the souls that came back just after his resurrection?

I don't know.  Not enough Light in Scripture to make a conclusion here.

What really happens to one when they die

Now that's a QUESTION!!! :)  My "guess", we are in Spirit and are immediately with HIM (No Spiritual Bodies Yet).  Also HE and Heaven are outside the Time Domain...that is to say, from GODS Perspective.....somebody could die 1200BC and somebody could die Tomorrow and both arrive in Heaven @ the "SAME TIME" for the lack of a better Phrase. 

Well, God has it all under control (which He does).

Oh Yea, and it's an understatement.  IMHO, HE holds every Electron in each Atoms Respective ORBIT in the Universe.... and HE MUST be personally involved in every single living cell division that ever was!!

Do I need to know this to get into Heaven?

Do you need to Know about the Rapture to be Saved?  NO.  However, HE PUT it in HIS WORD and TOLD US for a REASON.....

(1 Thessalonians 5:21) "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." 

(2 Timothy 3:16) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

(2 Timothy 2:15) "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

And, so you will not be Deceived.   Increased FAITH and HOPE

Why do I have to take algebra in school? I'll never use it!

Well the only way to know that for sure is to know the Future.  I'm guessing here but I don't think you can...save for Prophecy  :)

ps I have used it throughout my life  :)